AI patch is now ready - Need testers

There are so many runouts because the CPU was trying to score at a run rate it couldn't maintain, that is why i asked Ravi to lower it

Not really Tim, the runouts cant really be due to the pacing. Hardly anything has changed with the pacing in 50 overs. Did you have custom setup or were you using default ones. One thing you want to do is to either keep shortish mid on & shortish mid off or deepish mid off or deepish mid on. I dont encounter runouts as many due to keeping the shortish mid off and shortish mid off as well as mid wicket to pick up the ever happenning over throws. Even the run rate can be kept low by always placing a widish third man. CPU hits quite a few through this area and it really helps if you keep a widish third man. Most often than not I am able to keep the CPU checked to between 5-6 R/O by moving the cursor inside the ball at the very last moment. Edges as you said may need tweaking. What pitch were you playing on and what was the weather conditions like? Thanks for the feedback Tim.

Last edited:
if i patch it with cricket 2004 ai 3[1].0a on original gob

do i need to patch it with anything else to get the AI full up to date

No, you wont need anything apart from the one that installs on the original GOB. It must be on page 10/11 the final version I reckon.

Originally posted by barmyarmy
So AI patches and new kits aren't compatable? (unless you installed the AI patch first) That's pretty serious...

What we need is to be able to export the cfg files seperately, then re-import them into the gob after editing. That way any kit replacements installed wouldn't be affected. MultiEx allows the exporting of the files (we know where all the cfg files are), but there's a few problems in re-importing.
Tom, would you be able to knock something up that would allow the exporting/importing of the cfg files (just to add to your ever-growing 'to do' list;) ).

You can edit it directly with a hex editor (this is what I've done). This is a bit complicated and potentially ruinous for most people though.

Edit: quick thought. Ravi, if you publish the cfg file of the changes you have made, tom can import it into the gob manually.

Yeah, hex editing is the way it's currently done, but as you say Colin can be hazardous, and Ravis patches can't be installed once you've hex-edited your gob file. It would be so much easier if the individual cfg files (one day, test, pacing, stroke etc) could be imported to the gob manually.

Think we're talking at cross purposes here. The cfg files can be extracted in MultiEx, and they are more or less identical to those in c2k2. They can then be edited in any text editor, but problems occur when trying to import with MultiEx.
If an editor can be made to do this instead of MultiEx then that would do away with any hex editing, instead ppl could edit their own cfgs, or ppl like Ravi could just post up , say, the 1day_50 file for example, for others to import straight into the gob.

Originally posted by crick4life
Not really Tim, the runouts cant really be due to the pacing. Hardly anything has changed with the pacing in 50 overs. Did you have custom setup or were you using default ones. One thing you want to do is to either keep shortish mid on & shortish mid off or deepish mid off or deepish mid on. I dont encounter runouts as many due to keeping the shortish mid off and shortish mid off as well as mid wicket to pick up the ever happenning over throws. Even the run rate can be kept low by always placing a widish third man. CPU hits quite a few through this area and it really helps if you keep a widish third man. Most often than not I am able to keep the CPU checked to between 5-6 R/O by moving the cursor inside the ball at the very last moment. Edges as you said may need tweaking. What pitch were you playing on and what was the weather conditions like? Thanks for the feedback Tim.
Hi Ravi,
I finished my innings with that match and won fairly easily.
I was a bit dissapointed with the result.
I was 3/263 (Australia made 262 all out) in the 37th over.
Jayasuria made 91 and Sangakarra made 83 n.o.
I actually found it very easy to bat, i don't know why, wasn't it spose to be harder?
I was scoring at a very fast rate, all the shots were conecting well.
After 10 overs i was 1/95 and after 15 i was 1/138.
The run rate slowed down a little after that but i was still scoring at over 7 an over.
I did get a few edges though, but there were no slips in place.

As for the bowling, i was playing on a normal pitch and conditions were sunny and warm.
I was using the default fields, so does that have that run out problem?
yes i did have the widish third man in place, but where they got a lot of runs off me was for 4's and 6's over mid wicket and mid on.

Wll i am requesting that the Human batting be made harderbut if you think the run out thing isn't because of the run rate then just leave it how it is.

Thanks and if you want me to test some more just ask :cool:

Hey Ravi I just finished my innings with the new patch, ill post a match report in the Stories & Strategies section

Tim, you may be right about the batting. I am not really done with ODI yet. Just that you wanted it to test it in whatever condition its in, I sent it to you. Now I know what needs tweaking right, will tweak those up. Batting needs to be bit more harder then thats fine. Cheers guys for the feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread