Anal Play

Oh dear the ai in this game is terrible. I just bowled bangers out for for 20 on the hardest setting. All clean bowled. Are all teams this easy to dismiss, or do i have to bowl wide of off stump for them to make decent totals? :(

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 186
No, if you play Bangladesh you're going to find it pretty easy. You won't be able to bowl better teams out by simply pitching it up though.

Best way to make the likes of Bangladesh more challenging is using the player editor make some of their batsman have stats that don't equate to tail enders :)

barmyarmy said:
No, if you play Bangladesh you're going to find it pretty easy. You won't be able to bowl better teams out by simply pitching it up though.

How many do the higher ranking teams make against the likes of a 'young Colin's' bowling attack?

The_gas said:
How many do the higher ranking teams make against the likes of a 'young Colin's' bowling attack?

250 odd. It's my batting that's the problem. I can't chase more than 100 on test mode...

I have to admit i find batting quite hard on test mode. The way i learnt to bat was first learn how to keep out every ball. Ie i masterd playing the defensive shot to all types of delivery. Even the slower ball yorkers, and the doorsa etc. As you can see on my 'second proper game' i scored around 350. With two players nearly getting 100's. I keen to see how much harder the bowling is against the strongere teams. In my last test against the mighty bangers i will try to bowl more outside off stump and less full and straight deliverys to see if they can make a decent score.

exactly i got austalia out the frist time for 194 and i make 224 and they gave me a lead of 191 and i had 8 out when i got there.. btw im playing with Pakistan

The_gas said:
I have to admit i find batting quite hard on test mode. The way i learnt to bat was first learn how to keep out every ball. Ie i masterd playing the defensive shot to all types of delivery. Even the slower ball yorkers, and the doorsa etc. As you can see on my 'second proper game' i scored around 350. With two players nearly getting 100's. I keen to see how much harder the bowling is against the strongere teams. In my last test against the mighty bangers i will try to bowl more outside off stump and less full and straight deliverys to see if they can make a decent score.

I decided to follow your advice, play defensively and try to grind out a good score. I'd also reckoned I'd use the best 11 players in the world.
Result: 27 all out :crying (in 22 overs!)
What I find completely impossible are the variations in pace. I'm late on the fast deliveries and early on the slow ones. The plan was to only play attacking shots when the batsmans confidence was 2/3rds or more full. It never got there for anyone as I couldn't time my defensive shots. Most of these wickets were from mistimed defensive shots and not from attacking shots. I've been playing BLIC for 2 months and I've never sucked this much at a cricket game before!

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 148
Lol keep trying. Using the nets is pointless as the bowlers seem to bowl faster than they do in the game.

The trick to mastering the batting is to learn when the cpu will do those 'wicket' taking deliverys. Ie slow yorkers, doorsa's, or the ones that swing a mile late, right into your pads or the stumps. These are mainly played when the cpu batsmen has full confidence and the ball is flashing. Be prepared to block out at least the next three deliverys untill the confidence goes back down. Quite often if you see the cpu bowling wide, dont take the bait. Wait for it to swing back in, then look to block, or drive.
Especially can be said when the cpu looks to bowl a mile down the legside, at the last minute they will swing it in and bowl you or get you lbw. Wait for the swing and either play the leg glance, or the flick off the legs. (ie left + shot button or up and left + shot button).

There are several different types of defensive shot. Down + defensive block, down and left + defensive block, down and right + defensive block, up and right plus defensive block etc etc. These are crucial to learn because the cpu swings the ball so late. SO you need to select the right type of defensive shot or you wont get the bat down at the right angle, thus making you a easy victim for lbw.Remember if there confidence isnt full, wait wait wait then play the shot. If they have full confidence your reactions will need to be quicker.

Ok. I tried again playing very defensively and I'm quite proud of this effort. What is really hard is playing the slower balls. When the bowling metre is on full but the ball is bowled at 60mph. I always mistime it which send your confidence down. Same with the special deliveries. Cos you're not sure when it's going to bowled you have to expect a fast delivery so you play too early and usually get hit by the bouncer which sends the confidence to practically zero.
The most annoying dismissals here were the ones where the bowler bowled three in a row at 60mph and then one at 96mph. Incredibly difficult to make the adjustment too and time. I'm still quite proud of nearly surviving 50 overs though the final lbw against Flintoff was dodgy so I could have had more.
Also a bit annoying that Tait and McGrath bowled the entire first session unchanged: 15 overs each!!!

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 140
Thats more like it. A good effort, the fastest ball i have faced thusfar is about 82mph. Ive nearly finished the tour of bangers, 3 tests and 3 odi's. After that i will tour a better country maybe NZ or Pak.

Users who are viewing this thread