Announcement/Video and Screenshots/Playsession

Hey Ross Just a quick typo.... Im from South Africa and very excited about the game!! Well done to everyone at Big Ant. Please correct the spelling of the stadium name CENTURION (not Centurian). I live in Pretoria, Centurion, South Africa.. the stadium is 2km away from my house.. Thanks and well done again to you and your team!!

when are the announcement on license? is the announcement been delayed as you referred to yesterday ross?

I think I get it why the animation looked a little off in that first defensive shot (it was too jerky and abrupt).....looking at the video it seems you use the Right Stick to first lift the bat (backlift) and then bring it down to hit the ball!!! In that first defensive shot, it seems the batsman moved the RAS down pretty late and fast.....thus resulting in that animation looking a little abrupt!!!

I think I am pretty sure now about how batting works (pretty much how I have defined it above)!! If you download the video and watch it on VLC frame by frame (there is an option which shows you the video frame by frame when you click on it), in the first defensive shot, there is no backlift.....this means the batsman did not move the RAS back.....he just moved it forward when the ball was bowled, thus you see a defensive shot with no backlift!!!!

When you see it in slow-mo, the animation looked absolutely fine to me :D!!!

Do try this out on VLC guys....will also give you a good idea of how batting works!! Here is what I could find out of this video:

a) You can move your foot to the line of the ball even at the last second. The foot kind of glides towards the direction you move the LAS
b) RAS controls the bat. Whether it is 1:1...I am not sure...but the movement of bat will depend on when you move the RAS forward. (Or back for backlift).

Last edited:
As someone posted earlier,the name and the player who came into bat are unknown.I think licensing is going to be a serious issue.The graphics are nice and smooth though.

Only at the start until people figure out Cricket Academy.

At the end of the day, on the box it won't be clear that there aren't licensed international teams. The worst case scenario is a kid doesn't have the internet on his console and he doesn't have licensed players. He'll still have bought the game though.

Miracle :eek: (This Thread)... It happened because of CRICKET 14. :clap

attachment.php

Attachments

• view.PNG
    view.PNG
    19.8 KB · Views: 318
Thank you Big Ant, you have made one 41 year old a very happy boy!!!:cheers

I think Ashes removed the link to Big Ant's video from their Facebook page...

I wonder what is going through Fegan's head right now...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread