AI patch is now ready - Need testers

thanks Radaga, but I get "nothing to do Files have already been updated"

no worries, i used the OG gob and it worked :), i'll play tonight

Originally posted by groobz
thanks Radaga, but I get "nothing to do Files have already been updated"
This means that you haven't put the original .gob file in.
You must have the original cricket_pc.gob file installed in this directory:
C:/Program Files/EA Sports/Cricket 2004/data

If you do not, the patch will not install.

Radaga,what is difference between A I patch 3.0 and 5.0?.Kindly explain a bit so we can have some idea about it.

Furthermore,I am anxiously waiting for Ravi new updated patch which can provide tough time even to very competent gamers.I do believe,hard mode should be hard to such extent that it mostly provide tough challenges to gamers.

Guys I cant test this patch anymore and will upload the latest version here as well as send it to Ste to upload it in downloads section. There may be few issues that may not have come to my notice. Please feel free to let me know. Again I repeat this patch is not aimed at novice gamers and is aimed at experienced gamers. Please do not download and install this if you arent finding the previous version of the AI patches or even the original Cricket 2004 very easy even on hard mode. There is no readme attached but the install screen will give you all the info about the patch like what it does, whom is it aimed at etc Any feedback either post it here or you can PM me.

Cheers and have fun.

Last edited:
Attached is the install and unintall programs for AI patch ver 5.0.

See below for some write up on what this patch does :

* This patch is aimed at gamers who find playing Cricket 2004 easy even at hard level .
* The HARD/NORMAL/EASY modes are redefined to produce competetive games.
* The level of CPU competence has been tweaked and CPU should post competetive scores not withstanding the level you play at.
* The easy level is now not easy but is hard enough. The medium and hard levels are tweaked more to make it harder.
* The CPU shot selection has been tweaked to produce nice looks to CPU shots as well as play all around the ground.
* The pacing file for all modes of ODI are tweaked (10/20/45/50 over ODIS).
* The CPU is made more aggressive in tests for all the modes.(EASY/NORMAL/HARD).
* CPU should face spinners quite easily and score off them consistently.
* The directions for the shots are redefined to produce smarter results when batting
* What you will also see is the range of exciting shots CPU will attempt at spinners like a leg glance to a ball on stumps or a cut shot to the ones just short outside off or a pull when short on the stumps

Thats pretty much I can remember, the install will only work on original cricket_pc.GOB file in the data directory under Cricket 2004. Any altered version cannot be used to install this patch. The info about the patch and more writeup shows up when you install the patch. Also attached is uninstall patch which can be used to undo the changes. Again the uninstall patch can only uninstall if only the AI changes have been installed on the GOB. For instance after having installed the ver 5.0 patch you continue to install kits over it and then try the unintall it wont work. Hence it will be best for people interested in the patch to install the patch first, try it out and uninstall it right away if they do not like the patch. If any questions please fire away and I will be more than happy to answer.

Attachments

• ver5.0.zip
    95.8 KB · Views: 63
so i need to have a fresh gob with nothing changed (no kits, other gameplay patches etc to install this? i think im gunna have to reinstall :P)

Sorry mate, Tom may work on getting all these together. I know its a pain right now but cant really help with this one.

The patch works very well.I am playing ind vs aus in adelaide on a green pitch and aus are 100/3 in 22 overs. Initially hayden and langer went after the bowling but once i got their wickets , waugh and martyn are playing excellent test cricket, only going after loose deliveries.I am getting the ball to swing as well as seam of the pitch with zaheer and nehra and have had a few edges (though none to fielders). Balaji bowled an inswinging yorker to get langer out after he had thrashed him all over the park , so it was very satisfying.Great work! the game is much much more realistic now since I have to work hard to get them out, at the same time unlike cricket 2002 i do get them to play and miss and they dont defend all the time.Question for the forum though, do the players really play to their attributes ie gilchrist the destroyer and dravid the wall , when the CPU is playing? The reason I say this , martyn and waugh are playing exactly like they would in real life , (So do gilchrist and hayden)
The run out bug is still a little irritating though!!

Thanks Ravi,I am installing new patch and provide you the feedback soon.

Thanks for your feedback ashwinkm, only through such feedback can the patches be bettered whether the feedback bad or good. I have to say the batsman have defensive/moderate/aggressive attributes to them which decides how they play. Normally the aggressive ones will play more shots than the defensive ones thereby producing better results. I am not still convinced the other batting attributes like their favourite shot selection have any bearing on the game though. Keep me posted on how you go and if any odd issues do let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread