TENNIS AO Tennis

Start winning mate!
I am. Making it to the 3rd round made me eligible for the AO in a week. I needed 10 points to break 200. Took a whole freaking year though.[DOUBLEPOST=1528409945][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am. Making it to the 3rd round made me eligible for the AO in a week. I needed 10 points to break 200. Took a whole freaking year though.
I beat Monfils in rd 2 in a tiebreak.

I am. Making it to the 3rd round made me eligible for the AO in a week. I needed 10 points to break 200. Took a whole freaking year though.
Blimey then you are a lot further than me!![DOUBLEPOST=1528410001][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am. Making it to the 3rd round made me eligible for the AO in a week. I needed 10 points to break 200. Took a whole freaking year though.[DOUBLEPOST=1528409945][/DOUBLEPOST]
I beat Monfils in rd 2 in a tiebreak.
Do you play 3 set matches??

Just seen a live feed on YouTube, I am flabbergasted, they've got it spot on!!!!!

Hmmmmm, now what shall I buy with my cut of the profits they will make.............................

;)[DOUBLEPOST=1528410126][/DOUBLEPOST]You see the difference bending shots make?? Nothing is taken for granted anymore, everything has to be judged according to that spin, and every shot can arc, as someone further back said, out of court and back in again.

Now time to buy the PC version finally!!!!

Hold on, I want it for freeeee!!! lol

Blimey then you are a lot further than me!![DOUBLEPOST=1528410001][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you play 3 set matches??
No. Not until a mid game save comes. I am gonna do it in my first grand slam. Oh and I play on pro ;):wave

1. Jul 1, 2014

BigAntStudios@Ross

Big Ant
    National Team:
    Australia
    Purchase PC Ashes here

2. May 7, 2015

dazzer169Club Cricketer

Not a problem. It's an easy enough calculation for sure and i'll have to actually ask the guys what's going on for you as my understanding is that it does curve in flight, otherwise how would it go up into the outfield and come down to get caught?

Hi Ross,

Just revisiting my 'rant' last year, and finally reading properly your reply........how you are assuming I mean the vertical curving of a shot (i.e. the up and down curve of it """"otherwise how would it go up into the outfield and come down to get caught?""""), as opposed to what I have explained (the lack of side spin curve, i.e. the ball drifting right to left, or left to right, on the horizontal plain), leaves me astounded, but its obvious you either misread my thoughts, or were having a laugh, as they say, or maybe you don't know how ball physics work in ball games, but I hope and am sure that for your sake, the latter isn't the case!!!

With all the latest patches still not resolving this its clear this relates back to what you told me last year, that this would mean re-coding the fielding AI for fielders attempting to catch a ball that is curving, sideways, in flight, just like ALL balls curve in real life, wind or no wind. Any minute spin of the ball as at leaves the bat should and will impart at least a small amount of sidespin curve on the shot, similar to a spin bowler imparting sidespin on his (or her's!) bowling, sidespin is heavily involved once it leaves the bowlers hand and not at all when it leaves the bat in this game, and for me this is the only oversight in this game, everything else is spot on. Often the oversight, if it is one, relates to an unconfident coding team in terms of getting ball physics realistic, something sports games for the last 10 years at least have mostly got spot on.

Getting the ball physics correct for batsmens shots would get this game up with the FIFA's, the PES's, and the MLB's (MLB 2K14, the shot is hit and the ball often arcs in flight left or right realistically, and isn't misread by fielders in terms of its positioning)...in terms of ball physics and real ball movement at all times.

I know a cricket ball is very heavy compared to other ball sports in terms of its mass, and would be less affected in flight once sidespin is imparted, but watching any broadcast of a shot hit with the camera viewing the shot more or less in line with its path...........will always do as I said above.

Something for DBC 15 I hope...or this "patch 3"....

Thanks again Ross,

Dazzer169

No. Not until a mid game save comes. I am gonna do it in my first grand slam. Oh and I play on pro ;):wave
Yeah I might go to one setters! I am stuck firmly in amateur a bit like my lovemaking according to my girlfriend

I thought, above,I would show you guys my post that Ross replied to back in 2014 re: ball curving in flight in DBC 14.................he thought that just because the ball curved up and down on shots off of the bat, that that meant sidespin on shots off the bat was in his Cricket game.

Its nice that they have sorted this for the Tennis game anyway.

And sorry if it shouldnt have been posted in THIS thread, but I was hoping mikeymerren would see it and appreciate how many years I have been asking for this in Big Ant's games, and also its on trend with the new ball physics they have put in tonight which look AMAZING.

Ironic really considering my other post further back where I said that after a while I noticed the ball DID have some subtle side movement on it...!

This paaaaaaaatch is taaaaaaaaking fooooooooorever[DOUBLEPOST=1528410444][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah I might go to one setters! I am stuck firmly in amateur a bit like my lovemaking according to my girlfriend
If we judged tennis on love making, i would have my own steel box with a right handed McEnroe on the cover

This paaaaaaaatch is taaaaaaaaking fooooooooorever
Exactly what my girlfriend said about my lovema.....oh never mind[DOUBLEPOST=1528410499][/DOUBLEPOST]
This paaaaaaaatch is taaaaaaaaking fooooooooorever[DOUBLEPOST=1528410444][/DOUBLEPOST]
If we judged tennis on love making, i would have my own steel box with a right handed McEnroe on the cover
Ha Ha! You use your right hand a lot I guess.....

Exactly what my girlfriend said about my lovema.....oh never mind[DOUBLEPOST=1528410499][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ha Ha! You use your right hand a lot I guess.....
And I am great at it. Been practicing for 20 years[DOUBLEPOST=1528410632][/DOUBLEPOST]
Exactly what my girlfriend said about my lovema.....oh never mind
She's just never as excited as I am for the patch.

Some people need to get a room...

.... And play with each other...

... On AOIT x

Some people need to get a room...

.... And play with each other...

... On AOIT x
I think the point wax I am better playing....

With myself ....[DOUBLEPOST=1528411182][/DOUBLEPOST]On topic. The venue creator is pretty awesome now.

Users who are viewing this thread