Anal Play

Hey Barmy, a little advice :) The Computer will not take bowlers off if they keep picking up wickets as well as being very economical. So if your struggling against the real quicks, see them off and they will be replaced. They are far more dangerous in the first 20 overs or so.

Also, when playing the quickies with the 40 mph pace variation, As you have been block out, but anything quite wide, play early and attack it, if you play and miss cos its a slower ball, no biggie, but if its a quick one you'll hammer it if timed well.

If it's straight and quick, get that block in, if your not picking the speed well you can play a block shot quicker and later than a drive (obviously :P ) so you get a split second longer to watch the ball if your blocking, but still need to play early. The key is then being able to immediately not delay the button push when the ball is flying towards you.... Or if your gonna press early, try to play down the right line and you'll at least get bat in the way.

Hmm bit of a rant there :P

I will do mate. I want the cpu team to make decent totals for me to chase down.

I played the innings a third time and got to 140/6 before they brought Shane Warne on and I was 143 ao. Still a decent effort so I saved and tried to bowl the Aussies out... My word, the pitch must be horrible. Shoaib was steaming in and Shaun Pollock was getting swing and in 6 overs the Aussies were 7/5!!!
My favourite dismissal Matty Hayden; playing a 99mph straight one about 5 minutes after it hit him dead in front!
Hodge and Gilchrist hit some sixes but after Ahktar sent Gilly's offstump flying out with another 99mph gem it was game over. Aus ao for 64 in 22 overs - I've never done that before...
Now I've got to bat again and make over 100. :p
(Apologies to the Gas for turning his thread into a story thread btw)

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 117
Thats ok Colin, always intresting to see how your getting on in your defensive battles. It must be tough facing fast bowlers from Australia delivering one ball that is 99mph then the next below 50mph.

Well I finally managed to complete my ODI runchase against India using these new defensive techniques. India had scored 149 and I'd saved and had 4/5 attempts at it but usually been bowled out for under 100.
Today I was batting pretty well against the main bowlers and got to 80/2. Ganguly then came on to bowl. One of the main weaknesses of this game is that 'bad' bowlers are very difficult to play (it was the same in C2k2 and C2k4). He was varying pace between 25 and 70mph with most balls in the 40's. Very hard to time. I got hit on the pads a lot. The way I eventually countered it was to take an offstump guard so that when I mistimed it and got hit it was almost always outside off. Tendulkar and Ganguly got 4 wickets between them out of the six taken. Usually occurring from playing too early or late.
It definitely seems to be the case that 'better' bowlers bowl consistently at the same speed making them much easier to play against as opposed to part timers where you'll get such a massive variation in an over.
Still glad to have finally chased down that 150!

P.S. Forgot to mention one of my favourite things about this game is that batsman confidence isn't fixed. It depends on the bowler. When you're batting you can have full confidence against one bowler and none against another. A really nice touch imo. :)

I am good in test matches cause ill stop any bowl that is stump to stump and i only play the ones which are slower in pace.. my bowling is good in test matches i have Akhtar, Sami and razzaq they all bowl above 90 mph!!!

God damm son of a bitch. This tour of Pakistan is gonna be hard, i cant belive how fast Pak bowlers can bowl. 104 mph from Shoaib, i cant even get my bat down in time to block lol. They the next delivery is a 45mph delivery which im on way to early and nick to the slips. Argh!

The_gas said:
God damm son of a bitch. This tour of Pakistan is gonna be hard, i cant belive how fast Pak bowlers can bowl. 104 mph from Shoaib, i cant even get my bat down in time to block lol. They the next delivery is a 45mph delivery which im on way to early and nick to the slips. Argh!

This is what I'm talking about :p

Dohbot said:
how do i take pctures of screenshots on my computer ???

PrintScreen will work for c2k5 and BLIC but Fraps allows you to take more pics without having to alt-tab and paste them as well as videos.

i find batting easy on test.. i normally make about 300 average though my highest is 485. This Xbox btw

Users who are viewing this thread