Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

Okay. How are people finding things online? I am experiencing lofted shots being way too easy. I was just hit for 110 or something of 5 overs and I am not a bad bowler. I am however a bad batter and managed to make 60 odd myself. How are others going. By the way I don't like the 5 over game but just play to see how online is. I would rather play lonegr games but if people are able to score boundaries that easy it is going to get pretty boring quite quickly!:)

It sounds like lofted shots have to be made riskier - if you try lofting every ball, you get out sooner rather than later - unless you are Sehwag or Gayle on fire, but that should be the rare exception, not the case! :)

i am just asking? cant our PC boys make the patch work on gameland downloaded versions...

From the first post:
Also note that you must have Beta 1 installed before updating to this patch, which means those who have the Steam or GamePlanet versions will not be able to use it, it is a issue with the differences between those versions and the Retail DVD.

In original version, there was an issue when bowler strikes the stumps while bowling, program goes out of control & batsman won't move even an inch. i.e. " Could not find " comes in the top bar. Though it happens rare, it mostly leads to bowled or LBW.

Is this being addressed in beta versions? I am yet to try the beta patches.

internet_serious_business_framed.jpg

In original version, there was an issue when bowler strikes the stumps while bowling, program goes out of control & batsman won't move even an inch. i.e. " Could not find " comes in the top bar. Though it happens rare, it mostly leads to bowled or LBW.

Is this being addressed in beta versions? I am yet to try the beta patches.

That was fixed aaaaaaaaaaaaages ago. Honestly, it's like a different game now.

@diaskasun: No.

From my rep:
diaskasun said:
just coz u can play, dont have to be so rude. i dont use a pirot copy so i also have a right to play the beta, keep that in mind

:rtfl

You don't have a right to play anything. We all understand that it's annoying having to wait, but constantly going on about it won't make it come any quicker.

Also, I never said you were using a pirate copy. :facepalm

IMHO, if someone is really interested in trying the beta and he/she(if any) has a downloaded version, then I recommend them to purchase another retail DVD of the game. This helps in two ways, one you get to play the patches and second some more $$$ for codies|transmission. So go ahead and buy a retail copy along with the downloaded version!!!!

Last edited:
Talking for all the good people who purchased and downloaded the game I am very disappointed about Beta 2 having let us down. Its easy for people who had access to retail version to set and say “you people just need to stay cool till full patch get released. And there is not even a time line given for that” it was easy for me to go for a pirot download but the fact is like me so many other members have downloaded it from places like gameplanet. We also contributed for the development of the game and, its only fair we get the same chance of experiencing the game. Even 2 days a go I was willing to spend more money and get my self a retail version. And I emailed codis to find out if I could gat it in Sri Lanka. They emailed me back saying the game has not being released in Sri Lanka. Before crying and complying about pirots, don’t you think they should make the game available here. Every one knows Sri Lankas love their cricket and would spend in buying the game. Sri lankan team is in the game so isn’t it only fair Lankns should have easy access for the game !!!!! its very disappointing, if you ask me

Users who are viewing this thread