Anal Play

.::Stevo::. said:
i find batting easy on test.. i normally make about 300 average though my highest is 485. This Xbox btw

How do you deal with the variation in pace? A good shot to a quick one will get an edge to a slower one.

@ Ronan: Yup - F10 key normally.

IMG)
cheers, also how do i start up a forum

Well i started my first test against Pakistan again after a terrible start this morning. Currently 15/0 off about 10 or 11 overs. Slow going but they havent taken a wicket yet.

Dohbot said:
IMG)
cheers, also how do i start up a forum

You'll need to use the upload attachment option to post screenshots or upload them somewhere like Photobucket and then use the IMG tag.

Well, you certainly need great reflexes to play well against Shoaib Akhtar!

From my experience the cpu bowls more slow deliveries than fast ones. So before each delivery, I get set to play a defensive shot. If its a fast one, then I can easily defend it, while if it is a slow one, I have enough time to change and play an attacking stroke. The ball comes so slowly that there's enough time to change :)

The_gas said:
Well i started my first test against Pakistan again after a terrible start this morning. Currently 15/0 off about 10 or 11 overs. Slow going but they havent taken a wicket yet.

Be careful when the spinners come on. Last few innings I've played I've relaxed and been clean bowled first ball!

gold639 said:
From my experience the cpu bowls more slow deliveries than fast ones. So before each delivery, I get set to play a defensive shot. If its a fast one, then I can easily defend it, while if it is a slow one, I have enough time to change and play an attacking stroke. The ball comes so slowly that there's enough time to change

If I play for a slow one I'm always late on the shot. I can't adjust in time if it is fast.

I do a similar thing Gold. The only shots i find easy to play against the 100mph balls are mainly legside shots, especially the hook and pull.

Yea ill keep an eye out for the spinners in the second and third sessions of the day. Rafique picked up a few 5'fers in my three match test series against bangers.

A tough first session, facing Shaoib and Sami all morning. :help

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 82
  • untitled2.JPG
    untitled2.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 82
barmyarmy said:
If I play for a slow one I'm always late on the shot. I can't adjust in time if it is fast.

Yes, but my point was that you should expect the fast one. Then you can defend it easily. And if the cpu does bowl a slow one, then you can adjust easily and play an attacking stroke.

Anyway, I'll start up a match against Pakistan and see how I go! :p

Yes it is quite enjoying. A nice change from Cricket 2005 which bores me to death. BLIC is by no means perfect though. I hope someone can sort out the bowling speeds in the forum of a patch.

P.S Shortly after lunch Trescothick reaches 50.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 80
has abdul razzaq come on yet? he's another one who bowls 96mph "medium pacers". pakistan are the most difficult team to bat against in the game just due to the sheer pace.

I also hate batting against Shoaib and Razzaq, I managed to loose my leg stump to a swinging 167kph delvery! Razzaq is also very deceiving, jogs up, and bangs in a ball at 150kph!!! At least the editors can fix the bowling speeds which are accentuated for some and snail pace for others :)

Users who are viewing this thread