Are England ready for Australia now?

Are England ready for Australia

• Yes. England will kick Australia anytime anyplace.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No. Australia is just too much for them.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • England are 2nd best in the world, but still arent good enough to topple the Aussies from top spot.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I have no idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry mate!! But I dont think England are good enough to win either the Euro Championships or the World Cup. They might have several good Premiership players, but very few are good enough for the international level. Teams like France, Brazil, Argentina, Italy, and Spain definately have better squads as compared to England.

I think we have improved dramatically over the last 18 months, to a point where we can now realistically expect to have success against anyone.

The main change has been the bowling attack. It is now good enough to take 20 wickets a match, which it wasn't for a long time. There have been spells so far this season from Harmison, and also Flintoff & Hoggard that inspire the confidence to take on even Australia.

The improved bowling attack takes so much pressure off the batsmen and that is invaluable. The openers aren't going in knowing they both need to get hundreds or it'll be over. I think that's a big plus for Trescothick particularly, when he gets himself in and just bats, i don't think there's a better stroke-maker around.

I do think we are ready to take on Australia, and are at last good enough in all three disciplines to give them some good games. My only reservations about England now is in their ability, or lack thereof, to travel. But on home soil, I certainly don't think regaining the ashes is stretching the imagination too far.

Users who are viewing this thread