Ashes-2023 England VS Australia 16 June-31 July

"That's the Stewart Broad leave" massive swipe outside off.....

Welcome. :cheers

England are throwing wickets away needlessly, I don’t even think it’s due to Bazball necessarily (other than Mo) as I’ve seen them get out in similar manners before Baz too. If anything they haven’t played aggressively enough for some reason, the Aussies haven’t been particularly great with the ball or in the field.
I think, despite being defensive, Australia have not let them get away in the same way they have before. Been lots of rotation though. Would still be almost 450 in a day if they carried on at this rate for 90 overs.

Be interested to look at boundary percentages compared with some other innings.

I think if Brook had better luck, England would have made 400+ easily

Miles behind on the over rate the Aussies but they are not alone with that . And Lyon has 20 odd overs bowled
Post automatically merged:

What a shot for six off lyon by root. I said lyon bowled 20, this us his 29th so a third of the 90 nearly and they are still miles behind the overs

Six more off lyon for root. New ball is imminent so he’s making a few before that

393 for 8. Stokes is declaring on 393 for 8. What a brave decision that is

well game on

Approx 4 overs of the day left for the Aussies to bat . I’ve never seen that in over 40 years of watching England

What a declaration!! No going for 400-500... Sweet and simple! Love this English test side.

Users who are viewing this thread