AI patch is now ready - Need testers

yer thats pretty much right, if you are ahving trouble bowling to the CPU, study the batsmans weaknesses. Then just bowl to their weakness.
trust me it works! :)

Ravi, i have had a lack of time to test, but today i have some time.
I will test a match with the new patch and write back here with the details.

New Zealand (me) vs England (CPU)
Hard Pitch
played at Perth

No problems Tim, take your time mate. We have life long to test with no other games going to be released atleast for 18 months.

That reminds me of something, I had to update power for Square cut shots which I didnt do in the first place. The sqcut shot in the ver 5.0 is way too powerful and if CPU plays this there is no way to stop it from going to boundry. This is the updated version, please download this one. Sorry guys, again you will need to install this on the original GOB.

Attachments

• ver5.0 with sq cut update.zip
    95.8 KB · Views: 71
yeh i was gonna say sumthin about that. The game just hangs for a few seconds, then the ump signals a four. I thought i just had magic timing LOL

Originally posted by crick4life
No problems Tim, take your time mate. We have life long to test with no other games going to be released atleast for 18 months.

That reminds me of something, I had to update power for Square cut shots which I didnt do in the first place. The sqcut shot in the ver 5.0 is way too powerful and if CPU plays this there is no way to stop it from going to boundry. This is the updated version, please download this one. Sorry guys, again you will need to install this on the original GOB.
hey Ravi!
I just came back from my game to ask you about that!
lol
Thanks for fixing it :)

the file os ver 5.0 with square cut update is a 0 file...i mean its not a exe file.....how do i open it.....i mean....can someone upload the file again.

Its a zip file mate, its got both install & uninstall in it. Use winzip to open it.

I've just finished testing out the v5.0 patch (fixed cut shot), and have a couple of questions. First of all let me tell you the reason that prompted the questions.

All of you are aware of the 'nick thru the slips' bug, I'll call it a bug anyway. I played a 1-Day match NSW v Trinidad @ Triniday, with warm, humid conditions on a green-top, so VERY conducive to swing. I bowled the first 12 overs and had Triniday 3/130 (including 1 of THOSE run-outs). Out of that 130 runs I had 23 'nicks thru the slips' (92 runs). Is that a joke or what?

I started out with McGrath and Lee bowling short of a length but, I had too many balls flying over the slips/gully. So, I tried pitching up on a good length...nope, this time they flew thru gully/point.

I had 3 slips, a gully, a point and a backward point by the end...you have to laugh or you'd cry!!!

Guess theres no chance of these f**king nicks being fixed?

Fixing is no problem but that will lead to teams getting bowled out in less than 15-20 overs. Probably we should get few to carry and few to drop short. Maybe reduce the edges but that will affect your bowling on hard/dry/dusty pitches. There wont be too many edges coming through on those pitches. I reckon the power on those edges should be reduced. I'll see what I can do although I normally keep a fine 3rd man to stop those fours.

Originally posted by SteveG
I've just finished testing out the v5.0 patch (fixed cut shot), and have a couple of questions. First of all let me tell you the reason that prompted the questions.

All of you are aware of the 'nick thru the slips' bug, I'll call it a bug anyway. I played a 1-Day match NSW v Trinidad @ Triniday, with warm, humid conditions on a green-top, so VERY conducive to swing. I bowled the first 12 overs and had Triniday 3/130 (including 1 of THOSE run-outs). Out of that 130 runs I had 23 'nicks thru the slips' (92 runs). Is that a joke or what?

I started out with McGrath and Lee bowling short of a length but, I had too many balls flying over the slips/gully. So, I tried pitching up on a good length...nope, this time they flew thru gully/point.

I had 3 slips, a gully, a point and a backward point by the end...you have to laugh or you'd cry!!!

Guess theres no chance of these f**king nicks being fixed?
I forgot to post about this ages ago, yer this happens to me too, but usually a few less than 23, i usually have about 10 go through.
I don't think it matters really because if you edit it to make the edges carry to slips then they will get out easy, but if you make them field them, then a few runs will go and their total will be less.
I find i get them out eventually anyway without heaps of catches in slips

crick4life- I think you're right about the strength of the edges. I think the keeper and the slips are too close to the stumps anyway, but I don't know if you can change the keepers position.

I have tried moving the slips back to 3rd Man position too, but not successfully.

Even on hard or dusty pitches I get edges that fly over the slips heads. I know its a fine balance that could be upset here tho.

As you said earlier maybe you can reduce the number of edges or make a few fall short, which is probably more realistic anyway.

Last edited:
Ravi your ai patch v5.0 is very good. I have found that the computer batting is a lot better. The computer also bowls a better line and they seem to place their fields a bit more reliably. This was evident in my latest game where i had to chase 320 in the last innings vs england at lords and was bowled out about 50 short of the target. Must say well done!!!!!!!!

A follow up on the patch5(ind vs aus adelaide test ). The gameplay is realistic , the aussies are playing exactly as they would in real life, and as their confidence grows they start playing more shots.However , if you are patient eventually you are able to get wickets. they are 262 /5 after 55 overs. The cpu shot selection is excellent , it does go for aerial shots once the confidence meter is full and the batsman has scored a few runs.My only problem seems to be that unless I set a defensive field , I get thrashed for unreal scores(12-20runs/over) so I dont have any slips. Maybe I need tofigure out a better line to bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread