All Time Subcontinent Test XI Draft - np10's pick

ODI or Test Draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My last pick is Indias present fastest bowler. Ishant Sharma.

His best periods are yet to come and he has shown already his potential to be best Indian fast bowler ever.

:p

Meh, Sakib al Hasan.

NP11

1. Sunil Gavaskar
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Zaheer Abbas
4. Mohammad Yousuf
5. Arjuna Ranatunga
6. Farrokh Engineer
7. Sakib al Hasan
8. Amar Singh
9. Saqlain Mushtaq
10. Waqar Younis
11. BS Chandrashekar

Really well balanced team considering how much the random order screwed me over. Beat that. :)

86116.jpg

Irfan Pathan

Too much interference with this guys game by the BCCI was the reason for his downward performance since 2006. He started his career as one of the biggest fast bowling and all round prospects from India since Kapil Dev. Gives me a good batting option in the lower order and a good pace bowler.

1 Saeed Anwar
2 Marvan Atapattu
3 Vijay Manjrekar
4 Javed Miandad *
5 Hanif Mohammad +
6 Ravi Shastri
7 Irfan Pathan
8 Zaheer Khan 1
9 Mohammad Asif 2
10 Khan Mohammad
11 Muttiah Muralitharan

I made a mistake in taking Khan Mohammad. He is a good bowler but looking back I could have taken another player.
I like the way the team looks considering that one of the early picks was missed by Zorax and that pick would have made a huge difference for the team. I am really happy with the openers that I got especially that late in the draft, the middle order is solid. Miandad and Hanif are the strong points of the middle order with Manjrekar and Shastri offering good support.
The bowling looks good too with Murali being in there, Zaheer and Asif are a good opening pair with Pathan and Mohammad offering good options to back them up.

Last edited:
my all time asian sqaud would be

for tests

1sunil gavaskar RHB
2virender sehwagh RHB
3rahul dravid RHB
4sachin tendulkar RHB
5mohammad yusuf RHB
6kumar sangakarra(wk) LHB
7imran khan(c) RHB
8wasim akram LHB
9murlidharan RHB
10shoaib akhtar RHB
11waqar younis RHB

odi team
1santh jaya suriya LHB
2virender sehwagh RHB
3saurav ganguly LHB
4sachin tendulkar RHB
5mohammad yusuf RHB
6M.S.dhoni RHB
7imrankhan RHB
8wasim akram LHB
9murlidharan RHB
10shoiab akhtar RHB
11waqar younis RHB

and guys after this dont say he is not there and here just look all have enough performance under there belt just count the averages and the players at the positions also and in one day opners averges are less but 1 of them can go ahead and can give a destructive start so d rest can come and settle with ease.As even though the 2 people following(saurav sachin) are also openers as well as middle order players so no problem for fall of early wickets :).....

My last pick is Indias present fastest bowler. Ishant Sharma.

His best periods are yet to come and he has shown already his potential to be best Indian fast bowler ever.

:p

Lol, you would have been better off picking Aamer. (Since you are going by potential)

Pick: Saeed Ahmed

I will do a proper write up for the whole team later, bit short on time atm.

1. Majid Khan
2. Navjot Sidhu
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Saeed Ahmed
5. Mohammad Azharuddin (c)
6. Sourav Ganguly
7. Hashan Tillikaratne (wk)
8. Rumesh Ratnayake
9. Harbhajan Singh
10. Shoaib Akhtar
11. Aaqib Javed

Bump, to help out things with the current ODI draft that's going on...

Man, NP10 really pwnt us!

Zorax missed a early pick and that cost me a good player. Also I should have taken someone like Kaneria (I dont think he was selected?) or Iqbal Qasim over Khan Mohammad.

My team was a total disaster here. Hardly knew anything about drafts when I joined this one, and ended up picking hoards of average players. Lol!

I had good batting side and decent bowlers. :p

Users who are viewing this thread