AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Just had a great game on hard, Haydon and Gilly had a 200 run partnership! before the cpu dogged me and i was run out! damn slow reaction times@!, ponting added 45.

Originally posted by Rangeela

Suggestions and comments:
I have a one really good suggestion to make a harder level more exciting and playable for long time. Keep the same tweaks and configs and completely remove the cursor and bowling radar. The radar tells you where the ball is going to swing and pretty much you can judge the delivery. As far as the cursor for we can just have it like old days where you see the cursor at the end. Once again hats off to you Ravi, great work.

Thanks for that Rangeela and I second your thoughts. I agree with you fully we should not be able to see the swing at all and cursor should only be see in the last minute thereby making us to stick to the leg stump guard rather than making adjustments to the stance even before the ball is bowled.

Unfortunately hiding the cursor is not the same as in Cricket 2002. It can be hidden for a while but when the cursor is displayed again you can still move around in the crease. I tried hiding the swing when bowling but as of now am able to hide the ball and seam but not the cursor, will keep trying hopefully some day I should be able to figure it out.

Shailesh and me played an 'online' game yesterday with v5, on hard level.
NZ(me) v SA(Shailesh), hard wicket. I batted first and was pleased to make 230/7 after 50 (unbelievable how some of you guys score so easily:eek: ), and thought it would be a testing target for S.
I've just heard back from him and he beat me by 6 wickets after 47.1 overs. D'oh! Well played S:) .
A really enjoyable batting experience Ravi. I plodded along at 4 an over, but kept some wickets in hand, allowing me to have a 'dig' with the lower order late on. S got a great start with a 100 run opening partnership, and evidently maintained a good rate throughout. Good, realistic stuff.
Next match is gonna be on a green top, so no doubt I'll struggle to top 150!

I done an ING Cup match against NSW and i struggled to get their score of 131. I ended up 8/134 after 27.3 overs (Run Rate: 4.87). I will post a match report in my ING Cup Thread.

Originally posted by jonah
NZ(me) v SA(Shailesh), hard wicket. I batted first and was pleased to make 230/7 after 50 (unbelievable how some of you guys score so easily:eek: ), and thought it would be a testing target for S.
I've just heard back from him and he beat me by 6 wickets after 47.1 overs. D'oh! Well played S:) .
A really enjoyable batting experience Ravi. I plodded along at 4 an over, but kept some wickets in hand, allowing me to have a 'dig' with the lower order late on. S got a great start with a 100 run opening partnership, and evidently maintained a good rate throughout. Good, realistic stuff.

After all you didnt have to play on medium level eh Mike. Looks a close game and why didnt you use S's game tweak to make the pitch dusty for the second half. Looks like you missed a trick;)

Lol Ravi, don't give him ideas, he's batting first next up! I need all the help I can get when it comes to trying to beat Shailesh;) .
We started a match on medium but found it too easy to get boundaries, but am now glad we tried hard level.

re patch

I have played with the patch a couple of times in county games,it seems to me to have gone to the other extreme when cpu is batting,when the batsmen have there confidence up they are nearly impossible to bowl too,evrything goes to the boundary,i found the original quite good exept for the excesive edges in the air,mabe some of the edges that go in the air could go along the ground? Lbws i think the strike zone is too wide if it could be narrowed it might help some of the lb desisions,the run outs im not sure how they work out when to run it maybe on time?:confused:

I tried hiding the swing when bowling but as of now am able to hide the ball and seam but not the cursor, will keep trying hopefully some day I should be able to figure it out. [/B]

wish you a very best of luck to hide the cursor and that way the game will be more challenging and enjoyable

Originally posted by jonah
You guys should apply for the online tournie with scores like that!
good stuff! :)

Originally posted by crick4life
Thanks for that Rangeela and I second your thoughts. I agree with you fully we should not be able to see the swing at all and cursor should only be see in the last minute thereby making us to stick to the leg stump guard rather than making adjustments to the stance even before the ball is bowled.

Unfortunately hiding the cursor is not the same as in Cricket 2002. It can be hidden for a while but when the cursor is displayed again you can still move around in the crease. I tried hiding the swing when bowling but as of now am able to hide the ball and seam but not the cursor, will keep trying hopefully some day I should be able to figure it out.
Is there anyway you can stop the batsman moving around the crease?
that way it wouldn't matter if you could see the cursor or not.

The patch does seem to solve the problem somewhat. India finished their 1 st innings at 280 off 75 overs and trail by 100 runs.Aus are 50/3 in the second innings. (sadly two wickets were those blasted cpu runouts again , really EA needs to fix that)
I dont know what level the others are playing at , or they must be really good because I seem to be finding the game more realistic now and have not been able to bowl the cpu out cheaply.I think it is great though as it makes things more challenging.I mean it maybe fun to bowl aussies out for 100 but thats not realistic!!!It is true that the CPU is very hard to get out once they are set but thats how cricket is in real life!!!!

Harder the game longer we can play really. I believe we should not move around in the crease first up and should not be able to see the seam/swing/speed. I have tweaked the exe to hide the swing/speed but this should only be used when batting. I will keep looking to to see if we can restrict the batsman's movement in the crease. Try the attached exe when batting and let me know what you guys think. Meanwhile I will keep looking for avenues to restrict the batsman's movement in the crease.

Ashwin, do you get heaps of run out? I normally save the game every other over and reload the game if theres a run out. That way atleast we wont be getting cheap wickets and I agree harder its to get the oppostiion out better the enjoyment. You can still blast the tail with the patch cant you? I can pretty much every time can get the last four wickets for less than 30 runs.

Tried twice but am unable to upload the tweaked exe here. Will email to you Tim, Mike, Squiz and let me know what you guys think about it.

Tim/Squiz, the mail sent to you bounced guys. Maybe its because of the size of the patch which is around 1.4 MB. Let me know when you guys have enough space.

Harder the game longer we can play really- i agree.I dont move around that much in test matches anyway.I belive that in one day matches you should be allowed to move around to slog since that is realistic . I still do get run outs , but if i do the same thing that you do,ie save and restore.I am able to get the tail out but the problem as I had written earlier was that the tail has so many edges that fly over the fielders heads and go for boundaries, so the tail usually scores 40 odd runs very quickly. Having said this , I must confess I am still in the process of playing the same test match so havent really tried playing a full one dayer yet.Have played close to 3 days in the test though and it is absorbing to say the least. I just got two edges of steve waugh and I didnt have close in fielders for both so it was frustrating but thats the whole point of trying to make the game realistic.Question though, how on earth are you guys making it spin, my spinners seem to be ineffective (On a green pitch though) whereas darren lehman and mcgill (the cpu spinners) are very very difficult to read.I keep playing and missing the line of the ball.Have had very few sweep shots so far. The other question I have is , the cpu seems to be able to run the ball down to third man easily , whereas I struggle to play that shot.Any suggestions?

BTW - the game rocks- I have become absolutely addicted to this test match and can barely get away from the computer- ( My new fond enthusiasm for test cricket after the enthralling recent india - aus series) I dont think I ever played a single test match with cricket 2002 !!!

Users who are viewing this thread