AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Originally posted by rahulm5
patch is pretty good...but i'm playing as ind vs australia...made 226....but got smacked in bowling......wudnt it be better if the cpu biulds his innings rather than slog from ball 1...shud take singles and an occasional slog.....also i'm trying to play with manual fielding to avoid the runout bug....this makes my bowling even harder coz manual fielding is very tough in the game...specially at the boundry...u cant c where your fielder is and i always misjudge the ball!!:(

Rahul, the very idea for creating this patch was to get the CPU to pace its innings and not slog from ball one. I think pretty much everyone over here have felt it doesnt slog all the time. With my experience with this patch, I can assure you can bowl CPU out or at any point of time restrict CPU to a chasable score. It is not easy for the CPU to go for singles in the first fifteen overs, its obviously going to hit few over the top. If I am right it hits over the infield not too often, CPU most of the times scores runs with drives. As you mentioned you may have been giving away runs because you are using manual fielding. I suggest you use custom fields, the runout bug can be negotiatied if you have silly mid on, silly mid off and mid wicket in place. More than anything just a game or two wont be sufficient for you bowl very well, it will require practice. I normally do not encounter run out bug at all with the kind of custom fields I use, I can post my custom field here if you like.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Salman1k
I agree with someone who said the batting for the user should be on normal mode, the cpu pace files are ok and make bowling hard. This might be a good balance. Right now with the 3.0a patch its very difficult to put away the bad balls. I like to dispatch the leg side balls with a huge. With the patch, I am always caught out. With the current patch, its very difficult to play into the gaps even with a good batsment :)

Sorry mate but you just need more practice. You cant be slogging right away, surely I have been able to score runs consistently and at times big with these patches. Infact I feel the batting should be a little harder and boundries should be quite hard to come by. Just checking you have the latest patch right? If you have the original 3.0a patch, have you installed the batting update yet?

Ravi, i think i will try the patch today, but i would just like to know first:
What is a good score with the patch with a human player.
and what does the CPU usually make.

Dont rely on my bowling, it seems to me I am damn good at bowling that too with the big cursorsize patch. Rest assured If I make anywhere between 230-260(based on pitches) I know I'm in with a chance to win the game. I can score anywhere between 220-280 normally on different pitches. Twice I have bowled, one against SA on a hard pitch and bowled SA out for 160+ off 46 overs. The next game against SL on a normal pitch with overcast conditions I had them on 17/5 initially but bowled bloody badly to conced 214 runs off 48 overs eventually. It will seem a bit hard to start with but with a little patience we should be all right.Tim, knowing fully well your batting talent you will be asking me to make the batting hard in the near future.

Originally posted by crick4life
Dont rely on my bowling, it seems to me I am damn good at bowling that too with the big cursorsize patch. Rest assured If I make anywhere between 230-260(based on pitches) I know I'm in with a chance to win the game. I can score anywhere between 220-280 normally on different pitches. Twice I have bowled, one against SA on a hard pitch and bowled SA out for 160+ off 46 overs. The next game against SL on a normal pitch with overcast conditions I had them on 17/5 initially but bowled bloody badly to conced 214 runs off 48 overs eventually. It will seem a bit hard to start with but with a little patience we should be all right.Tim, knowing fully well your batting talent you will be asking me to make the batting hard in the near future.
Ok thanks for that mate.
Do have to install all of the patches in order or can i just go straight to the latest one?

Im currently having problems with the AI patches. 2.0 installs fine. But i cannot install either 3.0 or 3.0a. The program tells me i have an unknown version of the cricket_pc.gob file. I installed 2.0 before trying and it wont work. Any help?

Hi Ravi, i just tried the patch, well i only batted, i haven't tried it with bowling yet.
I forgot to get screenshots!!! stupid me!
Yer well anyway:
I played as Sri Lanka against Pakistan at Kandy on a Normal Pitch.
I got sent into bat by Pakistan.
I started really well, in the first 5 overs i had already reached 43 with no loss.
After the 10th over i was 1/73 i lost Kulawirthana for 25 and the next over i lost Atapattu for 1.
After the 15th over i was 2/105, Jayasuria was 47 n.o.
For the next 15 overs Pakistan slowed me down and at the 30th over i was 5/187, Jayawardene was looking good untill he was caught on the boundary.
The next 10 overs were the tightest of the innings and i lost Jayasuria for 95. At 40 overs i was 6/233.
I had a go in the last 10 overs and lost a couple of wickets but managed to get a decent score.
I finished up on 8/317.

It was a fair improvement on before, when i was making 450 odd, but just as you said, i found it too easy and would like to see the batting be a bit harder.

I did like how the ball seamed around a lot more and it seemed like it was getting a tiny bit of swing. I got trapped lbw a couple of times.

I will have a go with the bowling and i am pretty confident that i will be able to keep Pakistan to under 317. Hopefully i can remember to get screenshots this time!

c ya, and will keep you updated

hey ravi,
i tried ur patch,their seem to be no edges going towards the slips at all.

Originally posted by Radaga
Hi Ravi, i just tried the patch, well i only batted, i haven't tried it with bowling yet.
I forgot to get screenshots!!! stupid me!
Yer well anyway:
I played as Sri Lanka against Pakistan at Kandy on a Normal Pitch.
I got sent into bat by Pakistan.
I started really well, in the first 5 overs i had already reached 43 with no loss.
After the 10th over i was 1/73 i lost Kulawirthana for 25 and the next over i lost Atapattu for 1.
After the 15th over i was 2/105, Jayasuria was 47 n.o.
For the next 15 overs Pakistan slowed me down and at the 30th over i was 5/187, Jayawardene was looking good untill he was caught on the boundary.
The next 10 overs were the tightest of the innings and i lost Jayasuria for 95. At 40 overs i was 6/233.
I had a go in the last 10 overs and lost a couple of wickets but managed to get a decent score.
I finished up on 8/317.

It was a fair improvement on before, when i was making 450 odd, but just as you said, i found it too easy and would like to see the batting be a bit harder.

I did like how the ball seamed around a lot more and it seemed like it was getting a tiny bit of swing. I got trapped lbw a couple of times.

I will have a go with the bowling and i am pretty confident that i will be able to keep Pakistan to under 317. Hopefully i can remember to get screenshots this time!

c ya, and will keep you updated
Hi Ravi, i have finished this match.
I ended up bowling Pakistan out for 218 in 45 overs.
The screenshots didn't work when i pressed 'print screen'.
Would you by any chance have fraps, or whatever it is called?
Yer well with the game, the first 10 overs were very lucky for the CPU, with 7 edges going through slips!!!
The edges through slips gave them a few runs and they were 2/49 after 10 overs.
For the rest of the innings they scored at around 4 an over, but the spinners tyed them down to 3 runs an over and even at one stage 1.5 runs an over. They started to lift the rate a bit at 35 overs and they lost a lot of wickets and were eventually out in the 45th over for 218.
Muralitharan took 5/32 off 10 overs.

I think that the top order, say the first 4 or 5 should be strengthend just a tiny bit and when they bat they could maybe score a bit faster in the middle overs.
Also would you take into comsideration my score and mabe make the batting a bit harder!

Thanks, it was still alot of fun and would you also be able to get that screenshot program for me! :)

Tim, the new version of the patch I am working on will counter couple of issues you mentioned. What was the weather like when you bowled? CPU will fair better against the spinners in the new patch and batting will be a touch more aggressive. There are many gamers who arent as talented as you when it comes ot batting. I will change easy/normal/hard modes this time around to reflect the difficulty. Normal will be like it is in hard right now. Also am planning few changes for test cricket, probably will need to speak to Mike about this one.

cool.....will be waiting for the new patch!! any luck with the fields yet??

Users who are viewing this thread