Any Improvements?

vcricket cricket scores...

MattW,i just found a few errors in this website,can you try resolving them?
First,there is no SOA(Service Oriented Architecture),it might enable supply chain composite application using a set of existing applications that expose the functionality via standard interfaces.This is most probably due to a misconfiguration at the name server - a zone must have a SOA record.

Then,Domain Name System Security Extensions(DNSSEC) Nameserver 208.109.255.26 and 216.69.185.26 does not do DNSSEC extra processing.This is important for securing certain informations provided by the DNS as used on IP networks.It is a set of extensions to DNS which provide to DNS clients origin authentication of DNS data, authenticated denial of existence, and data integrity, but not availability or confidentiality.I think it uses a public key cryptography.

How about adding a "Thanks" button to the PC.net mobile site? That'd come in handy.
The mobile site is intended to be as lightweight as it can be, so I didn't think the thanks button was as necessary on the mobile site as other features.

MattW,i just found a few errors in this website,can you try resolving them?
The planetcricket.org domain uses GoDaddy's nameservers and therefore to my knowledge both features fall outside of my control.

The mobile site is intended to be as lightweight as it can be, so I didn't think the thanks button was as necessary on the mobile site as other features.

Thought so, may be I'm wrong, but I'd stick to my point. Since you already have a couple of buttons in there, don't know how an additional button would take it away from being lightweight. :)

Thought so, may be I'm wrong, but I'd stick to my point. Since you already have a couple of buttons in there, don't know how an additional button would take it away from being lightweight.
The button needs a bit of extra code in the page to make it work correctly, so it's a bit more complex than it appears.

Can we make a thread for NaveenCC or NaveenCC updates?

If anyone has time, can they give feedback on how they find the 'PlanetCricket Button Test' style - the only difference over the default one is the button images in the post are replaced with stylised text links and icons.

They should look near identical and function the same as the image based buttons - but the idea is that it reduces the amount of images that need to be loaded to display the page (once I do the fancy CSS sprite thing that combines all of the images into one file) - which should mean minute differences in the speed that pages load, which when multiplied over the thousands of page loads a day adds up a bit.

It causes problems in the very old versions of IE, but seems to work fine in other browsers in my testing. According to our stats almost as many visitors use a PSVita as IE6.

:thumbsLiking it, much faster then usual.Was bored with the old thanks button,this one's alot better graphically and the site loads up faster.
I'd suggest to add up a poll to replace it with the current one.:)

People even adopted the text replaced with images on the top of the page (Home Forums Games New Posts).

I'm not really sure on how much faster it's coming, it seems all the same to me
The impact won't be much at the moment, but there's a consequential change I can do as part of this that will improve things.

The images within the buttons could be aligned to the center though
You mean vertically right?

I'll add that it's usually easier to explain things like this with a screenshot highlighting the key part (the Snipping Tool in Windows is handy), that way I'm not trying to figure out if something's just displaying wrong compared to what I see.

I like the new icons. Much better than the old ones.

Another suggestion I'd give is to remove the 'Post Reply' button on the top-left side of every thread. if anyone's going to reply, they obviously going to go down to read all the posts and there's one at the bottom too. You may remove the 'New Thread' option from the bottom of every forum as well...

Users who are viewing this thread