AI patch is now ready - Need testers

what is the newest patch available? is it recommended for someone who has just got the game to install straight away?

i thought thats what i should do but is the gameplay crap, thats why you patched it? or simply to make it harder?

Using your patch, I am currently playing a world championship. I am playing for India and am in the process of playing my first match against Sri Lanka. I haven't had a chance to bowl yet. I always used to choose batting first, because I always could win by restricting the opposition. I followed the same pattern and am batting right now.

My score currently stands at 249/7 after 35 overs on a dusty pitch. Even though my run-rate is quite all right, I did find timing quite difficult. I have been lucky with some of my mis-timed shots going for fours. With others I have gotten out :( . The good score is primarily due to Dravid's century. He is still not out.

All in all, it has been a pretty good gaming experience using your patch. Previously, I used to get out mostly when I tried to accelerate. Now, even when I am trying to save my wickets, I end up losing some. I am specifically finding it difficult when trying a leg-glance. Hopefully, the CPU can beat my score.

Thanx for the incredible effort that you put in tweaking Cricket 2004.

One question: If I go practice, will the swing of the bowlers be same as playing in a one-dayer depending on the level of difficulty that I set ?

Ravi, just finished bowling at cpu in a 50 over odi using the no swing/speed exe and v5 patch, and I bowled them out for 224 after 45 overs (this is on hard level). The reason being that the cpu tries often to sweep the spinners, misses the ball and gets trapped lbw. This happened for 6 of the wickets. The cpu sweep shot needs tweaking so it doesn't miss it 80% of the time. If it wasn't for that, it's a great patch for bowling:) .
I'll post feedback on my run chase later.

A simple fix I do Mike for the cpu sweeping all the time is as follows

1) hex edit the gob file
2) search for text string - bowlertypes 6 (stroke file)

Find the second stroke file for bowlertypes 6
By memory I think the values are

ballstumps 0
ballbatsman 3
balllength 4

These indicate the cpu will play the sweep a LOT

Change these to

ballstumps 0
ballbatsman 1
balllength 2

This will ensure lot less sweeping. Increase/decrease the reward values to get more/less sweeping as desired
:)

Cheers Phil, I'll get onto it later:) .
Will doing this also ensure the cpu makes contact with the ball more often when it does play the sweep?

Does the weather change over the course of a 5 day match.What about the pitch conditions- does the pitch deteriorate over 5 days?

Originally posted by jonah
Cheers Phil, I'll get onto it later:) .
Will doing this also ensure the cpu makes contact with the ball more often when it does play the sweep?

No it won't Mike - maybe try reducing the difficulty value, but not convinced this will help ?

Originally posted by squiz
To exit the game with Alt+Tab you need another window open. If that doesnt work Alt+Ctrl+Del Will :)

Mike, to ensure you are able to ALT+TAB make sure your resolution for the game is always less than your desktop settings. For example, if your desktop resolution is 1024x768 make sure your game is set at 800x600. This will surely work not just for this game but for any game.

Ashwin, the pitch doesnt really change in a test match although the weather and temperature may change. I havent seen enough to confirm it though. What you need is Shailesh's game tweak to simulate good test conditions something like starting a test match on a normal pitch the first day, change the pitch type to hard for the 2nd & 3rd day, 4th day to dry and probably the 5th day to dusty. If you are a fanatic then you could even look at yahoo weather for that particular city and can simulate the weather conditions as well.

Mike, I agree the sweep shots were a bit of a bother in the ver 5.0 patch. I had changed it couple of days ago to only sweep ones on the leg stump as Phil has mentioned above. I will be releasing an update which fixes this issue as well as sweep against yorkers and further tweak to the on drive shots.

I will download shailesh
s game tweak and try it out. Dont want to do it in this match though as it looks like I am already losing.Aus 385 and 280 .India 261 and 40/4 in the second innings on the third day in adelaide. Dont want to make conditions harder , as top order struggled. I made movies of my dismissals and each one is a beauty. Dravid defended to his first ball to a ball pitched slightly short on middle and leg and moving away and nicked to third slip.Suprisingly mcgrath bowled exactly the same ball to dravid in the first innings and I got out first ball then too - except to second slip. After I lost Ganguly to an inside edge and sehwag and chopra to nicks to the slips I have stopped playing anything outside offstump!! With only sachin and laxman and 380 runs to score looks like my first full test match with your patch is going to be lost. But thats the whole point of the patch , to make gameplay dificult and realistic.
Will let you know what happens - who knows sachin and laxman might save the match!!

Users who are viewing this thread