Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

u see when u play online and if u r batting the bowler is constantly moving the marker until the final millisecond until the ball is released this makes it hard to judge the ball where its going to land. so even if there is slight lag, u would atleast know where it will land and can get in line with the ball. a lot of people are misusing this fact making it impossible to bat !!!!!!

i read on transmission page for beta2

some1 please advise about the ball hovering how it has been taken care of.

it is tactic which i use to very good effect i dont see any problem in bowling this way, the game is far more in favour of batsmen so ill take any legal advantage i can

it is tactic which i use to very good effect i dont see any problem in bowling this way, the game is far more in favour of batsmen so ill take any legal advantage i can

Its not needed any more. Transmission have done an excellent job of redressing the balance between bat and ball.

Is anyone else getting lag as the ball is released, or immediately after (but in some cases, immediately before) the ball is hit? It's not happening all the time, but still, when it does it's annoying. Don't know about online, but this is happening offline and it didn't in beta 1. If this is a widespread issue, I'd say it comes under 'critical', wouldn't you TG?

how can it be a tactic, when there is lag involved and every millisecond makes a difference. i see it as an exploit.

have you come on the other side of it? i would love to have a match with you and see how you cope with it?

incase you wasnt aware the game was released in the uk on aug7th i got it that day so i have been playing it a while i havent just stumbled upon it so i have played many matches with and without lag and if there is lag batting is generally impossible no matter what your bowling methods, so i suggest instead of judging my methods either;
1: agree with your opponent that the lag is to bad to play and both agree to quit.
2: get better at the game and learn to counteract the bowling you struggle with like the thousands of other players out there have, if the bowling is so hard to play against then why dont you do the same back coz if its as effective as you claim you will get them out cheaply aswell.

Go easy on me guys - this is probably a real dumb question, but is this a complete new patch or an update to the beta 1 patch.

I guess what I am saying is that I am unsure where to install the beta 2 patch to :

Do I install this new patch to the My Games/Codemasters folder or do I install it to the My Games/Codemasters/Beta 1 Patch folder

TIA

D

Go easy on me guys - this is probably a real dumb question, but is this a complete new patch or an update to the beta 1 patch.

I guess what I am saying is that I am unsure where to install the beta 2 patch to :

Do I install this new patch to the My Games/Codemasters folder or do I install it to the My Games/Codemasters/Beta 1 Patch folder

TIA

D

It's a clever little beta - it'll locate your Ashes folder for you - that's where the beta is to be installed. :)

An ingame online chat system would be helpful......

And a forfeit/truce option.....

I would still like to see more edges for us when we are bowling, the only way I can get wickets is the cpu playing uppish and getting caught in the 30 yard circle, had 1 lbw with Swann and a bowled...but only against tailenders :/

I don't think bowling is in-depth enough just a bit boring really, batting is good fun would like to see it a bit more harder in the final release :)

MasterBlaster76 said:
It's a clever little beta - it'll locate your Ashes folder for you - that's where the beta is to be installed.

Now that is clever !! Thanks for that MasterBlaster76.

D

i am trying to install the patch but it is not compatible with installed version...watshould i do to install the patch

i am trying to install the patch but it is not compatible with installed version...watshould i do to install the patch

We've been over this so many times. :noway

If it's a legal downloaded version, you'll have to wait for the final patch - the only version the patch will work with is a retail version. If you have 'downloaded' it some other way, then you won't get any help here. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread