AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Originally posted by Salman1k
Ravi, I have the original GOB file. Do I just replace the old GOB file, installed version 2 and then 3.0a?

lol @ Cricket 97 :)

That should work, if it doesnt let me know I can create a patch to update the original GOB with Ver 3.0a straight.

Ravi.... its still not working :( Can you please do a patch to update teh original

Here you go Salman, this should install on the original GOB file. Make sure you backup the original one first.

Attachments

• cricket 2004 ai 3.0a on original gob.exe
    85.7 KB · Views: 82
Is it possible to modify bowling speeds ??

thank u

As of now there are no shortcuts to changing the config files, it has to be done in cricket_pc.GOB file. There are many files like HARD, NORMAL, EASY difficulty for ODIS & Tests are embeded in the GOB file. The ODI pacing files like 1day50, 1day20, 1day10 can also be viewed and changed in the GOB file. You may want to look under this thread somewhere I have mentioned about Ultraedit, download this application and you can change the files to your physical taste. Some experience of modding BLC or Cricket 2002 will be good but not overtly essential.

Thank u ravi to unleash the config edit method!, i'll try out my best to tweak the game up!!!,

Attached is Ver3.0a batting update. The batting is made lot easier for top order batsman and some batsman will feel in good form right away. You will not notice the better batting form for some top order batsman via the confidence meter but you will find batting will be easy for one or two top order batsman. I have tried to increase the confidence meter to progress faster in ODIs this time around. I though that is a sensible way way of making batting easier. Let me know how you guys go with the batting update

Thank u once again for immediate tweak made!, i'll test it tonight and give my f/b tomorrow!!!

Boss :rolleyes:

hi pat!

Is it possible to modify bowling speeds ??

it may be possible!. it'll be stored in the configs!(have to find out..). But the speed modifying will affect only the CPU, not us humans!, but the swing,seam,spin may take effect on both, poor EA!. They never watch out any buglist/feedback/wishlist made by us!, keeping the same bug, fresh bug!!!:D

Boss

Its nots possible to change the speed of individual i dont think but i reckon it would be for a group of people (eg. Medium Fast or Leg spin)

hi,
Which is the best *.gob editor?(if any?), Is it possible to edit the *.gob file directly without HeX it?

BOSS

I have tried modifying the bowling speeds but not with any success so far. I know that what I am doing is correct as I can reduce the size of the bowling cursor. I'll try making different pitch types swing/seam more as well.

i finally became senior member(member since Aug'2001, i.e., from BLC era, LOL am so lazy to post ). :o . Thank u all to provide me this honour!!!.

OOPS!!!, mems and mods forgive me to post this here, coz 100 is not my lucky Number. so this is 101 ;)

BOSS

I changed the configs but I'm not sure if they worked. I had some seam movement but not the exaggerated movement I was expecting. First ball I bowled seamed about 3 foot and I thought, this looks good but sadly most of them didn't seam noticably more than usual. Same for the swing although I'm pretty much convinced now that only medium bowlers can swing the ball.

Hello Ravi and others!!!
I am back from my holiday! :cool:
Well i would like to test out these files, but first i need to play the game for a bit and get back in form!!!
Before i left in hard mode in 50 overs i was making 380-450
and i played it yesterday and got bowled out for 215! :( :p

So give me about 4 days and i should be back in form.

Also ravi, when i left the forums to go on holiday, the editors had not been made yet, so i have no idea what these .GOB editors are, so if it is not to much trouble would you be able to explain how to use the patch, as if this is my first time to the forum!

Thanks a lot :)

P.S. Also is possible to uninstall the patch by backing up files?

you have to install 3.0 before you install 3.0a or at least that is what i did, and it wroked

i installed v2.0 then v3.0a and it worked fine. But when i uninstalled it i only had to use the v3.0a version uninstaller. hmmmm

hey killa_stiky2002 i think Ravi created a patch which contains both 3.0 and 2.0 just have a look around

Users who are viewing this thread