Any Improvements?

If you click the 'AdChoices' icon on most of the ads shown on the site you are taken to a page where you'll be able to customise what is shown to you.

A majority of our ads are via google - who have a page here where you can see what categories of ads you are personally targeted for, opt out or in to ad targeting (more targeted ads are relevant to your interests and shared history).

I'm fairly sure that we're set up not to have ads like that, but sometimes things slip through.

I keep getting a Thai girl who wants to apparently talk to me. Turns out she is a ladyboy called Matt Whitehorn, wasn't expecting that over my afternoon cup of tea

Matt I had VMed you about this.
I want to know whether my address has been blocked. I have checked all that dns as well as tracer route.
Help me if you can.
Not able to open pc from my IP

I keep getting a Thai girl who wants to apparently talk to me. Turns out she is a ladyboy called Matt Whitehorn, wasn't expecting that over my afternoon cup of tea
As I mentioned, your ads will reflect your browsing history.

I want to know whether my address has been blocked. I have checked all that dns as well as tracer route.
Yeah - it wasn't aimed at you - your ISP has a very large range of dynamic IP assignments - a small group of which was blocked, which you might have randomly fell in to. It has been removed, so all should be fine now.

But I am still not able to :(
It is making me crazy.
I am still on proxy.

Btw when I trace the route, after 13 hops it says request timed out. If this info helps you, plus I am now using opendns. What not have I done to access this.

Edit- It is fine now. :)
Thank you.

Last edited:
I'm not able to open PC using my Internet, but it's working on 3G.
Is your non-3G connection Airtel? That would be a common thing between you and vaibhav in that case.

Btw when I trace the route, after 13 hops it says request timed out. If this info helps you, plus I am now using opendns. What not have I done to access this.
While there was some IP blocking for the vague range - this suggests that wasn't the issue. If we IP block you at the forum level, you can still access the front page and you should get to a forum warning message about it.

If you can't get to the site at all it's a service issue, especially if using an alternate connection can get you through. If you and others experiencing it all have the same ISP, then that's almost certainly the issue.

As some basic troubleshooting, have you tried using a different DNS server?

Then yes, it was certainly the service issue there. And i use Airtel.
I downloaded the opendns updater, but I am not sure it's working due to it because it still took me about half an hour after I had completed the dns work to access this site. The last dns update was about 22 minutes ago.

But I don't know how does it update, as I have the same dns server which I mentioned in my IPV4 settings till now.

That might just be DNS caching - using ipconfig /flushdns in a command prompt will force that to be refreshed from your new settings.

using ipconfig /flushdns in a command prompt
Been doing that since yesterday.
Also would like to draw your attention to thread tools drop down, which is not showing the 'Unsubscribe Thread" option. To those we have subscribed, it still shows subscribe to this thread.
I don't think this was the case before.

Also would like to draw your attention to thread tools drop down, which is not showing the 'Unsubscribe Thread" option. To those we have subscribed, it still shows subscribe to this thread.
Not sure why that is, but you can also unsubscribe here. Just use the checkboxes and select delete subscription.

Users who are viewing this thread