AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Not sure I replied before but I do not have the 3.0 or 3.0a versions on my pc to make a new update. The best you can do Nikkhil is to delete cricket_pc.GOB file and check your cd in and go for repair. This will install a new original GOB which you may want to backup before you install Ver 6.0.

Try the attached file to see if it can remove the 3.0a patch and restore the GOB to its original state. If it doesnt I cant see any other way of sorting this apart from what I have specified above. Good luck.

Attachments

• cricket 2004 ai patch reversal 3.0a.exe
    85.1 KB · Views: 3
the default shot problem seems to be due to my gamepad . I tried playing an ind vs wi match in medium with the patch and on a hard pitch with my keyboard and every single shot seems to work.Suddenly batting was sooo much easier.I was scoring at nearly 12 runs per over . even with the field spread out i still score 10 runs per over - suddenly the game became too easy , maybe I should try it on hard? How come in the test matches I used to miss the ball quite often , whereas in the one day I hit the ball almost every single time.Does my opposition have anything to do with it?(aus bowlers are much better than wi?)
The other irritating thing is the number of wides that the computer bowls. faaaaaaaaaar too many . atleast 3 wides per over! can we get a patch to fix that?

hi i have patch 5 i find it very very easy on medium but on hard its really hard to play offside shots and time , also i can t get patch 6 on to my computer not in zip form can it be like patch 5 thanks graham

yes i was playing that on medium to with version 5.0 of the patch

i need help / suggeston....

well i have ver. 3a installed.....i play TEST on HARD and find it good....neither difficult nor easy.

but ODI in HARD is really really very difficult......so i tried medium level......here the bating was a peice of cake.....but bowling was difficult as i got thrashed all around the park.

the cpu is getting 190+ in every 20 over match....leaving no scope for bowling. but in batting im able to chase that total at around 13-15 rpo.

so aal i wanna say the bowling s**ks and is tooo difficlut while batting is tooo easy.

i havn't tried the new 4 , 5 or 6 version of the patch....since version 6 has all the elements of 1 to 5. plz tell me that is the version 6 of the patch worth it.....coz if i play on medium with version 6.....i don't want the same thrashing and batting should be difficult upto a limit.

Actually even though I hit the seamers all over the park, I found the spinners difficult to play again- the toughest ball is one pitched at almost yorker length , if they flight the ball I miss it by a few nanoseconds and get bowled.Is there a way that I can put up a picture of my scorecard here to give you an idea of some of the problems in one days?(Faaaaar too many wides)

Screen shot of my match with version 5.0 - Hard and not medium as posted earlier sorry! Way tooo many wides

Attachments

• cricket 2004b2 2004-01-20 11-53-44-62.jpg
    cricket 2004b2 2004-01-20 11-53-44-62.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 99
REVIEW OF A.I VERSION 6.0

sadly this version is no improvement over the patches posted before.

the main key features are still bad.

PLAYING OF MEDIUM :

1. bowling is very difficult with no movement of seam or swing on any pitches except a little bit on wet,green and damp pitches. the cursor size is too big resulting wides.

2. batting on the other hand is too easy and with the increased cursor size which results in wides by cpu. also the byes bug give a total of 40-50 extras in an inning.

3. the field setting by the cpu is worse. i was thrashing him in a 20 over match but then also he has only 3 men outside the circle after 8 overs.

also some minor things.

so all in all...a lot of work needs to be done.

And I don't think ravi will be happy with the comment either...

Firstly everyone is entitled to their opinion so not really concerned. Not everyone can be pleased with these patches given everyones playing styles are different.

Tutsipoppy2 , if you reckon it is not suiting your style or not at all happy with the things are then you have the option of not playing with it. If you have only issues with the bowling cursor then you can use the config editor and change the bowling cursor to minimum. I suppose you know the CPU field settings and the keeper giving away too many byes are bugs not being sorted yet. Thats all I can say about this.

If Tutisi finds it hard playing with the patch maybe he should just stick to playing without it?

Users who are viewing this thread