AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Is this using the AI patch ver 5.0 you are scoring 16 rpo in medium level?

sorry no, that was with 3.0a. Using medium i was going at about7-8 per over, but then i quit back to hard mode.

You need to try the Ver 5.0 normal level, I assure you it wont let you score that heavily.

The modified ver 5.0 with bigger cursor size. This should also fix the defense shots that were being played for cover drives in NORMAL level as stated by Ashwinkm.

Attachments

• ver5.0 with big cursor.zip
    95.8 KB · Views: 142
I've been playing the AI v5.0 patch for a few days now and I gotta say that it has made the game almost enjoyable. It is very hard on HARD, but medium is much more realistic.

Great work!!!! Congrats.

I agree Steve, cricket4life have you tweaked medium level at all? or just hard?. I think that if you tweaked medium level a bit more to make shots slightly harder it would be good. I score about 7-8 per over on the match i just played through about 15overs with the loss of 2 wickets.

I have downloaded the updated patch .Unfortunately cant try it till i get back from work.
On the other hand, since it is snowing here on the east coast, maybe I will just take off and play test cricket all day . Will let you know soon ,if the patch has resolved the default shot problem.

having a great game on hard, i'm Aus playing Pak, and i'm 0/79, scoring at 6 per over!! :)

Can anyone tell me whether this patch makes bowling tougher? I know that the cursor size is bigger. Other than that are there any specific tweaks to make it tougher?

I find it very easy to win because I seem to be able to get the CPU out most of the time below 100 runs (in one-dayers - haven't been playing any tests).

This was the same problem I had with Brian Lara Cricket. I could get any team out for less than 30 runs both in tests and one-dayers.

The CPU AI never seems to be chasing a target at any point of time. Even if I score 500 runs in a one-day match, I am able to maintain the CPU run-rate to less than three. It does not improvise and try to 'up' the rate.

Last edited:
groobz - I find HARD really difficult to score freely...I only get 3-4 and over. The CPU pounds me when I bowl.

msamina - Nope, the CPU never seems to pace itself, whether its chasing a high or a low target.

Originally posted by msamina
Can anyone tell me whether this patch makes bowling tougher? I know that the cursor size is bigger. Other than that are there any specific tweaks to make it tougher?

I find it very easy to win because I seem to be able to get the CPU out most of the time below 100 runs (in one-dayers - haven't been playing any tests).

This was the same problem I had with Brian Lara Cricket. I could get any team out for less than 30 runs both in tests and one-dayers.

The CPU AI never seems to be chasing a target at any point of time. Even if I score 500 runs in a one-day match, I am able to maintain the CPU run-rate to less than three. It does not improvise and try to 'up' the rate.
The patch makes bowling harder too.

Ravi,

Finally found time to play with your version 5.0 square cut patch. And here are my summaries for 2 matches
1st Match: Bangladesh (user) vs Australia (computer) on a green pitch. Hard level
I scored 360 all out in 49 overs and bowled out Aus for 240 in 32.4 overs. I was really surprised that AI was going at the required run rate. I had to set a defensive field to get them catch out and 8 wickets were catching out and 2 were bowled. There were plenty of edges, not easy as before to play spinners and hit them for sixes, and lot of swing out of deliveries. Than on second thought it was Bangladesh so decided to play a second match.

2nd Match: Australia (user) vs India (computer) on dusty pitch. Hard level
I must tell you that I am really good with the left handed batsman in the game. The opening partnership between Hayden and Gilchrist were 123 from 12 overs. The way Hayden got bowled I was really surprised to see. The delivery was a good length just outside off stumps and I was trying to play it to a cover driver where it nicks the inside edge and right on to the stumps. Ponting came and didn?t stayed for too long and got LBW. I completely misjudged the delivery. The next delivery Martyn was clean bowled with the same kind of delivery and once again didn?t pick up the swing of a delivery. Bevan and Gilchrist stayed till the end and scored 402/3. India inning weren?t that exciting. They were pretty much going at 6 to 7 runs an over. After 40 overs India were 266/4 and than finally batsman were start hitting shots. There were plenty of boundaries but also catch outs. Rest of the players were caught out and India were all out for 322 after 44.5 overs.

What impresses me the most about the patch are:
Plenty of edges, spinners weren?t easy to play and hard to hit them for sixes, lot of swing but it does vary on pitches, difficult to get 600+ scores, not easy to get plenty of sixes in an inning as before, AI is much improved than before and 7/10 times does stay at require run rate while chasing, bowling is difficult and have to maintain a good line and length even against a minnows teams, when playing a advance shot (hit six shot) ball does tend to go high than before, timing is more harder than before which makes it hard to score much as before.

Suggestions and comments:
It?s very easy to sweep yokers and get a boundary out of it. 19/20 times you easily get a 4. On drive are very easy to play and pretty much timing doesn?t matter at all. You can easily get a single or two or a 4 if no fielder is positioned there. Also I found cover drive easy to play than before. When it edges to the 3rd man while you have a slip in placed the ball goes so fast that slippers doesn?t have time to react and goes to a 3rd man, not sure if anything can be done about it, its just the pace of a delivery I guess. AI is pretty strong against the minnow?s team but not much difference against good teams.

I haven?t played the test yet but hopefully I will start that in a day or two and give you my comments on it. Overall the patch is really good. I was really tired to scoring 700+ runs and bowling them out for less than 50. I have a one really good suggestion to make a harder level more exciting and playable for long time. Keep the same tweaks and configs and completely remove the cursor and bowling radar. The radar tells you where the ball is going to swing and pretty much you can judge the delivery. As far as the cursor for we can just have it like old days where you see the cursor at the end. Once again hats off to you Ravi, great work.

wow, great score Rangeela, i can see its gonna be tough for whoever plays you in the knockout comp!

Users who are viewing this thread