AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Thanks Ravi for great work. Its highly appreciable. I will be one of the cricket fan wants to test your patch. I am dying for it. Please send me to [email protected] or [email protected]. Whenever you find comfortable you can send me. As soon as I receive your patch I will start testing it. Great work buddy. Waiting for ur email. Bye

The newer version is shaping up pretty well. I was testing a test match mode and I had couple of questions for those who have played the test matches before. I knew there were few complaints about the scoring rate. I have sorted it out and from what I can see CPU now plays pretty much every shot even early on in the inning. A wrong line or a bad length, CPU looks forward to scoring off it. I have just started a test match playing as India v/s Australia and its been really thrilling. I attacked with 3 slips and couple of gully but soon realised I will be taken apart with any bad line bowled. The score now reads 98/1 off 22 overs, I know this may be a bit too much on a normal pitch but atleast we know what to change to make the CPU aggressive. I got a wicket with a yorker which was inside edged on to the stumps by Langer and was bowled for 30(68). Hyden just brought up his 50 off 69 balls with a loafted backfoot cover drive and a hit over the mid on for two consequtive fours. Ponting left three balls to go by and square drove all along the carpet for a four between backward point and point. The shots are bisecting the fielders pretty well and when bowling it takes quite a bit to set up a wicket. Batting is now real hard, any false stroke early on will simply be suicidal. Runs scoring isnt easy but with patience and hitting the bad balls runs can be scored. I hope this isnt one off, I am excited at the prospect of some fun out of test matches. The patch still needs a little bit of tweaking like making the lower order brittle, different teams performing at different levels and a good testing. It isnt far away though.

What I want to know from ones who have played test matches are :

1. Did the CPU go over the top once it was settled say if the confidence meter was full?

2. Were there range of shots from third man to fine leg played or was it just few shots played by CPU?

3. Was it just too easy to get CPU out?

Thanks in advance. Cheers.

1. well....going over the top was there....but not much use of the advanced shots specially against spinners so that we can get him stumped.

2. ya...sadly....the same old shots....ntn new. the same shots repeated again n again.

are you guys talking about patch 3.0a? or something newer?. I installed some patch posted in this thread, is that the right one?

Great work buddy. Its highly appreciable . I am ready to test your patch. My email is [email protected] & [email protected]. I am a die hard cricket fan and loves to play cricket. I am very excited about your patch as this new version of cricket 2004 is full of bugs. Whenever you feel comfortable you can send me patch on above email. As soon as I receive your email I will start testing. Bye for now pal . Waiting for your email

We are talking about the next AI patch update and not the 3.0/3.0a.

Sorry mate cant atm. You never know it may just happen one lucky day.

Hi Ravi, is a newer patch besides 3.0a been released yet?
It sounds like it has, could you show me how to get it or post it or something, thanks and will be ready to test again

Hey thanks Ravi
ur trick worked really
i bowled aus for 102 on a hard wicket
i kept on changing the seam at the last minute and the cpu kept playing shots across the line which werent theere to hit
by the way can u send me ur newest version of AI patch at the following email

[email protected]

Thanks in advance:) !!

Tim/Mani, I am still not fully done with the patch but will surely mail you to test it. It does work well doesnt it Mani? This time around I have tried to make the CPU even cater to such bowling.

Patch doesn't work

I downloaded the patch, but when I run it I am told that the gob file is the wrong version or something like that. I don't know if it's becuase I have edited the kits in the gob file, but I really want that patch!

What checks does the program do to make sure we have the "correct" version of the gob file?

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread