AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Originally posted by crick4life
Tim, the new version of the patch I am working on will counter couple of issues you mentioned. What was the weather like when you bowled? CPU will fair better against the spinners in the new patch and batting will be a touch more aggressive. There are many gamers who arent as talented as you when it comes ot batting. I will change easy/normal/hard modes this time around to reflect the difficulty. Normal will be like it is in hard right now. Also am planning few changes for test cricket, probably will need to speak to Mike about this one.
Hi Ravi,
The weather when i bowled was sunny and warm.
This new patch sounds good, i am looking forward to a challenge! :)
I have played a bit of an innings in a test, the batting was bit too easy there too, i was 1/220 off 30 overs.
But you should go by what Mike tells you.
Oh also i was playing a ODI with Canada against Australia.
After 12 overs i am 0/91!!! :D lol

Originally posted by crick4life
Machismo, you will be all right with bowling once you have a little practice.

I think I am more than ok when bowling in 50 over matches coz cpu hardly scores 2 runs per over. I wanted to know if the patch is also made for 10 over matches, coz no matter how good the ball is it still gets hit.

Hey Ravi i played a PURA Cup match between QLD & VIC, and the first 3 wickets were runouts, is there sumthing wrong with the patch or is the game?? I really want to know coz they were 0/41 and usually there about 5/41.

Tim, Ravi, I'm afraid I won't get a lot of time to play a Test in the near future, so if you guys want to share ideas on tweaks for Tests then go ahead. My only thoughts atm re Tests are
a) to last into the 5th day more often than not
b) stronger top order than lower down, although the tail could 'wag' occassionally. If you get a wicket you should get some satisfaction rather than expectancy, especially with the top order.
c) a cpu run rate of 3ish per over (obviously this will fluctuate between 2 and 4 rpo)
d) a realistic amount of edges, dependent on the wicket/playing conditions.
e) human batting should be a test, but not impossible to score good totals at a decent rate (of course Tim will have a different idea of batting difficulty than me which is a weak point for me!).
I know all these may not be possible, but they're my initial ideas. Others of course may feel differently.

Cheers Mike for the input.

Squiz, runouts have always been there. Isnt that one of our major issue with this game? Maybe you are playing with normal mid off and normal mid on. Try going for a shortish mid on and shortish mid off, that may solve the issue.

I just use the default fields, i thought you only got stupid Run Outs wit Custom Fields. Of all the Run Outs in the innings, they could of easily made a run, its just that they run too late. It there any way to make them run earlier? Heres a screenshot of the scorecard

Attachments

• scorecard.jpg
    scorecard.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 187
But i like the shot placement in v2.0 heres Moss's Spider Graph, theres shots all around the ground.

Attachments

• spider.jpg
    spider.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 185
Yes new patch sounds cool.I personaly think that cpu AL should be strong that you not always able to win. And specialy with strong teams he play more fair.To make cpu stronger against spin bowling seems really cool.As it is better that in new patch cpu bat strongly and human batting should be more tough .For newbies or the guys who are not so good in bowling or batting firstly muster theirself with previous patches untill they feel now they are smart enough to accept the challenge.Keep it up Ravi.
I was very much busy in my exams and in few days I will be free then I will give this patch try and provide you the feedback.

I just bought Cricket 2004 3 days ago and have played medium level which is too easy but got out easily in the hard level. I saw all the patches but havent downloaded any. Please tell me which ones I should download to have a better gaming experience of C2004.

Ravi, i think that you might have to make the ball move around a little bit on hard pitches, like just for the first 20 overs. Because i was playing as Canada against Australia on a hard pitch and after about 20 overs i was 160 odd!!!
(thats the innings i got that 150 partnership with)
It was just getting ridiculous and i quit it.

I will go and get the screenshot now.
I will get the screenshot

Well it was 2/169 off 22 overs:

Attachments

• canada vs australia.jpg
    canada vs australia.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 154
Ragada, who are playing against in the above screenshot?

Update: Just saw the wickets... never mind...! :D

It is pretty hard to cater to all sort of players moderate skilled to overtly skilled. I am this time around planning to tweak easy/medium/hard levels. CPU in easy wont be entry level but will be far more competetive, normal will be hard enough and hard really hard whether bowling or batting. This way we can probably cater to all sort of gamers. I am midway through the patch and any inputs on the next patch from all with be excellent.

how do u uninstall the patch coz i installed 2.0 and then i tryed 3.0a and 3.0 and it didn't work

Dont install patch 2.0 but install the 3.0a or 3.0 on page9-page11 in the topic on the original GOB.

Users who are viewing this thread