AI tweaking thread - Figured out how to reduce confidence and reduce smashing

lets face it guys, who ever did play testing of this game including our guys needs to think about how to test a game, i tryed every possible thing over the weekend using Colins skill editor and Assis's international patch. and got to tell you THE GAME SUCKS, and some of us still thinks codis care to give us a patch... well deam on !!!

The guys that Tested actually played against each other so they had no idea about all the AI problems. This game isn't bad if you are playing against someone.

The guys that Tested actually played against each other so they had no idea about all the AI problems. This game isn't bad if you are playing against someone.

If thats true they should be informed part of their job is to test the AI, not just sit around playing with themselves.:sarcasm

Thanks to collins editor and Aussie no 1 roster this what i came up with when i tinkered user.dat file with colins editor.

What i have done is to just increase the judgement,placement and speed at full level and then decrease the rest of the batting skillls to 0 for the AI Team (Eng) in this instance.

what I find is that AI defends lots more and not only that i could still bowl on light green or green areas with AI playing defensive shot as wells as lots of play and misses....

I did get once occurence of lofted shot played by AI when i dug one short of length.

With this setting i managed to get 2 bowled at this stage with AI dragging it back on the stumps while playing extravagant drive outside off like typical cricket (G.Kirsten way!!! )

While with the AI bowlers i have given them big boost for swing,speed and accuracy with the hope that they would bowl well, but it has not effected the AI in anyway as i still scored well.

I am playing Aus(me) vs Eng(A.I)

Aus -375 AllOUT (1st Inngs)
Eng -50/2(1st inngs) (13overs bowled btw)

Last edited:
I did try lowering the timing and strength (not to zero) and increased the rest to appropriate points.. IMO the highest rating for the best batsman should be 70 even though I haven't yet assigned it to anyone.. I don't understand that if you assign each batsman same skills other than timing and strength, then they will be all clones and one won't find a difference bowling to Ponting and Harbajhan Singh..

I did get mixed results.. I can verify that they play defensibly but I happen to get more runouts and bowleds.. I might have got it wrong and will still play around with settings.. It might be the severe overcast conditions..

I bowled out NZL for 114 in 30 overs with first 5 all runouts. They started well and were 60/1 in 15 overs. I got 4 bowled out wickets out of the rest. They did go to the slog mode but didn't slog everything. It was like they wanted me to change my field or something.

Anyways, I was also struggling thanks to lowering my timings and strength. I was 172/9 in 28 overs with Misbah Ul Haq at 82 not out. If it wasn't for Vettori, who AI brought from the 4th over, an excellent decision.

By the way, I didn't try to exploit the game and played everything on merit.

Last edited:
We have discovered that improving the fielding abilities of your players reduces run outs, bur how about trying to fix the Test Match pacing.

They go slow at the start, then about 2 down they start slogging. but when they hit 6 down and Broad comes out the batsman down the other end slows back down. Is this because they are 6 down or because a lower skilled batsman has come to the crease?

I want to know whether anyone has the time to test whether
-lowering AI batting stats
-raising AI batting stats
-lowering your bowing stats
-raising your bowing stats
-lowering your bowing speeds
-raising your bowing speeds

fixes the pacing issue

If a batsman is fearless they will smash the ball, so if the batsman is fearless bowl half volleys wide out side offstump. So it is nearly wide and the marker is dark green. you don't even have to execute it well either. The bastman will play a back foot shot and miss the ball. The more they miss it the worst their confidence gets and after about 30 balls they are down to timid and should start playing realistically.

I haven't tried if reducing them to just hesitant worked, i just went all the way to timid, but hesitant may work too.

That thread title made it sound like you had figured it out! :sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread