Ashes Cricket 2009 bugs thread

Seems like it's mostly the PC and XBOX users that're facing problems and bugs.

I've got the game on PS3 and it works like a charm. Play a few hours everyday and it hasn't screwed on me once. No ridiculous load times, never hung on me. Minor bugs (that can and should be overlooked) are part and parcel.

Aah!!
A match between India(me) and TG XI was going great when suddenly that bug where the batsmen(runner) takes his stance at the middle of the crease appeared! it ruined my match!!
I take a single and he stops midway and i get runout!!

For the first time I played the game in my friend's house as I haven't received the copy yet. I must say the game was good but the gameplay is horrible. Has anyone ever seen a batsman bowled by himself?

I played a match between England and India and I saw that when Prior was bowled by Khen then in the card, it was written Prior's name instead of Khen.

:doh

run out bug is my most serious problem, anybody informed it to codemasters, let me know whether any patches are about to release? :doh

The run out bug is annoying to the maximum extent when it comes online. :facepalm I simply was about to kick my monitor. :p

it happend to me twice, i pulled the for a six and in the replay as the left the bat the bat wiggled in the batsman hand then stoped, is this a bug.

When starting a delivery, if you find the bowler balls through the stumps, the bails goes down and the AI batsman won't play anything. If this ball is a no-ball, you can see the scorecard shows over as x.9 overs...
Enjoy it:happy
:laugh

I've played this game on both PC and Xbox 360...surprisingly enough the PC version rarely causes that run out mess up as opposed to the number of times it happens on the 360....I find that odd.

To be perfectly honest, I'm very disappointed...I heard Codies was doing this thing from scratch but they really haven't...the gameplay is still the same as their 2007 game by and large. The only reason I still play this game is because it's the only one fast enough to actually consider playing a test match on (which can never happen on EA games!). Plus the batting is a lot more challenging. Otherwise the game has really disappointed me. Sorry, but I'm waiting for some other developer to produce a cricket game now...don't expect much from EA either though.

(PS...the commentary is HORRIBLE...I mean sure you got to sign Shane Warne and Ian Bishop and Tony Greig, but for cyrin' out loud change those lines!!!*Smashing shot, really smashing...I'd pay money just to come and see that* I remember Geoff Boycott saying that on Brian Lara '99 on my Playstation! *Picked his spot...didn't try to whack it hard, just stroked it through the gap*

1) When the bowlers struck the stumps while bowling, batsman AI looses some censor kind of thing that I get, " Could not find " something like that near the batting meter.

2) Common sense bug ( Find from attachment ) :sarcasm Couldn't have that simple validation of choosing same user team avoided? It should be a very simple one to fix!

Attachments

• bug2.JPG
    bug2.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 33
I got 9/35 in One Day Match and did not recieve the unlocked items :crying

Muttiah Muralitharan :hpraise

....and also I got a hat-trick spread over two overs (two wickets last 2 balls of 1st over) (one wicket first ball of 2nd over) and didn't recieve the achievement :( Its Still a Hat-Trick!

Last edited:
pc ashes 09 odi and 20 20 only have quater and semis

hi guys i noticed that ashes 09 on pc only has quaters and semis in odi and 20 20. anyone please help

thanks. enjoy playing

raveen

thats not a bug! Thats where you start from...then you play the match, then get to the final. If you just played the final it would be just like playing a normal exhibiton match :thumbs

Has anyone seen off a spinner, mainly this has happened off offies. The ball will drift in a crazy amount and hit plump in front get given out... then when it shows hawkeye it looks nothing like the ball that was bowled...

something tricky going on lol

It's retarded how long it takes the fielders to pick up and then actually throw the ball.. that another cheeky run to the other team there...

Couple of times, I had this problem of bowlers finishing the overs before 6 balls being bowled.

1) First time, when the scorecard was showing 5.5, the over ended.
2) Second time, when the scorecard was showing 3.4, the over ended.

Similarities : Both the games were online. And in both the games, I had the bowler bowling no ball and striking the stumps in bowlers end. It said free hit, but the next ball didn't happen to be a free hit & the over ended in before.

Users who are viewing this thread