AI patch is now ready - Need testers

cricket 2004 AI patch

Ravi, after playing with your patch for quite a while i noticed few things which i would like to bring to your notice.

1. the leg byes happens in odi and tests only when cpu bowls a very shot pitch delivery and we play a false shot , this noranlly happens more when we are palying on a hard & fast wicket.
I beleive if we adjust the cpu ball length in hard wickets so that they donot bowl too much short balls, then i thing the leg byes bugs could be fixed. also i have noticed that we we use the batsman leave button then the byes are reduced.

2. There is another bug which many have not noticed so far, this is when say i play a word cup match then in a 50 over match if i play in a stadium having floodlights then both the sessions are in day , i am unable to play a world cup match as a Day & night match. check youself and tell me if this is true or not, can you rectify this.

3. I would love to see a 20 over patch from you as I hate playing 20 over match in anymode as there are too many sixes and fours in the match. not real, please make a patch for 20 overs odi as well.

babai

Hello Ravi and hello everyone!
I have been away from the forums for 3 weeks because i am away fom my own house but i came and had a lok today and gees! Where did all this stuff come from?
its good to see you can edit some stuff! :)

I would love to test out your files, but i will not be back at my house untill the 14th, so untill then i will have to wait :(

But first i have a few questions, firstly for Ravi:
With this patch, whats it about?
does it effect one-dayers and tests?
and is it easy to install and uninstall without having to copy and paste a heap of files?

These questions are for anyone who can answer them:
Has anyone been able to edit the default CPU line-ups?
can you edit teams?
fields?
or kits?

and also if there is an editor that alows you to edit the files can someon please direct me to it!

Will be back and ready for testing on the 14th, see you all then!

i got a patch that does have pacing files for 10 and 20 over games i think and im sure it was from ravi

but theres another dude making a big one now also

Originally posted by whiteninness
i got a patch that does have pacing files for 10 and 20 over games i think and im sure it was from ravi

but theres another dude making a big one now also

It wasnt from me for sure. I am just now trying to build the updated patch and should be available shortly.

Beej and all others who have shown interest in the patch, am not sure I mentioned this before but the patch will be uploaded here in this topic. You will not need to list your emails here and you may download if you wish when its uploaded here.

Last edited:
Hiya Tim, nice to see you back again. Take your time mate, the patch again will not be the best first time around. It will take a bit of tweaking I suppose to get it to perfection.

With this patch, whats it about?

This is an update to the previous AI patch that was done by me. You will not need to have installed the previous patch to install this one but this patch will only install on the original cricket_pc.gob file in the data directory. This time around there are several changes as requested by fellow forummers :

1. More seam & swing in both tests and ODIs for fast bowlers.
2. CPU pacing for 10, 20, 45 & 50 overs.
3. Probably less number of yorkers if you download the yorker patch one.
4. CPU batting made more stronger in Tests and also lot more aggressive in tests.
5. Bowling made hard in both ODIs and Tests. It will not be very easy to bowl every other time on that good length outside off and wicket taking will be quite hard.

does it effect one-dayers and tests?

It affects both ODIs and Tests.

and is it easy to install and uninstall without having to copy and paste a heap of files?

The installation is one time and with few mouse clicks. The time taken for installation will be anywhere around 5 minutes.

Has anyone been able to edit the default CPU line-ups?
can you edit teams?
fields?
or kits?

Not much progress has been made on the above and am not aware of any patch that does any of those.

Meanwhile you have a good one, will catch up with you when youre back.

Last edited:
Re: cricket 2004 AI patch

Originally posted by bumba
Ravi, after playing with your patch for quite a while i noticed few things which i would like to bring to your notice.

1. the leg byes happens in odi and tests only when cpu bowls a very shot pitch delivery and we play a false shot , this noranlly happens more when we are palying on a hard & fast wicket.
I beleive if we adjust the cpu ball length in hard wickets so that they donot bowl too much short balls, then i thing the leg byes bugs could be fixed. also i have noticed that we we use the batsman leave button then the byes are reduced.

2. There is another bug which many have not noticed so far, this is when say i play a word cup match then in a 50 over match if i play in a stadium having floodlights then both the sessions are in day , i am unable to play a world cup match as a Day & night match. check youself and tell me if this is true or not, can you rectify this.

3. I would love to see a 20 over patch from you as I hate playing 20 over match in anymode as there are too many sixes and fours in the match. not real, please make a patch for 20 overs odi as well.

babai

Thanks for your feedback and here are my thoughts about your comments.

1. Although I dont rule out trying out reducing bounce on hard and dusty pitches, as of now it is not implemented in the patch. This can definately be looked at the next time around.

2. Rectifying this is not possible as it will need quite a bit of code change although I think I have played in a game or two when the lights were on and there were four shadows.

3. 20 overs patch is being drafted in this update and although I havent tested it at all. You guys will need to let me know how the CPU paces its inning and we can change it furter where needed.

when is the patch comming out?

Originally posted by tutsipoppy2
hi crick4life...one thing that needs to be fixed is the shot file.

the advanced off-drive shot (e.g for R/H batsman - down arrow+left arrow+advanced shot button)

9 out of 10 times the balls goes over and between the gully. i think the height should be reduced and some tweak in the direction so that the ball ges to the gully.

hi ravi.....glad u have finished the patch...i think.
so when is the patch comming out?

and by the way....did u consider my problem which is quotes above.

Here we go guys, download below the updated patch.
The updated patch deals with the following:

1. More seam & swing in both tests and ODIs for fast bowlers.

2. CPU pacing for 10, 20, 45 & 50 overs.

3. Probably less number of yorkers if you download this patch. The bowling might be a bit harder with the cursor size being big, it may result in quite a few wides till you get used to this. This is an integral part of the yorker patch and we will have to live with this. I can?t trust just my batting but I feel CPU bowls quite a few bad balls to put away this time around. It is also my feeling that the yorkers are a lot less compared to the original game, you guys might want to confirm this to me though.

4. CPU batting made stronger in Tests and also lot more aggressive in tests.

5. Bowling made hard in both ODIs and Tests. It will not be very easy to bowl every other time on that good length outside off and wicket taking will be quite hard. The cursor size is made bigger to ensure we will not be able to bowl good deliveries every other ball unless we can get the cursor bang on between the middle stump and outside off. With this change the ball will need to be pitched further up to get proper line.

Make sure you backup a copy of cricket_pc.gob file before running this install. You will need original cricket_pc.gob file to apply this patch. Please ensure you have the original cricket_pc.gob file in the c:\Program files\EA sports\cricket 2004\data directory and run this install. If you have installed my previous patch then undo the changes using the ?Cricket 2004 AI patch reversal.exe? somewhere in the previous posts. You can only run this patch against the original cricket_pc.gob and if you have done any changes to the cricket_pc.gob file then this install will not work.

Also attached is the ?Cricket 2004 AI patch reversal 2.0.exe? which can be run if you are not happy with the patch.

Any feedback you are welcome to post here in this topic.

Attachments

• cricket 2004 ai patch 2.0.exe
    85.7 KB · Views: 146
Re: when is the patch comming out?

Originally posted by tutsipoppy2
hi ravi.....glad u have finished the patch...i think.
so when is the patch comming out?

and by the way....did u consider my problem which is quotes above.

Tutsi, there are around 92 shots with no detail on which one is what shot and the shots can only be judged by direction/length. It will take a long while to figure out which one is advance off-drive shot and will not touch this one this time.

Users who are viewing this thread