Review: Anyone else unsatisfied?

Big Ant have come out and said that the majority of bugs have occurred because of the academy and they couldn't test the academy before release as the content was not there. It is not a case of they left bugs in they didn't know the academyy would cause the issues it has

Very true, thanks.

I read some reviews on Steam, that version has really a lot of bugs fixed and overall experience is significantly better than consoles.

I'll postpone my dissatisfaction and wait for the Patch 3 for XB1:clap

Had purchased the PC version on steam today, played for about 3 hrs. Got the impression that gameplay is good but even though all graphical settings are maxed out on my PC, the graphics doesn't look as good as DBC 14.

Had purchased the PC version on steam today, played for about 3 hrs. Got the impression that gameplay is good but even though all graphical settings are maxed out on my PC, the graphics doesn't look as good as DBC 14.

Glad you said that, thought the same last night, I've everything maxed out but just doesn't have he look of DBC14, definitely things need fixing but rest assured Big Ant will fix them and glad to sit and wait :)

Glad you said that, thought the same last night, I've everything maxed out but just doesn't have he look of DBC14, definitely things need fixing but rest assured Big Ant will fix them and glad to sit and wait :)
Totally agree and I do think there is room to move with visual enhancements via some filter tweaking. The game looks more detailed with the retro filter but the colours are washed meaning a white ball on a light pitch is less transparent and hard to pick up. There is another extremely bright filter (I forget what it's called) which brings out every crack in the pitch and every crease in the clothing and every blade of grass. But this filter sacrifices colours also. I've tested different gamma range under numerous filters also, u need gamma on the lower side of retro and extremely bright filter otherwise it's just out of control. There must be a way to get a hybrid mix of the filters which bring out the finer details yet keep the colours of the default filter. I hope this can be looked into although less of a priority at the moment.

Trust me when I say this, EA bugs are the most heart breaking thing you will experience when a game is released by them.

I play all of the EA Sports games....including every FIFA version since 1994 and none have ever come close to the amount of bugs this game has! That said I am looking forward to the patches as overall I do think it is a really good game that I enjoy playing.

This hurts my brain, you do know when games are released and literally with the games I played more than 90% are not perfect without any bugs, all games have bugs when they are released I would say but ay that's why there is this unheard word 'PATCH' coming soon to fix these.

Fully aware thanks - I refer to my previous point that in my opinion these bugs are (compared to any sports games I have played) excessive as at times they rendered the game unplayable (Crashing etc) and my major point is that this should surely have been ironed out before release.

You are a company's dream buying products and accepting mediocracy.

That said, I am really looking forward to playing the patched up version of the game as the basics and concept of the game when working are pretty good in my opinion.

I read some reviews on Steam, that version has really a lot of bugs fixed and overall experience is significantly better than consoles.

I'll postpone my dissatisfaction and wait for the Patch 3 for XB1:clap
Cancel it with envy until patch three?

Fully aware thanks - I refer to my previous point that in my opinion these bugs are (compared to any sports games I have played) excessive as at times they rendered the game unplayable (Crashing etc) and my major point is that this should surely have been ironed out before release.

You are a company's dream buying products and accepting mediocracy.

That said, I am really looking forward to playing the patched up version of the game as the basics and concept of the game when working are pretty good in my opinion.
Then let's all sit patiently and wait, watch the feeds from the PC game play and look forward.[DOUBLEPOST=1484759596][/DOUBLEPOST]
So just too clarify patch 3 for console is going to have the pc updates?
No reason to doubt has always been the case.[DOUBLEPOST=1484759667][/DOUBLEPOST]
People reacting here like that they're playing Ashes Cricket 2013. :p
They maybe drunk and slipped the wrong disk in (men).

Patches aren't going to fix this game IMO

I play all of the EA Sports games....including every FIFA version since 1994 and none have ever come close to the amount of bugs this game has! That said I am looking forward to the patches as overall I do think it is a really good game that I enjoy playing.
Jeez I remember a FIFA game that in year 3 of career mode you got put in to -£2bn debt and that couldn't be changed and the fix was to buy the next game. That was a year after the goalkeeper debacle the game was shipped with.

What do you think is so bad it can't be fixed?

From what I've seen Dave far too many of the issues that were in the previous version remain. The obviously were not a priority and now the game has been released there are so many other things that need to be fixed that these issues will be seen as minor in comparison. I seem to remember the majority wanting gameplay and realism to be the main improvement, instead Big Ant went for looks and appear to have made it more arcadey.

As much as I loved your video of all the wickets, I can't think of one that was the result of the ball beating a defensive shot/block and once again we have the chipped shots/ too attacking from the off issues. I think there is one example of an LBW in another one of your vids, but it is the result of the strangest looking block, where the batsman decides to stick the bat behind his leading leg at some weird angle. This was also prominent in DBC14.

Do bouncers actually do anything in this version,? That's the question that has been irking me the most. I've seen hardly any bowled in the videos that I have seen, which makes me think that there has been no improvement in this area either.

Users who are viewing this thread