AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Ravi,

I have completed playing the world championship match that I mentioned earlier. I should say that using your patch the CPU batted very well.

I scored 337 all out in 47 overs and the CPU responded with 242 for 8 after 50 overs. This is one of the very few times I have not been able to get the CPU all out.

One thing I noticed was the CPU at the end of 40 overs had only scored 153 and it had lost 6 wickets. It scored the remaining 89 runs in the last 10 overs. I was able to keep the CPU quiet by using spin bowlers. The best bowling figures were for Harbajan Singh. He bowled 10 overs giving 21 runs and taking 2 wickets. After 8 overs he had given only 11 runs and I used him continuously from the 27th to the 47th over. Maybe the CPU should be a bit more aggressive before 40 overs. But, for me this is great because I am not such a consistent batsman. I am a very consistent bowler though.

Great work. Thanx and keep it up.

Thanks for your feedback guys, its very encouraging.

Good luck Ashwin and yes Msamina the CPU was a touch dodgy against the spinners with all that one too many sweep shots I reckon. That will change with the update I am going to post. If you are going to score that kind of runs every now and then you should definately try the exe patch which hides the swing/seam/speed making it far more challenging to bat in both ODIs and tests.

Ravi,kindly let that exe uplod to site by ste so everyone according to their wish can use and give it a try.

Although,I am not a consistent player but I have played some mantches and will provide whole feed back very soon

I have sent the exe that hides the swing/seam/speed to Ste. He should probably be able to upload it in the download section sometime.

Here we go fellas, have a good go and let me know how you go with it. Attached is the Ver 6.0 AI updates that will fix the sweep against yorkers, CPU getting out against yorkers, ondrive timing & power tweak and some more fixes I cannot remember. If anything odd given my changing of GOB every other day, please let me know.

This version of AI update fixes issues from Ver 5.0. Some of the fixes include :

1. CPU sweep fix : Will reduce over reliance on sweep shots against the spinners and also ensures no cheap wickets via LBWs.

2. Sweep against the yorkers : This patch will mostly reduce boundries being scored using sweep shot against yorkers.

3. Ondrive tweaks : Ondrive has been made a little difficult to play and also not easy to time every other time.

Please ensure you have the original cricket_pc.GOB file that came with the game in the data directory under Cricket 2004. More info on what this patch does and install instructions can be found when you execute the patch file.

Cheers.

Attachments

• ver 6.zip
    95.9 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
i would like to ask if all the improvements have already been made to ver 6 like 3,3a,ver2 all these updates before or this is a totally diffrent thing

This is Ver 6.0 and does contain all the updates made since Ver 1.0 through to Ver 6.0 that includes 2, 3, 3a, 5 et al.

I tried to install the patch but it keeps on saying that my .gob file isn't the right version. I don't know wahts goin' on can anybody help me out!

If you have previously installed Ver 5.0 patch then use the 5.0 uninstall to remove it first. Then run the Ver 6.0 install and that should work. Otherwise you can place the original copy of cricket_pc.GOB file in data directory under Cricket 2004 and then run the Ver 6.0 install.

The un-installer is available with the 5.0 patch. See Page 23 of this thread.

I notice your only into the third day, and have scored nearly a 1000 runs , and 34 wickets have fallen,i have been playing in hard with the patch and feel everything is still to quick,i think more 1s 2s and 3s would make the game more realistic,please dont get me wrong im not critisising anyone just adding an opinion,i find batting hard with the patch and get a lot of runs with some wierd edges,when i do time a shot it flies,can the fields be edited so the pace of them varies eg slow outfield med fast ect,maybe more reguler edges along the ground,also any hope of fixing the editor so you can pick your own sides,as i said im not being smart just adding an opinion.

Every ai patch is accompanied by it,s removal so check the forums with care and you will find easily.

Users who are viewing this thread