AI patch is now ready - Need testers

The only reason CPU plays better and pretty much all the shots is because the difficulty is quite less as compared to the human players. This was to ensure CPU plays better than us most of the times. Spin bowling again is quite the same, CPU has fairly good values for judging the length/line/seam/spin whereas we have to depend on our skill to negate this. This is only your first game and will hence find it little hard to bat but once you are a little experienced you will be kicking CPU ar** on medium level. Although I suggest enjoy the fun while it lasts.

Let me see how I do in the second innings when I bat.My bowling has already improved and aus are 92/4 of 30 overs, so I am able to restrict the cpu more.Does the CPU ever declare?I am now nearly 250 runs behind in the second innings and I was just wondering if anyone has noticed if this happens?

i had the original GOB, then i patched it with cricket 2004 ai 3[1].0 on original gob then i tried to patch it with 5.0 and it said unknown version

Originally posted by jonah
Lol Ravi, don't give him ideas, he's batting first next up! I need all the help I can get when it comes to trying to beat Shailesh;) .
We started a match on medium but found it too easy to get boundaries, but am now glad we tried hard level.

LOL! Ravi the patch has been excellent, esp. the match on hard wicket, pretty realistic. Some movement, edges early on, boundries were hard to hit so very pleasing when you hit one. Certainly tests your patience and shot selection. My shot of the match was the only six of the match by Kallis over extra cover :)

Let's see how our match on green wicket goes, cheer up Mike NZ usually fancy green tops :Dor we can change it to dry when you bat :p ;)

Originally posted by Radaga
You guys should apply for the online tournie with scores like that!
good stuff! :)

Tim,

hope to play in one soon

:)

Originally posted by Shailesh

Let's see how our match on green wicket goes, cheer up Mike NZ usually fancy green tops :Dor we can change it to dry when you bat :p ;)

Lol, don't tempt me S, I've got to beat you somehow ;) :D !

Originally posted by Radaga
You guys should apply for the online tournie with scores like that!
good stuff! :)

What when some of you guys are walloping 400+ in 50 overs!? I'll be like a lamb to the slaughter:) .

I am still not in Rangeela/Tim/Squiz mould yet Mike and am not too far away from being slaughtered:( . Also it doesnt help coming from the lamb country, its like an invitation to these guys. ;) I suppose you got me email with bowling speed/swing not being displayed, have a go with that in a test you will love it.

S, I have to really thank you every time for your game tweak. Not only does it allow me to simulate different weather/temeprature/pitch every now and then but also adds some sanity to opponents bowling changes. I swap the team and I manage their bowling changes. I am mid way through an exciting series, I was on 9/4 against Saffies playing as NZ but have recovered to 140/4 with Cairns 64(84) and Richardson 68(126) on a normal wicket with overcast weather. Now both the weather and the batting is lot better thanks to your tweak.

I've started a game on hard level with the new files Ravi, and, typically the cpu won the toss and batted first. I thought I'd have a go at bowling without the swing/ speed display and I quite like it. I've found you can judge when to press the button at the right time by studying the bowler; just as his foot hits the crease. I've only bowled 3 no balls in 15 overs; having said that, the cpu (SA) are 94/0 off 15, but I don't think I'd have had any more joy even with the bowling display on;) . Whether it'll be hard when I bring the spinners on time will tell.
Looking forward to having a bat with the new files though.

I agree about Shailesh's savtweak, a great program. I still can't exit the game using alt+tab though, which means I'd have to save and quit the whole thing to carry out bowling changes as you do.

Users who are viewing this thread