AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Just downloaded the version 6 patch Ravi and i must say that it is awesome. Playing against England on a green deck on the hard level and the ball is moving and making runs hard to score. Keep up the good work as it is much appreciated.

Tutsi,I do believe that patch has enhanced the gameplay in many aspects tremedously..Although,there is always room for improvement,so with the passage of time better patches would emerge.Still he is doing a nice job and due to Ravi tweaking,Cricket2004 is more fun to play.You can adhere with the version,you think best suit you.

Originally posted by tutsipoppy2
REVIEW OF A.I VERSION 6.0

sadly this version is no improvement over the patches posted before.

the main key features are still bad.

PLAYING OF MEDIUM :

1. bowling is very difficult with no movement of seam or swing on any pitches except a little bit on wet,green and damp pitches. the cursor size is too big resulting wides.

2. batting on the other hand is too easy and with the increased cursor size which results in wides by cpu. also the byes bug give a total of 40-50 extras in an inning.

3. the field setting by the cpu is worse. i was thrashing him in a 20 over match but then also he has only 3 men outside the circle after 8 overs.

also some minor things.

so all in all...a lot of work needs to be done.

well....i don't think or say that the patch is a crap.....no i prefer playing with the patch. i just gave my opinion on the patch....i think i have the right to do that.

well i just wanna say the bowling is too booring and difficult with no seam or swing movement.

it is just a suggestion to RAVI so that he can look into this matter in further patches.

if my comments has made some negative effect....i'm sorry.

Ravi, i need to know when your next going to update the patch so that i can know if it is worth it to put all the kits in

Ravi has said that everyone's entitled to their opinions tutsi, that's how he's improved his patches each time, it was just the way you said it that seemed a bit abrupt!:)

What has been the problem with the game with no patches on hard? Too easy to score runs or the cpu scores too easy?I find it far too easy to get wicketswithout the patch on any pitch but way too hard to bat in hard mode,i would like just a bowling patch if it was possible , i find that bowling is a bit more realistic with the patch.Is anyone working on the runout problem and the team editors?

Originally posted by Kerry_OKeeffe
Ravi, i need to know when your next going to update the patch so that i can know if it is worth it to put all the kits in

Kerry am not sure what changes are needed and on what mode atm. There are couple of issues I would see sorted after having played a game. All others who wish to see any change in this patch please list your requests here, if its reasonable and possible I will tweak those.(Please do not list bugs which cannot be sorted atm like default field settings, run outs, lineup bugs et al. )

1. CPU bowling cursor to be reduced to ensure CPU bowls less wides but still not bowl too many yorkers.

2. Increase spin on green pitch so that the spinners can be a little more effective.

3. Make sweep shots a little harder to play.

4. Update the default lineups for international countries to ensure the CPU picks the latest players.

Last edited:
Originally posted by crick4life
Kerry am not sure what changes are needed and on what mode atm. There are couple of issues I would see sorted after having played a game. All others who wish to see any change in this patch please list your requests here, if its reasonable and possible I will tweak those.(Please do not list bugs which cannot be sorted atm like default field settings, run outs, lineup bugs et al. )

1. CPU bowling cursor to be reduced to ensure CPU bowls less wides but still not bowl too many yorkers.

2. Increase spin on green pitch so that the spinners can be a little more effective.

3. Make sweep shots a little harder to play.

4. Update the default lineups for international countries to ensure the CPU picks the latest players.
Can i suggest another one?
Less edges on Green pitches, i played 10 overs and every shot was an edge!
it was ridicuous!, but all the edges went over slips!

Has anyone looked into the excessive byes problem?

I have been finding that if I move the spin/seam/swing indicator at the last moment, I not only fool the batsman I ALWAYS fool the wicket-keeper. Although I bowl a steady off-stump line and add a little movement I still go for 100 off the first 10 overs and at least 50% of those runs are byes.

i'm getting many edges for boundry's....playin hard mode on hard pitch in sunny conditions...was getting 10 an over mainy due to 4s to third man with edges.....also the front foot leg side shot is going many times directly to square leg for a catch...played it thrice and all 3 times went to the same place for a catch! plzz try to fix this!

The patch makes batting a little more challenging and a lot more fun. Although playing power shots while charging is still a little bit too easy. I reckon it would be better if you could get the batters to miscue a few more of them, in particular straight drives.

Any chance of the lbws being looked at , i think some of them are a bit out of the ordinary,remembering that any doubt goes in the batsmens favour,maybe the strike zone narrowed a bit?

Users who are viewing this thread