Ashes Cricket 2009 Demo Problems Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DxWnd wont work either. If you want the game in windowed mode then edit the display.opt file in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009 Demo(path for vista) and set FullScreen = 0

there will be people with wrong bats :( but MODS can edit it :banana2

All PS3 owners look at this thread. NOW.

Okay, I know demo's have been released on PC and the crapbox 360 (couldn't resist). I have sad information for PS3 owners, though. I was searching for any news on a PS3 demo and I have this.

ps3 demo release? - Page 2 - Codemasters Forum

read post 2, by Helios, who works for Codies on a fairly high level, and has some news. I won't spoil the 'surprise', but you can see for yourself.

Oh boo hoo no demo, so what, the game is out next week

Which skill level for 'sim' experience?

I like American Football and have been following/discussing the Madden video game with many of the games developers on the operation sports forum.

The big emphasis in the game this year is to provide a 'simulation' style game that caters to the crowd who want to play a realistic interpretation of the sport.

This got me thinking about Ashes cricket and how we also all want a realistic and true to the sport iteration of the game this year.

In Madden there are 4 difficulty levels (Rookie/Pro/All-Pro/All Madden) with the games developers saying that All-Pro is the level to play it on if you want the most realistic experience ie players playing to their ratings with no modifiers for the gamer making it easier or harder.

My question is this, what skill level in Ashes 09 will provide the most realistic game experience for us? I'm sure easy will just be a simple slog fest so I'm going to swerve that.

Will it be Normal or Difficult that provides us with truly authentic pacing/shot selection and bowling/field placement from the AI this year?

While on HARD mode, I score with a strike rate in the 50-60s, usually loosing wickets frequently. I still have no scored a century and have managed a few 50s (usually off 70-110 balls)

The AI batting is a bit aggressive but they usually score around 300-500 in under 100 overs (depending on run outs)

No hardcore cricket gamer (most of PC, or they wouldn't be signed up here) will play on anything other than Hard.

My review copy is on PS3, so you'll all get to see that come Thursday morning.

Thats absolutely terrible. They can get one out for the 360 and pc but not the ps3, unless i'm missing something here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread