Any Improvements?

Remained offline for a day and received 2835 notifications! Boy, I am famous! :D

Went through some posts with members mentioning a change in heart symbol? How about a simple thumbs up? Technically, its different from facebook 'Like' symbol as well and is a common gesture to approve/support something.

Completely agree.

Not really liking this new system. Have to see who liked my post, so the annoying notification goes away.

Or you could go back to before.

Completely agree.

Not really liking this new system. Have to see who liked my post, so the annoying notification goes away.

Or you could go back to before.

Go to User CP > Edit Options > Disable Likes Notifications.

No more notifications.

This is why I keep insisting for Tapatalk!
If you're happy to pay a subscription fee for the forum so we can fund our hosting costs without advertisements, then you can have Tapatalk.

The mobile version doesn't notify.
It does for PMs and VMs - the two green boxes at the top. Because there's no interface for dealing with some of the other notifications on the mobile version they are hidden.

Can the old "Thanks" button be restored back as the old one was better than which we are using nowdays?
As mentioned, there are internal reasons why the new system works better.

As Skater notes, you can turn off the notifications - but they are a useful replacement for those who previously viewed the thanked post notices in the User CP.

Around 50% of the people would be using AdBlockers on their laptops and mobiles. So I fail to understand your logic of advertisement revenue.

So we'd certainly not do something that would have the effect of adding any more users to that list.

You're welcome to explain your revenue logic to our host.

Like/Thanks are both a waste because they can be open to abuse by users such as Kashan. The best way to improve the forum at present is the rearranging of the mods/staff members.

@MattW:This site has a clean security record but it is an unencrypted connection.The communication is just done in plain text.Why dont you enable secure browsing?Http is port 80,i mean why cant it be https:// with port 443?
Web Security is in high need actually.

@MattW:This site has a clean security record but it is an unencrypted connection.The communication is just done in plain text.Why dont you enable secure browsing?Http is port 80,i mean why cant it be https:// with port 443?
I could probably turn it on, but we currently don't have a SSL certificate, so there'd be little point in that regard. I'm also not sure how well the forum software functions under ssl (I've seen mixed reports).

Users who are viewing this thread