AI patch is now ready - Need testers

hi guys instead it made one more 791 mb file
which makes the game double size:confused:

Originally posted by boss
thank u BarmyArmy for providing me the default values...

i wonder how to insert(after modifying it) back to *.gob file? (or) is it just enough/possible to copy this file to :\cricket2004\w2kserver\DataPC\configs...( i think...) to get the desired result in the game?.

Regards...

Boss :rolleyes:

I don't know what Ravi has done but I found the relevant part of the hex, copied it, made my changes and reinserted it. I believe Ravi has a better method though.

Originally posted by boss
Hi Ravi,

Great work mate!, i just test both versions(3, 3.0A), apart from batting 3a is excellent for cpu pacing and bowling(for us is well). But a batting need to be fine tuned(Normal mode batting along with hard mode bowling will be excellent) :-}.

I've one question 4 u.

How do u edit this kind of things(pacing, seam, swing...), i know they are stored in config files. Is these files are in the big *.gob file? or is in the game EXE?. I'm so keen to know these kind of stuffs to play around and tweak it for better gameplay?(coz i know a bit of hex coding too). Do u have the gameplay configs template?, pls enlighten me :rolleyes:

Again, GReAT work Mate....

Thanks in Advance

Boss

As of now there are no shortcuts to changing the config files, it has to be done in cricket_pc.GOB file. There are many files like HARD, NORMAL, EASY difficulty for ODIS & Tests are embeded in the GOB file. The ODI pacing files like 1day50, 1day20, 1day10 can also be viewed and changed in the GOB file. You may want to look under this thread somewhere I have mentioned about Ultraedit, download this application and you can change the files to your physical taste. Some experience of modding BLC or Cricket 2002 will be good but not overtly essential.

The following are the strings that can be searched in the GOB file :

1. "Limited Overs 1 Day Match 50 Overs" - Search for this string and change values under it for ODI 50 overs pacing file.

2. "Limited Overs 1 Day Match 10 Overs" - Search for this string and change values under it for ODI 10 overs pacing file.

3. "Limited Overs 1 Day Match 20 Overs" - Search for this string and change values under it for ODI 20 overs pacing file.

4. "Unlimited Overs HARD Level" - Search this string and change values under it for settings in HARD mode for Tests.

4. "Limited Overs HARD Level" - Search this string and change values under it for settings in HARD mode for ODIs.

Replace "HARD" from above to NORMAL or EASY to change settings for other modes. Good luck.

Originally posted by mani_gamer
hi guys instead it made one more 791 mb file
which makes the game double size:confused:

This cant be right Mani, the patch carries only around 86 kb and no way can it produce a new 791 MB file on its own. If you are not using the default install directory then you will need to point the install file to the directory where you have installed. Make sure you install Ver 2.0 patch on the original GOB file prior to installing Ver 3.0. Make sure to backup the original GOB file just in case.

Re: Hi Ravi I tested your AI patch Version 3

Originally posted by bumba
Hi Ravi,

Today I tested your new AI patch Version 3.0 and 3.0a, here are my comments.

Version 3.0

1. Batting & bowling by human players are way too hard. While bowling due to big cursor it is impossible to ball a good lenght which is resulting in lots of wides both by cpu and human. Batting my god is very very hard to time the shots.

Version:3.a

1. This is fairly good enough the cursor is small and cpu also donot ball many yorkers and pitch the ball on good length. The pacing in 50 & 20 overs are good , but batting again is not so good is is way too difficult I am having diifulty in hitting the ball even after positining the batsman , and even if i hit from the middle of the bat the shot just go to fielders. One thing i noticed in this version 3.0a is that now the leg byes has reduced than earlier.

Things to change in version 3.0a:

1. Ravi please make the batting in the version3.0a easier (you can make the batting easier like normal mode) also please increase the power in the normal shots like coverdrive, pull, cut, hio glance so that we could make a relaistic score of 250 to 260 in a 50 over game. As you have already implemented the CPU pacing I hope cup will Case this scrore. So please make the human batting easier like normal mode in version3.0a.

Ravi, I have a humble request , could you please make a patch from 50 & 20 overs in normal mode also as I and many others play in normal mode. Here is what i would like to see in normal mode:

1. The CPU pacing for 20 & 50 overs in normal mode.
2. batting not so hard in normal mode (For normal mode)
3. Cpu bowling good line & lenght (no too many yorkers) (This could be like AI patch 3.0A) Where Cpu bowls perfectly.
4. Correct power to each shots.
5. small bowling cursor like

Ravi I hope you will certainly make this patch. Waiting for your reply.

bye,
babai

:) :) :)

Again I stress here that the CPU pacing files hold good for all modes irrespective of HARD, NORMAL or EASY. IMO NORMAL and EASY mode should be left on its own. I really think batting and bowling is at its easiest in NORMAL mode. You can always enjoy scoring heaps of runs or bowl CPU out cheaply in NORMAL mode even without any changes. Stroke files also hold good for all modes hence will not need any changes. I am still not sure what other changes anyone needs for NORMAL difficulty as I don?t play in NORMAL difficulty. We can certainly look at it once we are through with the HARD difficulty changes.

You guys think CPU bowls less yorkers and bouncers even with Ver 3.0a. I think its quite unanimous opinion the batting is hard this time around. The reason I tightened the batting a bit was to cover for bad balls CPU may bowl. I was consistently scoring 5-6 RPO on any sort of pitch with CPU bowling bad balls quite consistently. I didn?t test the Ver 3.0a and probably CPU bowls tight line hence the batting seems quite hard. I will fix this and upload a new patch for this one. Thanks for your feedback guys.

Hi Guys,

I'm having the same problem. I haven't installed any of the earlier patches, and I'm trying to install the Patch 3a and it's saying that it couldn't install the patch due to an unknown version. Any idea why this is?

Kay

Last edited:
Ok guys. Fustrated not been able to install the patch, I installed a fresh copy of the game on my HD and tried installing the patch. I get the same error as before. Any help on this is greatly appriciated.

Kay

Originally posted by djkay
Ok guys. Fustrated not been able to install the patch, I installed a fresh copy of the game on my HD and tried installing the patch. I get the same error as before. Any help on this is greatly appriciated.

Kay

You will need to install Ver 2.0 first up and then install Ver 3.0a over it. That should solve your problem, any issues let me know.

Yes I agree that normal mode in this game behaves like easy mode and batting is very much easy so there should be a noticeble difference in batting in normal and hard mode.

In normal,we can start slogging anytime and runs are easy to find but in hard first we need to raise the batsman confidence meter so we will have to depend to singals and after when batsman is well setteled, then big hitting will be easier .So all this enhances the gameplay and gives really challange.As I beleive that roling shots should be bit easy as compare to slogging shots in hard mode particularly.

Attached is Ver3.0a batting update. The batting is made lot easier for top order batsman and some batsman will feel in good form right away. You will not notice the better batting form for some top order batsman via the confidence meter but you will find batting will be easy for one or two top order batsman. I have tried to increase the confidence meter to progress faster in ODIs this time around. I though that is a sensible way way of making batting easier. Let me know how you guys go with the batting update. Again Ver3.0a batting update will only work if you have installed Ver3.0a. Ver3.0 batting update will only work if you have installed ver3.0.

Once I have some feedback on this patch probably I will consolidate all the changes into one file and will get Ste to make this patch available in the main site. Please post some feedback if you have tried these patches, it will help make the game better for others.

Attachments

• cricket 2004 ai 3.0a batting update.exe
    79.3 KB · Views: 68
Ver 3.0 batting update. Pretty much the same changes as in Ver 3.0a batting update but the cursor size is big.

Attachments

• cricket 2004 ai 3.0 batting update.exe
    79.3 KB · Views: 32
problems

Ravi I downloaded the 3.0a update and it wont install. Look at the error I get.

I had version 2 installed and as your instructions told us to install the 3.0a patch over version 2. I did that and still get the error down below. I even used reversal patch for version 2, reinstalled version 2 and tried the 3.0a update yet I still get this error.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 178
Originally posted by jonah
Ravi, great work as always with your patch. The cpu pacing for 50 overs (that's all I play) is excellent (the Aussies made 270/6 in a game I recently played on a hard wicket. I flopped to 210 all out - some things never change!)
I have a question re the large cursor; do you find the cpu bowls too many wides with this, or is it just my imagination?

Mike, install the Ver 3.0 and the batting update 3.0 when youre online. We might have finally got the combinations right. The byes arent too many from the CPU its 9 (5 from a single spinner). I am playing as England vs Saffies and am on 189/3 off 35 overs. I got my first hundred with Vaughan going strong on 110*(98). I have so far blasted 3 sixes all from Vaughan after having settled down a little. This is truly enjoyable and if you are finding bowling a little harder with Ver 3.0 then change the MinCursorsize to 0.05. Make sure you bat with Ver 3.0 installed, its very enjoyable.

Re: problems

Originally posted by Salman1k
Ravi I downloaded the 3.0a update and it wont install. Look at the error I get.

I had version 2 installed and as your instructions told us to install the 3.0a patch over version 2. I did that and still get the error down below. I even used reversal patch for version 2, reinstalled version 2 and tried the 3.0a update yet I still get this error.

Salman, do you have the original GOB backed up somewhere. If you do then I will release a patch to update the original GOB file straight with Ver 3.0a, let me know.

P.S : Cricket'97 was good for those old times and I second your thought it wasnt great but was good.:)

Ravi, I have the original GOB file. Do I just replace the old GOB file, installed version 2 and then 3.0a?

lol @ Cricket 97 :)

Users who are viewing this thread