AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Hey Crick4life, ive just downloaded and played with your patch and i think it is bloody awesome. The extra seam and swing gives the game a realer feel. One problem is the extra spin. With spin i normally give the deliveries very little speed so that the ball will float up to the batsman and also spin more, but now when i try to do this the ball spins so much that i pitch inline with leg stump and it will often go for a wide outside off stump :S (maybe a little less spin in next patch). But everything alse in patch is awesome, great job.

Originally posted by Adam -B-
Hey Crick4life, ive just downloaded and played with your patch and i think it is bloody awesome. The extra seam and swing gives the game a realer feel. One problem is the extra spin. With spin i normally give the deliveries very little speed so that the ball will float up to the batsman and also spin more, but now when i try to do this the ball spins so much that i pitch inline with leg stump and it will often go for a wide outside off stump :S (maybe a little less spin in next patch). But everything alse in patch is awesome, great job.

When u say that there is more swing, do u mean for the fast and med-fast bowlers or for the med bowlers only. Also, if it is for the fast bowlers, any tips on how to control the swing and seam movement?

Thanks

The AI patch4.0 was going to release in the mid of this week.Any news regarding to that,as when it will be availabe?

It ahs been relesed to staff members at the moment, infact there is version 5 out now.

I will ask ravi if i can upload it for you guys

Ok.Kindly confirm it as I am free and want to play game with better gameplay.

pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls UPLOAD THE 5th VERSION...
Bye..

Guys, there is another update to the Ver 5.0. I thought it was needed given the high scores Ragada & Squiz have posted for a test match. I am still testing but I assure you it will be worth the wait even if a day or two late. I dont really mind if Tim uploads the patch here but that wont be the final version for sure.

I don't think the patch should be worked to how good Ragada and Squiz play, obviously they're probably great players, but what about us standard players?

The reason why such high scores can be scored in test matches is because the CPU does not change its field, you can hit 10 fours in a row, and they still wont change the field.

Thats meaning the better players dont really deserve good scores ;) Guys like Ragada, Squiz are the ones who set the benchmark for hard difficulty hence the hard mode will be tweaked to challenge guys like them. As for average gamers, they can always try their hand on easy/medium which is also being tweaked by the way:) . The biggest issue with any sports game is that the game simply wont be challenging for too long. An average player like you will be an experienced gamer not too far away then again we will need new patches.

There may probably even be an AI editor sometime in the future courtesy Tom(sorry for breaking the ice) which will make AI editing fairly easy for anyone. Then you can probably further tweak to suit your style.

Good point groobz, I was playing last night(on medium not hard) and cracked 20 and 22 off consecutive overs, all though cover and extra cover, yet the CPU did not think to change its field after the 2nd or 3rd boundary. Thats using AI patch 3a.

here is the version 5 patch, i have uploaded it for some people who are playing the ODI tournie with myself:

Attachments

• cricket 2004 ai updates 5[1].0.exe
    89.9 KB · Views: 54

Users who are viewing this thread