Are'nt we over-estimating Don Bradman cricket-14?

the most improtant thing in a cricket game is the gameplay i won't want to see any glithces in the game engine and specially the shot stances and the bowling actions are very improtant bowling actions looked great in the previews but i ain't sure with batting stances they can only be judged in the game playing by ownself

This is next to impossible or is impossible. Glitches are what makes a game special, but glitches like Ashes 2013 is what we call proper glitches. Even in next gen consoles Fifa still has glitches, every game has glitches and just have to deal with it.

I think this game is gonna end up like ashes cricket 2013 if we dont get the realse date in a day or 2 I would bother getting it becouse we had enough there is one month to go and we dont kno2 the realse date . Im already fidup of don bradman cricket 14 becouse I did not get what I wanted from it and 1 question is this even gonna realse this year I think 2020 would be a good guess

This hurt my brain.

CWC 99' has 3 times as many stadiums, licensed players, classic matches, actual commentators, and a weather system. Not to mention beach cricket and some awesome other cheats, and quirks (like sliding umpires, and "that's been caught by the man in row M"). And that was 14 years ago! Thing have gone backwards since then - defying humanity's technological advancements.

Im hoping DBC 14's gameplay alone can overcome the shortfalls that it might have in the amount of stadia, licenses etc and future iterations of the game can move towards having some of the content and classic quirks that the "Greatest Ever Cricket Game Made at this Point of Time" had.

Last edited:
I know earlier I expressed confidence in your review of DBC, but new information has come to light which is making me reconsider everything...
I saw it on the Steam sales earlier today for $2.50, couldn't resist. It is far better than Ashes Cricket - even bordering on fun at points.

Attachments

• ets_00008.jpg
    ets_00008.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 89
  • ets_00013.jpg
    ets_00013.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 61
  • ets_00002.jpg
    ets_00002.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 54
I like ETS2 because the developers are passionate and really grateful - ETS2 was greenlit on steam and sold tonnes more than they expected; so they come out by talking about this long-term vision of a trucking MMO (which sounds both rediculous but would be very fun) encompassing more of the world (they've done (North) America and Australia before; but not as good). On release, they had one truck brand licensed; now all but "Magestic" are. They've added a bunch of new content that most people would sell as DLC in patches; and the only DLC is a big map extension into Eastern Europe. They also included an in-game radio app letting you listen to internet radio in-game; and one of the stations included apparently gets 90% of its song requests from people playing ETS2. Seriously get ETS2; it looks and plays tonnes better than ETS1; and is unironically the best game I've played this year (and I've never done these simulator things before...)

In conclusion; have a sleepy truck:

TQxGOY9.jpg

e: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1_tE5MxjYA

I saw it on the Steam sales earlier today for $2.50, couldn't resist. It is far better than Ashes Cricket - even bordering on fun at points.

Thanks Matt - just made my day - been wanting to get this for a while and at that price even i cant resist

CWC 99' has 3 times as many stadiums, licensed players, classic matches, actual commentators, and a weather system. Not to mention beach cricket and some awesome other cheats, and quirks (like sliding umpires, and "that's been caught by the man in row M"). And that was 14 years ago! Thing have gone backwards since then - defying humanity's technological advancements.

I may be wrong but consumers were less demanding & developers didn't focus much on stadium details back then. Now consumers make too much fuss & developers spend a lot of time paying attention to the environment of the game play. Just look at the details in DBC'14 stadiums. If they set out to have 6 stadiums per test country (like BLC/SWC 99) plus few stadiums from associate countries i.e. UAE, they would end up focusing on some 60 plus stadiums. This could consumer a lot of resources, primarily time & money.

However, I wish at least 3 stadiums could be allotted to top 8 test teams. & may be some update patch could be developed in future cricket games where by new stadiums could be added.

I hate the incorrect placement of the '

Amen.

...Also, I briefly thought the thread title was "Aren't we over-stimulating Don Bradman Cricket 14?"

Had to double-check it wasn't a 79c made thread.

I tell you what's underestimated... Cake.

Users who are viewing this thread