Review: Anyone else unsatisfied?

I'm disappointed with all of this talk about kittens and then your profile picture is with a doggo. What's up with that?

You calling me a dog???

I inject, jovial snappetts into threads to mean they are dead. This thread is pointless.

I'm yet to see the game in the wild. Or anything pointing me at it.

Has there been any marketing whatsoever? Has anyone seen a single ad, poster, facebook ad, etc? Sorry to bang on, but I really don't get it. This should have been massively ahead of the last one given the building of a base with the first one, and I can't find anyone in the real world that probably WOULD have bought it that knows it exists beyond the PlanetCricket bubble.

They all do, some are more obvious than others, they have to charge full price as they have to go through a process of 'full cost recovery' meaning they have to recover the development cash setup by all stake holders. Really has nothing to do with he developers and more a publishing issues they set a date and work to that.

Sure I take your point, but for example a game at the same price such as any of the EA Sports games do not have anywhere near the same amount of bugs. Clearly the game has not been tested properly or to an adequate level. I also take your point of 'full cost recovery' what I don't understand is why you would release a game with SO many bugs to the point where people are unable to play the game properly (crashing etc). This would surely then only lead to poor reviews and may put off future potential buyers thereby actually reducing their profit margin and 'cost recovery' in the long run.

I'm yet to see the game in the wild. Or anything pointing me at it.

Has there been any marketing whatsoever? Has anyone seen a single ad, poster, facebook ad, etc? Sorry to bang on, but I really don't get it. This should have been massively ahead of the last one given the building of a base with the first one, and I can't find anyone in the real world that probably WOULD have bought it that knows it exists beyond the PlanetCricket bubble.

Hopefully they get a big push post patch 3.

Sure I take your point, but for example a game at the same price such as any of the EA Sports games do not have anywhere near the same amount of bugs. Clearly the game has not been tested properly or to an adequate level. I also take your point of 'full cost recovery' what I don't understand is why you would release a game with SO many bugs to the point where people are unable to play the game properly (crashing etc). This would surely then only lead to poor reviews and may put off future potential buyers thereby actually reducing their profit margin and 'cost recovery' in the long run.

Evan EA sports release games not totally ready but they do lots of Q&A and have money to do it. I did read somewhere that they said the testing was woeful and inadequate for DBC17. Full cost recovery is a very 'in' thing were costs have to be levied out and planned ahead, a little tired but if you need clarification on this corporate stuff I'll catch up tomorrow. The general ghist is games developers want to develop games but need money to do it so they pull in investors. They work up a financial plan and agree to stick to it, kind off. Now Big Ant have been good in their after sales and the patching of the previous incarnation was good and it will be for this. All factored in.

I don't feel the crashes were picked up as it was something to do with the image files overloading the system, there were no images files (I think) on the demos. Now not bad with half a bottle of wine!!!

Big Ant have come out and said that the majority of bugs have occurred because of the academy and they couldn't test the academy before release as the content was not there. It is not a case of they left bugs in they didn't know the academyy would cause the issues it has

Actually agree with you. Why release a game with so many bugs? They charge you full price for a game but don't provide a complete game. I don't see any discounts being offered for an incomplete game.
This hurts my brain, you do know when games are released and literally with the games I played more than 90% are not perfect without any bugs, all games have bugs when they are released I would say but ay that's why there is this unheard word 'PATCH' coming soon to fix these.

Actually agree with you. Why release a game with so many bugs? They charge you full price for a game but don't provide a complete game. I don't see any discounts being offered for an incomplete game.
Its not an incomplete game: as if an area of cricket is missing in it: it might need tweaking and patching but to say it is incomplete is like saying it doesnt come with any bats.....

Users who are viewing this thread