AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply and I hope you can streamline many issues in regrading to gameplay .Overall,it seems to me that little bit tweaking is only enough to make human batting bit easy so challenge should be there otherwise situation will not be so interesting.Moreover,can you improve the cpu fast bowlers speed more like Shoiab and Bret lee sometimes bowls around 160+?

Looking forward to your next patch.

then other fast bowlers that a realli fast-medium in real life...(bond, brad williams, gough) will be bowling 160 too

and we all know they are fast but not that fast

While I like the increased swing, the seam still seems to be insufficient. Even on a green wicket, an off-cutter which pitches outside off stump finishes around middle stump, when it really should go outside off.

Whiteninness,you are right that by altering the speed other fast bowlers can also get same level of speed which is not real.But I hope that after the invention of any good player editor it would be possible to alter specific bowlers.

Other issue is that leg side shot need to rectified as it seems to me bit easy while battig.What you guys think?

The leg side shots are tweaked to play easily knowingly. I reckon anything on the leg should normally yield a shot and possibly runs.

I might want to hold this patch a bit as I am currently tweaking the CPU bowling too many yorkers in ODI. I am seeing some results in this area and atleast 10 overs have gone through with probably 2 yorkers from CPU. One reason I have been put off every time I intend to play a ODI was for this yorker issue. I hate to be playing sweep/defend a yorker and run an easy single. Without too many yorkers the batting is more fun and the CPU bowls bad balls every now then so I dont mind putting my head down for a while and wait for the bad ball to score runs off.

In tests I think it will be best if we can make bowling harder i.e to make it harder for us to be able to bowl in the so called corridor of uncertainity. This way we will only be able to produce a wicket taking ball not too often unless we are playing on a green surface.

As regards to increase in seam, it will aid to quite a few wide balls both by us and CPU on green and damp pitches. Really need to find out what kind of difference more seam may do.

Again Cricket 2004 is like C2K2 with regards to bowler's speed. You can increase or decrease CPU bowling speeds but the same cannot be done for Humans.It is best to leave it as it is.

There are around 92 shots with no detail on which one is what shot and the shots can only be judged by direction/length. It will take a long while to figure out which one is advance off-drive shot and will not touch this one this time.

Last edited:
sometimes ppl click the post button twice its an honest mistake

but anyway i'd luv the patch too

this new one will have 10/20/45/50 over pacing?

and increased seam/swing/spin and test match AI tweaking?

also who is making it

thnx

That's great news Ravi that you're making some progress on the cpu bowling yorkers issue. I feel just like you that, just like in c2k2, there are far too many. If these can be reduced at all it will make for a better batting experience for sure.
Looking forward to the next version of your patch.

Originally posted by jonah
That's great news Ravi that you're making some progress on the cpu bowling yorkers issue. I feel just like you that, just like in c2k2, there are far too many. If these can be reduced at all it will make for a better batting experience for sure.
Looking forward to the next version of your patch.

Cheers Mike and if I can trust my eyes the yorkers have certainly lessened. I will need to test more to fully confirm it is bowling less yorkers and there are no ill effects when this is tweaked.

Originally posted by beej
can i plz test out the patch as well as im looking for any improvements to my cricket 2004 my email is [email protected]

I will be uploading the patch here in this topic, you are free to download it from here.

Good to see you're peogressing well with the patch, Ravi. :)

Users who are viewing this thread