Are the Indian cricket team and board bringing cricket into disrepute?

Have the BCCI/India team brought cricket into disrepute?

• Total voters
No. I voted 'not sure' as i wasn't 100% sure about all the facts.

But since i do now, i would vote yes.

The poll can actually be read as 'Which country is better-India or Australia'.
This is but obvious from the poll results.

Knowing full well,that this is what would have happened-well....

The poll can actually be read as 'Which country is better-India or Australia'.
This is but obvious from the poll results.

Knowing full well,that this is what would have happened-well....

God, stop getting so offended. As a neutral and standing back I must say the Indians are coming across a lot worse than the Aussies are. it appears a few members just want to winge when to be perfectly honest and express my true views I think the Indian cricket team have over-reacted regarding this issue.

@icy: I don't think you can read that poll like that at all. It is focusing on the Indian cricket team and BCCI. No mention of Australia at all. And if you look at the votes it's not just Aussies voting yes but Pakistani's, Brits and South Africans have all voted yes. I like you and all, but please give it a rest

I think the Indian cricket team have over-reacted regarding this issue.

@icy: I don't think you can read that poll like that at all. It is focusing on the Indian cricket team and BCCI. No mention of Australia at all. And if you look at the votes it's not just Aussies voting yes but Pakistani's, Brits and South Africans have all voted yes. I like you and all, but please give it a rest

Indians are known to over-react to sensitive issues.

Well,if you say give it a rest,I'll...
Don't worry Tom... ;)

Indians are known to over-react to sensitive issues.

Well,if you say give it a rest,I'll...
Don't worry Tom... ;)

Why is that. Over the years here I've seen many many thread were certain Indians become overly sensitive about minor issues (not saying this is minor). Patriotism?

BCCI should learn to use its power for betterment of game rather than indulge in fights with ICC or other boards. This current BCCI regime should hire a PR asap. With the money that come in from IPl I think Modi will be heard even more now. Pawar is a politician hence knows what to talk though hes been gilty as well in the current fiasco.

PR is so important in the modern world. I would be very surprised if India didn't have any working behind closed doors

Knowing BCCI I higly doubt it.

The kind of remarks they make you wonder even if they know something like PR exists. The new regime had promised to change the way BCCI work but they are worst of any I have seen. Had Dalmiya been there everything would have been soughted out in backgrounds.

I don't know how the BCCI work at all, so I can't really comment on how it is run, but looking at some of the things they have done it does make me wonder sometimes. Hopefully someone will be able to sort them out

Its a shame the BCCI and the Indian government don't work togethor on issues. They could be making so much more money then they are when you think about it.

Cricket is easily the most popular sport in India, so why wouldnt they exploit that. What India needs is bigger and better world class stadiums alongside with youth academies. Both would bring more revenue in for both governing bodies.

And the major plus would be India would be EASILY the best side in the world in all forms of the game.

Its a shame the BCCI and the Indian government don't work togethor on issues. They could be making so much more money then they are when you think about it.

Trust me last thing you want is government taking control of cricket. I would rather see them looking after other sports in India.

Trust me last thing you want is government taking control of cricket. I would rather see them looking after other sports in India.

Not taking control, but help fund better stadiums and facilities were they would make a profit as well.

What India needs is bigger and better world class stadiums alongside with youth academies. Both would bring more revenue in for both governing bodies.

There are more world class stadiums in India then whole world combined. The youth academies are run by every former cricketer whos got money. There would be more than 100+ high level youth academies along with National Cricket Academys sponsored by BCCI.

Not taking control, but help fund better stadiums and facilities were they would make a profit as well.

Ticket sales will be just 5% of Indias cricket revenue. Even though most games are jam packed and over sold.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread