Announcements - latest updates and more

pleased to announce that we have now reached the semi-finals stage..looking fwd to some thrilling action in next games :cool:

[b:post_uid0][u:post_uid0]Important Notice For Semi Final Matches[/u:post_uid0][/b:post_uid0]

All teams are required to post [b:post_uid0]screen shot of their scorecard at the end of 10 overs.[/b:post_uid0]
This is a must for semi final matches. [b:post_uid0]Failure to do so can lead to disqualification.[/b:post_uid0]

Thanks.

The momemnt we all have been waiting for is finally here - Finals of the first ever online world cup!

we have 2 exciting teams - Pakistan the favorites after winning their matches quite easily and Sri Lanka who have come back very well. So can the favorites go on and win the cup or can SL surprise everyone?

Over to Capetown..

After over a month of action, the BLC online WorldCup is over. It was a challange to organize a tournament of this scale but I'm glad that it went fairly well. I'm sure we will have more of such events in the future. With all the new configs coming out it can only get better from here..

thanks to:
Zimrahil, Ste - for behind the scenes support while battling the annoying hacking episode :;):
Ritwikgames for promoting on the main site..
and to all of you for making blc forums such a cool place
:cool:

Edited By Shailesh on 1047488284

After over a month of action, the BLC online WorldCup is over. It was a challange to organize a tournament of this scale but I'm glad that it went fairly well. I'm sure we will have more of such events in the future. With all the new configs coming out it can only get better from here..

thanks to:
Zimrahil, Ste - for behind the scenes support while battling the annoying hacking episode :;):
Ritwikgames for promoting on the main site..
and to all of you for making blc forums such a cool place
:cool:

Any player of the tournament or anything like that Shaliesh? or a topic for the story of the world cup 2003?

Ste

We all have seen the recent nzw activity on the forum - started just after our online WC finished successfully. Not sure if it was only a coincidence..
Hours after the online WC was launched here, a point to point copy of it appeared on nzw forum. even the announcement was copied word to word. but unlike this one, nzw wc ended in complete shambles. rules and format were changed atleast 3 times..confusion mounted over who is playing as which team..players joined and disappeared (including dave himself)..soon the person managing the wc got fired..people complained they lost because others pushed them to complete their match on time :h: ..and matches that started never got completed..all this became too much for the kid incharge so he decided that was it! :) result - A big flop with lots of comedy in between (typical nzw stuff :;): ).

so the conclusion is even if you can do some copy-paste (or image editing :;): ) you just can't beat the real thing..

I completely agree with shailesh... The WC tournament was a big success and you can't beat the original thing.

Users who are viewing this thread