AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Yeh, the installer takes a few minutes to check the GOB, after that a button called Start will apear click that and a progress meter will appear. To see how much progress it has completed you musn't click anywhere, other wise it will not respond, and you will not know how much it has completed, till it has finished.

Is there any way to solve the runout bug
Seem to be getting atleast 5 to 6 runouts
in each game

Originally posted by Vijay2004
Is there any way to solve the runout bug
Seem to be getting atleast 5 to 6 runouts
in each game

There's been several threads/posts regarding run outs. Unfortunatley the best way would be a patch from EA, but until (forever the optimist) that happens the best way is to
a) if you use custom fields, either use a short mid on/mid off or push them right back to the boundary. Run outs will still occur occassionally in other areas but I find them not so frequent (I've even had them from overthrows :eek: ).
b)use the shyte default fields (but you'll still get run outs).
Either way, just save your game after each over so you can quit and return to it if the bug strikes. A right royal pain in the arse, but it's better than having a cpu innings ruined by 6,7,8 run outs.

This version 5 match,, jeez i dunno guys, i'm getting caught out alot on the leg side when i play legglance,, it never used to do that on the previous patches. i'm not using slog or anything, its just that the batsman is ploping them up there.

question regarding the patch.I am playing with ver 5.0 and i seem to be having a problem playing shots sometimes. When I try playing a shot like say a cover drive for example it sometimes just plays a default defense shot.IS this a problem with my timing or does it have something to do with the players confidence or is it related to the patch?I am playing at medium with the patch. This is irriatating cos when I intend a good shot and i defend instead , i either miss or get hit by the ball and my confidence goes down.
BTW The patch is great so far , aus are 356 all out and ind are struggling at 95/4 of 30 overs. The ball is seaming and swinging all over the place and it is very realistic.I have some great movies of lee and mcgrath bowling out/inswingers and just missing the bat of the indian openers . Dont know how to put them up here though cos the files are too big. I seem to have problems with the leg glance too, plonking the ball straight to the fielder.

Originally posted by groobz
This version 5 match,, jeez i dunno guys, i'm getting caught out alot on the leg side when i play legglance,, it never used to do that on the previous patches. i'm not using slog or anything, its just that the batsman is ploping them up there.
It is just a matter of timing, if you play the shot too early it will pop up and give an easy catch.

question regarding the patch.I am playing with ver 5.0 and i seem to be having a problem playing shots sometimes. When I try playing a shot like say a cover drive for example it sometimes just plays a default defense shot.IS this a problem with my timing or does it have something to do with the players confidence or is it related to the patch?I am playing at medium with the patch. This is irriatating cos when I intend a good shot and i defend instead , i either miss or get hit by the ball and my confidence goes down.

Does the default defense shot happen sometimes or all the time? Is it on one particular shot or pretty much all the shots? This wasnt intended but I will have a look to make sure its not to do with the change in difficutly settings in medium level.

As for the leg side shot goes, yes the shot timing is very important as Ragada put it. In previous versions it was very easy to play any shot and it felt hard to start with but after a week or so it was far too easy to play. I think it just need practice and picking the right ball to hit the right shot. One golden rule is not to attempt leg glance for a ball pitching on off/middle and going away. If you pick a ball that is fairly full and is an inswinger you should be able to middle the shots.

The default defense shot happens quite often and is usually a front foot defense. I have been playing for the last 1 hour and its quite irritating(seems to be happening more often )Tendulkar has been stuck on 98 for close to 6 overs now, finally got fed up and slogged , thinking it would work and hey presto the keys worked. I know that in cricket 2002 on easy settings you sometimes played a defensive shot automatically, is that the same case here? I have to hand it to you for the patch though , I have been playing the test match non stop this weekend ,the game is so absorbing!!!
Before the patch I used to score 8-12 runs an over in test matches , now I am around 3-3.7 rpo, very realistic.
Wish I had looked at the forum a little earlier though, I lost 3 wickets trying to play a leg glance to balls on off and middle and going away, one went to the bowler of an inside edge and the other two went to mid off , and square leg!!All three were against the spin/swing however.

Ravi,yesterday I as well play the full match between India and Pakistan and I was playing as a Pakistan.India really whacked me around every corner.They scored 182/5 and first 3 batsman made 50s with Tendulkar the top scorer with66.In reply,I was all out at the score of 120 and remember it was 20 overs match.Though it is really cool patch.I will have 6 holidays in few days so I will give this patch more indepth try.Your hard work really enhanced the joyness of play.Hope,many more we will get from you in future.

Ravi,also mail me the patch with big cursor as sometimes I am really frustrated with the abundance of yorkers.My email is:

[email protected]

Thanks in advance

I don't know, I just can't score in this patch. I can only score about 2-3 runs per over. When ever i hit a shot forward or back, the batsman basically just blocks it to the fielder, there is no power in any shots.

Groobz, is that on the hard mode or the medium or easy?

Originally posted by ashwinkm
The default defense shot happens quite often and is usually a front foot defense. I have been playing for the last 1 hour and its quite irritating(seems to be happening more often )Tendulkar has been stuck on 98 for close to 6 overs now, finally got fed up and slogged , thinking it would work and hey presto the keys worked. I know that in cricket 2002 on easy settings you sometimes played a defensive shot automatically, is that the same case here? I have to hand it to you for the patch though , I have been playing the test match non stop this weekend ,the game is so absorbing!!!
Before the patch I used to score 8-12 runs an over in test matches , now I am around 3-3.7 rpo, very realistic.
Wish I had looked at the forum a little earlier though, I lost 3 wickets trying to play a leg glance to balls on off and middle and going away, one went to the bowler of an inside edge and the other two went to mid off , and square leg!!All three were against the spin/swing however.

I will check to see if the defense issue also is occuring on my pc and if it is then I will upload the patch with a fix for this.

In that case you try the easy/medium mode its lot easier to bat in those modes. HARD mode is created to be really hard although I still score quite a lot of runs and I can assure you with a little bit of playing you should be all right even on hard mode.

medium mode is way to easy, scoring about 16rpo. It seems that i'm in between the two levels.

What shots can i play?
almost every shot i play goes straight to the fielder :(

Users who are viewing this thread