AI patch is now ready - Need testers

Originally posted by tutsipoppy2
hi there...just tested the patch.

i was playing a pura cup match between N.S.W and Tasmania. i was in the middle of my last inning when i applied the patch and continued with the game......wow...it sure made batting easy. good work on the strokes i must say. we need more time to play and test the patch. we'll keep sending our reviews.

**one thing i noticed.....the fields keep diving all around even though the ball is miles away from them. and also when the ball is suire to reach the boundary the chasing fielder seems to run somewhere else in some other direction.

well if this could be fixed.....i'll surely make the game perfect.

Thanks guys for your valuable feedback. I think the batting should be made a little more easy in ODI to unleash and enjoy all the strokes possible. With the original game I reckon even the crap spin bowlers seem to do well on hard pitches because of the high spin value which may need change.

I have an updated version of the patch with us being able to play shots all around but not always able to hit through the gaps which balances the scores pretty well. I will have probably will upload that later in the day. I am starting to enjoy my batting more with the changes for sure.

Bumba, its certainly annoying the number of yorkers CPU bowls but unfortunately this is like in C2K2 where no fix was found. Hmmm.. not sure about leg byes though, are you saying the ball hits the pads and hits the ropes quite consistently for 4s?

The fielders diving when ball is nowhere around them, fielders running in the direction where ball isnt heading is all part of stuff ups from EA which unfortunately cannot be fixed I suppose unless EA comes up with a patch for the animation alone.

A patch from EA would be a welcome (and a surprise) release. The line-ups bug and the run out bug would be must fixes. Fewer yorkers would be great too, but I seem to remember Andrew saying that he didn't feel there were too many yorkers in c2k2, so I'm not surprised the cpu often still bowls 2/3 an over in c2k4.

Originally posted by crick4life
Any volunteers for the AI patch?

The possible list of changes are :

1. More swing, seam for Test cricket. Now you can see some balls seaming and flying past the bat as in real life.

2. ODI CPU batting update : No more crash, bang, wallop style of cricket from CPU in 50 overs ODI matches. The CPU will pace the inning quite well; will not try and heave every other ball.

3. Less number of edges, the edges now at times carry and at times not. No more easy catches to the Wicket Keeper alone, the edges may fly anywhere in the slips region and taking off any close fielders may prove costly.

Plenty more changes like Direction of shots, variety of direction for a shot et al. This may not be the final version of the patch but is a heads up to what may come in future.

We are needing testers for this patch who have time for providing feedbacks on the patch and are quite versed with Cricket 2004 on hard mode.

Cheers.

Add to this also may be field changes after having consulted with Phil, so its all going good for now guys. :cool:

Thanks,Ravi for uploading your patch which seems to me nice.As you said that in this patch cpu will pace it,s innings more inteligently that is good sign and right way to work on.In part of batting not much changes are needed only we need to slghtly made it easier .

As you mentioned that now bowl will really swing sometimes mammothly so will cpu swing the bowl more or it will be for both.Actually we need some different types of patches,for instance cpu plays more aggressively and score with runrate of 6 or 5 respectively so it,s suits the all the gamers.Like 10 and 20 over patches as well.

You mentioned before that by adjusting the stroke speed and directions ,runout issue has been solved .Is it not so?

Your efforts are really appreciable and keep it up.

about the yorkers thing, I have noticed that there are more in ODIs than in tests.

The patch does make batting easier, but I'll be damned if I can pull off a six shot... I get caught out nearly every time, but its probably just poor shot selection/ timing

Ravi,your patch is looking nice and Cricket2004 is looking more enjoyable with it.You were intending to release new update of AL patch.Are you working on it?Have a good time and happy new year.

happy new year all firstly

guy sebastien ripped off secondly by some norwegan dude

thirdly,

plz i know your current patch only supports 50 over ODIs for pacing

could u plz make it for 10/20 over matches too coz i wann go on some tours

and 45 overs aswell for 1 of those english county thingys

and if its possible plz make 1 for tests so u can make the opposition more aggresive and better coz they were all out for 36 on hard and in the first innings when they were all out for 130 they were very defensive and only scored bout 5 fours

also i think the batting confidence meter is very good but when u play a 10 over match and dont have much time if any to 'get your eye in' i always go out coz i cant smack it over the infield at the start :(

anyway a patch to make batting easier and also make AI smarter and mroe aggresive in tests, and pace themselves better in 50/20/10 and 45 over matches

just like they currently do in ya 50 over patch

Btw that norweigan guy was Kurt Nielson.

Dubbed by the Australian judge:"Sings like a angel but looks like a hobbit."

lol he had to destory the ring AND sing lol

yes i would luv it

basically pacing for 10/20 and 45 overs would be good

I will look forward to doing an update for 10/20/45 overs over the weekend.

CPU batting in Tests can be improved as well as making it a bit more aggressive but this won?t happen in one go. Plenty of testing will need to go through and it probably won?t be perfect the best first time around.

I suppose you are referring to playing in HARD mode. It is just not easy to make batting way too easy for 10/20 overs as compared to 45/50 overs. The batting can be made easy enough to go over the top in general for ODIs.

The changes don?t really look too huge although all of it will not be right on the money the first time around. Look forward to updating the patch sometime during the weekend, hopefully I should be able to destroy the ring in the Mordor by then.;)

lolz

actually i take back the hard batting in 10/20 over games coz i guess i was just a n00b and now i actually won a game :P wow

but the cpu needs to pace itself coz it scores bout 150 in 10 overs

i find it hard to emulate that normally

also tests plz CPU mroe aggresive and better batting alround

hi crick4life...one thing that needs to be fixed is the shot file.

the advanced off-drive shot (e.g for R/H batsman - down arrow+left arrow+advanced shot button)

9 out of 10 times the balls goes over and between the gully. i think the height should be reduced and some tweak in the direction so that the ball ges to the gully.

Users who are viewing this thread