All Time India Test XI Draft (Shravi)

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Similar to the NZ one. Every person drafts a person to 'build' the best Indian team.

The Peeps -

Cricketman
Shravi
Zorax Doom
Leggie

Order List:

Pick:1.1----Cricketman
Pick:1.2----Shravi
Pick:1.3----Zorax
Pick:1.4----Leggie

Round 2

Pick:2.1----Cricketman
Pick:2.2----Leggie
Pick:2.3----Zorax
Pick:2.4----Shravi

Round 3

Pick:3.1----Zorax
Pick:3.2----Leggie
Pick:3.3----Shravi
Pick:3.4----Cricketman

Round 4

Pick:4.1----Shravi
Pick:4.2----Cricketman
Pick:4.3----Leggie
Pick:4.4----Zorax

Round 5

Pick:5.1----Zorax
Pick:5.2----Shravi
Pick:5.3----Leggie
Pick:5.4----Cricketman

Round 6

Pick:6.1----Shravi
Pick:6.2----Leggie
Pick:6.3----Cricketman
Pick:6.4----Zorax

Round 7

Pick:7.1----Zorax
Pick:7.2----Shravi
Pick:7.3----Cricketman
Pick:7.4----Leggie

Round 8

Pick:8.1----Cricketman
Pick:8.2----Leggie
Pick:8.3----Shravi
Pick:8.4----Zorax

Round 9

Pick:9.1----Shravi
Pick:9.2----Leggie
Pick:9.3----Zorax
Pick:9.4----Cricketman

Round 10

Pick:10.1----Zorax
Pick:10.2----Shravi
Pick:10.3----Cricketman
Pick:10.4----Leggie

Round 11

Pick:11.1----Leggie
Pick:11.2----Zorax
Pick:11.3----Shravi
Pick:11.4----Cricketman

(Generated from Net-Commish.com)

Rules
Pick only when its your turn.
Post a picture of the player and why you chose him when you make your picks. This way, people can see your thought process as you build your team, and it spurs more discussion and adds weight to your selections.
Try to let the next person know when it's their turn.

At the end of this we'll have a poll to see which team is the best. ;)

Drafted players (I'll try to update this as much as I can, might get outdated a bit though)
Sachin Tendulkar (Cricketman)

Last edited:

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Rohit, before we start, could you just briefly explain the concept of this thing as I'm a bit new to it.

Brook

Club Captain
Maybe you should have one thread for the drafting and another for discussion, the New Zealand one's a bit of a mess. Also this might be a bit easier than the NZ one lol.

Last edited:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Rohit, before we start, could you just briefly explain the concept of this thing as I'm a bit new to it.

Sure thing, Legster.

Suppose that this is the picking order in the draft:

Shravi
Cricketman
Leggie
ZD
(the list will be completely random to ensure that this thing is fair)

Shravi gets the first pick and chooses any Indian cricketer to be part of his XI.

Say he picked Dinesh Karthik (:D). He'd post a small picture of Dinesh Karthik, a small writeup about the player and why he chose him, and place him in the team, like so:

7. Dinesh Karthik (WK)

Then, it would be my turn, and I'd pick someone like Tendulkar and do the same. Hope you understand.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Cool, I get it. So we do this 4 times?

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Maybe you should have one thread for the drafting and another for discussion, the New Zealand one's a bit of a mess. Also this might be a bit easier than the NZ one lol.

We don't want to clutter up the entire forum. I think it's best to keep it all in one single thread. Thanks for the suggestion though, and I hope you follow the draft. It's sure to be an interesting one! :)

Cricketman added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Cool, I get it. So we do this 4 times?

Each person eventually ends up picking 11 players, so 11 times per person.

Cricketman added 1 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Here's a good example of what we're doing - http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/cricket-discussion/all-time-new-zealand-test-draft-58741.html.

Brook

Club Captain
We don't want to clutter up the entire forum. I think it's best to keep it all in one single thread. Thanks for the suggestion though, and I hope you follow the draft. It's sure to be an interesting one! :)

Cricketman added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Each person eventually ends up picking 11 players, so 11 times per person.

Yeah that's fair enough, this'll probably be my last post on this thread, don't want to clutter it after my suggestion. One question though: are you going to reverse the order each time, or randomise it, or anything? Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Nah, keep the posts coming man. We want to hear all the input you have on all the picks and such. :p

I'm still deciding how the order is going to work, I think reversing/randomizing it is a good idea. Cheers!

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
suggestion to you cricketman. keep a list of all drafted players by each round so that people don't get confused and it will be easier for them to know which players were already chosen.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Who wants to draft old people.

My captain will be grump king.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Ripoff :p

Should be interesting though. Probably could of done with 1 or two more people as India has actually had enough quality (Unlike NZ).

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Looking forward to this, it should go quicker seeing as there's less people and everybody's no going to be constantly waiting on some guy in the wrong tiemzone to update his team.

*Waits for Australian All Time Test Draft which will crop up any moment now.*

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Alright everyone, the draft has started. The order list is on the first post.

My pick now - Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar

mbs_sachin_wideweb__470x390,0.jpg

Sachin Tendulkar is arguably the second greatest batsman of all time. A master, a genius, a magician - words cannot describe his immaculate style of batting and ability to score runs. He is a machine - the sheer amount of runs he has in international cricket is unmatched; there is no record Sachin hasn't broken in his 20 year international career. The hunger for runs is still prominent, as his tally continues to rise at an awesome rate. He is effective in all conditions, averaging 54 both at home and away.

A true legend, nay, God of the game of cricket, welcome Mr. Tendulkar.

4. Sachin Tendulkar

Btw everyone - post a list of all the drafted players at the end of your post. It'll be easier to keep track of whos been picked and will be easier to update the list on the first post.

Drafted Players

Last edited:

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
048284.jpg

Pretty obvious pick really. My favourite player of all time, and with good reason. The Wall. Where would India be without him? India's most reliable batsman, one of the best No.3's of all time and certainly India's best. A classical batsman with a textbook technique which has rewarded him with accolades such as Wisden Cricketer of the Year 2000, ICC Test Player of the Year 2004, ICC Player of the Year 2004. Can't go wrong.

3. Rahul Dravid

Drafted Players
Rahul Dravid (Shravi)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread