Andy Flower or Kevin Pietersen - who stays?

Who stays?

• Total voters
So he will still continue under some other role? Doesn't really make sense.

Last edited:
Whoever it is, I would want them to properly value county cricket as good selection tools, and pick players on merit rather then age. He's used Compton recently (albeit briefly and then harshly disposed him) but he kept ignoring the other 27-32 year olds at the top of the county averages and skipping to a talented 22 year old halfway down the averages. Experience is not a bad thing, as Australia showed this winter. I understand it's more to do than the selectors rather than the coach, but a shake up to how selection is done would probably be beneficial.

Also, it wouldn't go amiss if they could score above 2.5 runs an over and start being a bit more positive in their bowling and fields.

There was talk a while back of Flower taking over the higher role in the ECB that Morris (I think?) left recently, so Flower could spend more time at home with his family. So I expect that's what he's going to do, but whether he's jumped or been pushed is up for debate. He's been brilliant as a Coach for us though, even if it did start to decline a bit.

I just hope we don't go for Giles. We really could do with a fresh approach in both selection and tactics.

Was well worth me trying to remember that then.

You've gotta think it's time for KP to put up or shut up now though.

I can't imagine what would happen if Giles got the job. I mean he spent the season in the Championship with Rikki Clarke batting at number 8 or so, with 2 all-rounders after him, which is negative to say the least.

Last edited:
It's certainly possible the new coach is worse - Flower has done an excellent job overall. But new ideas may be just what England needs. As an Aussie, hopefully they get new ideas...but from an awful coach who corrupts England for a little bit longer :spy

Is there anyone who KP hasn't fallen out with?

Like what others said, England never really looked to be able to get Kirsten in the radar but Giles is a tricky one and I wish good luck to England with him. With the all the respect to Giles, he might not be the best man to have for the job. I would like to know what England fans think about Vaughan? He certainly has a good head over his shoulder with a lot of knowledge and ability to control the team right.

Users who are viewing this thread