Not open for further replies.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'd assume that if there was to be an official Ashes game the announcement would have to be very soon - I mean I would assume that they'd be looking to release in a couple of months to try and get in both before Christmas and when interest would probably be at its height, plus they'll want some time to promote the thing. There's also the key difference between this possible (maybe probable) game and the last attempt at an Ashes game - Big Ant have released things in the past and it can probably be assumed that they're not going to rip up their previous engine and try something new, and rather use and refine what they've got which reduces the amount of work that they'd need to do.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I'd assume that if there was to be an official Ashes game the announcement would have to be very soon - I mean I would assume that they'd be looking to release in a couple of months to try and get in both before Christmas and when interest would probably be at its height, plus they'll want some time to promote the thing. There's also the key difference between this possible (maybe probable) game and the last attempt at an Ashes game - Big Ant have released things in the past and it can probably be assumed that they're not going to rip up their previous engine and try something new, and rather use and refine what they've got which reduces the amount of work that they'd need to do.
Yeah hopefully we get announcement in the next week.. With BA being the publishers [supposedly] I hope they make the best use of this opportunity [without being tied up by Tru Blu to do things] and make a statement that whatever minimal promotion happened for the DBC games is because of tru blu and not BA's approach...

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'd think that they ought not to be doing that - no point unnecessarily burning any bridges; especially since they still have relationships with TruBlu on the Rugby League side of things. And that's assuming that information is 100% correct, of course...

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I'd think that they ought not to be doing that - no point unnecessarily burning any bridges; especially since they still have relationships with TruBlu on the Rugby League side of things. And that's assuming that information is 100% correct, of course...
Agreed ...Just a way maybe to show their approach...Nevertheless we have to wait for announcement whenever that comes..

abdul170

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
September is key month for official trailer of ashes 17

abdul170

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Bigants will this time give pleasant surprise unlike dbc17

Last edited:

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
September is key month for official trailer of ashes 17
If it doesn't get announced by the end of September, it might never be if it's a new game. If a DLC for 17, might well announce it in October which is likely since don't really think they'd have sufficient amount of time to rewrite a whole new game or even publish it this quick.

People usually tend to think licensing is only player names, kits and faces which can be modded but don't realise developers can replicate things such as the player's bowling action which is just a small part of it. It's an advantage.

Edit: It could also be a standalone game(successor to DBC 17 with few more tweaks to the current version of the game).

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
That application doesnt say anything about the year the game would come out, could it not be Ashes Cricket 2018 or 2019? who decided its a possible Ashes Cricket 2017?

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
That application doesnt say anything about the year the game would come out, could it not be Ashes Cricket 2018 or 2019? who decided its a possible Ashes Cricket 2017?
The odd-number policy BLC 99, 05, 07, 09 and 13.

My money is on 17.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
It might well be as the article says just "Ashes Cricket" as it releases in 2017.. Just like they did with the DBC 14 release for the console version by naming it just Don Bradman Cricket without the 14 [as far as I remember]...

If they continue this for all Ashes maybe the next might be called Ashes Cricket 19..

Overall everything is just a speculation for now..

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
It might well be as the article says just "Ashes Cricket" as it releases in 2017.. Just like they did with the DBC 14 release for the console version by naming it just Don Bradman Cricket without the 14 [as far as I remember]...

If they continue this for all Ashes maybe the next might be called Ashes Cricket 19..

Overall everything is just a speculation for now..
Was AC13 planned and announced a year before?

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Talking about "**13" is strictly prohibited in this forum...;)
lol that was bad dream... but we still are discussing about it's next iteration.:p

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
lol that was bad dream... but we still are discussing about it's next iteration.:p
This being BA [as all the articles say so] I would think of this as start of a new Ashes series rather than a next iteration..

The main reason I am excited for BA making this is because Ashes being test, they should get really or try to get as close to realistic test cricket gameplay as possible..
Thats the reason this Ashes+BA would be a great combo if they pull this off..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread