Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

Great to see another beta patch and further support for AC09 from TG - I'm really impressed

Must say I'm glad that they have increased the difficulty of normal mode batting - now harder than in Open Beta 1 and it's now half way between normal and hard. I think this suits my own personal ability as I still suck at Hard mode batting

First thing I'm going to do once downloaded is test out if the lofted shots have been toned down a bit - then maybe a few games online tomorrow night - it's been weeks since I last played online so I'll probably get hammered!!

Oh and I just wanted to check if anyyone else has seen this glitch/bug - I was playing few games over the weekend (50 over ODI's on Beta 1) and on 2 occasions when re-loading a game the AI seemed to forget which team called the powerplays. I has already taken the batting powerplay but when I reloaded the game it still give me the option to take the 2nd powerplay when it should of been the bowling AI teams option. I know this is only a minor thing but I thought I would bring it up to see if anyone else noticed this and to help perfect the game further

I think the batting's too easy on Normal, I get stupidly high runrates.

I think what's really called for is a practice in the nets mode, so you can get good at hard level.

Here I go again !!

OK - I have downloaded the beta 2 patch. But now when I load the game from the cd - my saved game seems to have reverted back to the game I was playing in the original version (unpatched) before I installed the beta 1 patch. Is there anyway that I can retrieve the saved Ashes test series that I had saved in the beta 1 patched version ??

TIA

D

I don`t get it I was playing online fine yesterday, but I tried to play just now and it says my version is not compatable?? I haven`t changed anything since yesterday!

I do have the international roster on though and my theme is the gold one with the dadada music,is it something to do with that?

Here I go again !!

OK - I have downloaded the beta 2 patch. But now when I load the game from the cd - my saved game seems to have reverted back to the game I was playing in the original version (unpatched) before I installed the beta 1 patch. Is there anyway that I can retrieve the saved Ashes test series that I had saved in the beta 1 patched version ??

TIA

D

You need to move the saved game file from the beta 1 folder to the default folder.

is the latest patch available to use online or is it just for offline right now?
And if anyone has played a patched online game how does it differ to the original game.

Thanks barmyarmy.

So........ does that mean that I have to copy the USER file from the Ashes Cricket 2009 V1_1 Open Beta 1 and paste it into the Ashes Cricket 2009 folder thereby replacing the USER file that is already there ??

Downloading now. Was very impressed with Beta 1, so I am sure this will just be adding to the goodness. lol

Thanks for the continued work Transmission. :thumbs:

From Where to download Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2
That's the link to transmission games website
can't find the download link :noway

Thanks barmyarmy.

So........ does that mean that I have to copy the USER file from the Ashes Cricket 2009 V1_1 Open Beta 1 and paste it into the Ashes Cricket 2009 folder thereby replacing the USER file that is already there ??

Not the user file but the save game file (also a .dat).

Users who are viewing this thread