AI patch is now ready - Need testers

it says more swing and seam, is that just for the AI or do u the player get more swing and seam as well?

Please download the reversal patch from below just in case you may need to reverse the patch.

Attachments

• cricket 2004 ai patch reversal 2.0.exe
    85 KB · Views: 102
hi....i was just wondering....for my general information.

if the patch is applied on an edited .GOB file or if the patch is not compatailable with the .GOB file.....will it give some sort of error message or is it that we will not see any changes in the gameplay?

Originally posted by squiz
it says more swing and seam, is that just for the AI or do u the player get more swing and seam as well?

The seam and swing should work for both. Although the ball wont seam as much in ODI as compared to Tests and you will have no control over the seam as to which way it will seam from what Ive seen.

Originally posted by tutsipoppy2
hi....i was just wondering....for my general information.

if the patch is applied on an edited .GOB file or if the patch is not compatailable with the .GOB file.....will it give some sort of error message or is it that we will not see any changes in the gameplay?

It will error out and will not update the .GOB file at all. I hope this answers your question.

These are just early days maybe we can get over the yorkers and bouncers with some other trick. Just bear in mind this is the first attempt being made on this issue, with a little more tweaking we may come up with something which is acceptable. I am aware that the batting might be a little easy and may require few changes.

My bowlers are being hit all over the park :( with the patch. Batting is a joy though :D

The patch will unfortunately have to wait another day guys. The bloody monitor is stuffed I think, just when I wanted to release the patch the monitor went blank. I am now restrained to lap top and will be curious to know if I can use my laptop just as a monitor. If anyone knows a work around let me know. The monitor is a 21" beast and I need to take my monitor to the vendor. I still have another year of warranty left I think. Anyways sorry guys unless I can hookup my laptop as a monitor I cannot see the patch happenning today.

Here we go guys the latest patch with the following updates :

1. Patch Version 3.0 will have the big bowling cursor which ensures bowling will be hard both in Tests and ODIs. This applies only to HARD mode. The number of yorkers and bouncers bowled by CPU will be far less in ODIs.

2. The ODI 20 overs has been updated to get the CPU post realistic scores(say around 130-180 based on pitch types).

3. To apply this patch you will need to have installed Ver 2.0 patch on the original GOB file.

4. The batting is a made little harder from Ver 2.0 but still you should be able to chase/post CPU like totals. If the batting is a bit too easy or hard please post the feedback here.

Attachments

• cricket 2004 ai updates 3.0.exe
    79.7 KB · Views: 67
Attached is the Ver 3.0a patch. The only difference between 3.0 and 3.0a is that the bowling cursor in 3.0a is as in original GOB file meaning it will be easy to bowl where you want. The bowling cursor will be small and the speed of the cursor will probably be less too. The yorkers and bouncers will be more as compared to Ver 3.0 patch. To use this patch you will need to have applied patch 2.0 otherwise neither ver 3.0 not ver 3.0a will install.

Attachments

• cricket 2004 ai updates 3.0a.exe
    79.7 KB · Views: 95
Ver 3.0 patch reversal attached. This will undo all the changes done by Ver 3.0 to the GOB file and will get te GOB file to its original state(EA supplied) just in case you dont need this patch.

Attachments

• cricket 2004 ai patch reversal 3.0.exe
    85.1 KB · Views: 50
Ver 3.0a patch reversal attached. This will undo all the changes done by Ver 3.0a to the GOB file and will get te GOB file to its original state(EA supplied) just in case you dont need this patch.

Attachments

• cricket 2004 ai patch reversal 3.0a.exe
    85.1 KB · Views: 66

Users who are viewing this thread