Al patch improved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
200+ is still unrealistic for 20 over games

50 overs is great aint tried a 10 or test though

the cpu bowling is great, lot less yorkers

its only the 20 over pacing im conncerned about now

Thanks for all the feedback. This confirms it?s not just me who feel the yorkers and bouncers are a lot less in V 2.0 then. I for one love to play with a bigger cursor if not as big as it is now and also the moment 2 yorkers an over is back I start losing interest in the game. I will probably look forward to reducing the size of cursor by a bit to keep the bowling a bit hard both in tests and ODIs. I will fix the 20 overs CPU pacing right away and if anything comes up in future we can fix intermittently.

For those who don?t like the idea of using big cursor and aren?t very good bowlers, I will release a patch with normal cursor size with changes to 20 overs CPU pacing files. The downside will be loads of bouncers and yorkers in the ODIs which you will have to live with. I am also guessing batting will now become quite hard with CPU not bowling too many bad balls. We shall see how it goes from here on.

I will name the patches to ver 3.0 and ver 3.0a this time around. Owing to limitations with the patching software one of this can only be applied and only if veer 2.0 has been in installed in the first place. If there are any other comment before I start changing the current patch, please let me know. It will probably take an hour or two to produce one.

Last edited:
so i have to uninstall ver2 then install ver 3?

or do i have to keep ver 2 installed

i uninstalled ver 1 before installing ver2 also btw

Originally posted by whiteninness
so i have to uninstall ver2 then install ver 3?

or do i have to keep ver 2 installed

i uninstalled ver 1 before installing ver2 also btw

This time around you will not need to uninstall Ver2, you can just update it with Ver3. How does that sound?

will it bugger up if i uninstall Ver2 then install ver3 just for curiositys sake

As far as I can understand,this will only change some figures relating to cpu pacing file in 20 overs and cursor size so I think you should keep the version 2.0 intact to keep every thing fine.

I hope on the basis of these patches some exciting work will evolve eventually as we know these are the early days of Cricket 2004.Keep it up Ravi.

yep i am eager to start some 20 over ODI tours/series but i cant when opposition score 200+ off me :(

ravi please tell !

Hi Ravi ,

Could you please let me know if you AI patch version3.0 will be for medium difficulty medium 20 overs or only for hard mode as I normally play in medium difficult mode.

babai

Originally posted by Hero
As far as I can understand,this will only change some figures relating to cpu pacing file in 20 overs and cursor size so I think you should keep the version 2.0 intact to keep every thing fine.

I hope on the basis of these patches some exciting work will evolve eventually as we know these are the early days of Cricket 2004.Keep it up Ravi.

Cheers Hero for the help, please ensure you will have Ver 2 installed to use Ver 3.

Re: ravi please tell !

Originally posted by bumba
Hi Ravi ,

Could you please let me know if you AI patch version3.0 will be for medium difficulty medium 20 overs or only for hard mode as I normally play in medium difficult mode.

babai

The CPU pacing pretty much holds good for all modes. Any other updates will not be for medium or easy level. I suggest you try batting in hard with this patch, it will not be too hard. You should be able to score some runs with good batters. Please refrain from posting any comment in this topic guys. Any comments on the AI patch please post in "AI patch now ready...." topic. Please check for the Ver3 and ver3a(small bowling cursor) patch in the "AI patch now ready ....." topic in another few minutes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread