Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

IMHO, if someone is really interested in trying the beta and he/she(if any) has a downloaded version, then I recommend them to purchase another retail DVD of the game. This helps in two ways, one you get to play the patches and second some more $$$ for codies|transmission. So go ahead and buy a retail copy along with the downloaded version!!!!

Talking for all the good people who purchased and downloaded the game I am very disappointed about Beta 2 having let us down. Its easy for people who had access to retail version to set and say “you people just need to stay cool till full patch get released. And there is not even a time line given for that” it was easy for me to go for a pirot download but the fact is like me so many other members have downloaded it from places like gameplanet. We also contributed for the development of the game and, its only fair we get the same chance of experiencing the game. Even 2 days a go I was willing to spend more money and get my self a retail version. And I emailed codis to find out if I could gat it in Sri Lanka. They emailed me back saying the game has not being released in Sri Lanka. Before crying and complying about pirots, don’t you think they should make the game available here. Every one knows Sri Lankas love their cricket and would spend in buying the game. Sri lankan team is in the game so isn’t it only fair Lankns should have easy access for the game !!!!! its very disappointing, if you ask me

Read my above post, also even if it is not released in SL, you can order it on amazon|ebay. I am in Germany and not many have even heard about cricket. I initially purchased the online version of the game and also ordered the retail version from India. Guess what, it took nearly a month for me to get the retail version of the game. Instead of crying, buy a retail version or please wait for the final patch to be released

Talking for all the good people who purchased and downloaded the game I am very disappointed about Beta 2 having let us down. Its easy for people who had access to retail version to set and say ?you people just need to stay cool till full patch get released. And there is not even a time line given for that? it was easy for me to go for a pirot download but the fact is like me so many other members have downloaded it from places like gameplanet. We also contributed for the development of the game and, its only fair we get the same chance of experiencing the game. Even 2 days a go I was willing to spend more money and get my self a retail version. And I emailed codis to find out if I could gat it in Sri Lanka. They emailed me back saying the game has not being released in Sri Lanka. Before crying and complying about pirots, don?t you think they should make the game available here. Every one knows Sri Lankas love their cricket and would spend in buying the game. Sri lankan team is in the game so isn?t it only fair Lankns should have easy access for the game !!!!! its very disappointing, if you ask me

I don't know what the problem is, so what if you can't try the BETA, for goodness sake, you'll get the full patch and you'll get it before consolers, and you paid less. Stop complaining and do something else. If you were really desperate for the full copy then order it from another country, otherwise just wait.

Also did I misunderstand or did you just Planetcricket to try and crack the patch so you can use it? :(
Please think before you post.

has the power of down the ground shots reduced [both online and offline]?

I don't know what the problem is, so what if you can't try the BETA, for goodness sake, you'll get the full patch and you'll get it before consolers, and you paid less. Stop complaining and do something else. If you were really desperate for the full copy then order it from another country, otherwise just wait.

You know what, your problem is very common in the world. You never understand the other persons problem!! Its not about money. If it was why would I even get it from gameplanet. I could have download it for some stupid pirot site. The problem is availability. The game is available in bangaladish but not in sri lanka.. I don?t get it

diaskasun added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Also did I misunderstand or did you just Planetcricket to try and crack the patch so you can use it? :(
Please think before you post.

sorry about that.. i take that back, but all in all its not fair

Also, diaskasun, I've just been looking through your posts about the beta patches, and you have so far claimed to have got the game from:
- gameplanet
- gamesplanet for 5500Rs
- gameland
- gameworld for 6000Rs

I'm fairly sure if I bought something online I'd know the name of the place i bought it. That's all I'll say.

so when will transmission submit the game for certification to microsoft?

i believe for console users they have to submit it and it takes like 2 weeks for the patch to come online for the xbox thats what i'm on.

can any1 tell me if the marker issue is sorted out completely when playing online, coz people were misusing the marker and moving it constantly until the last millisecond.

does it stop moving earlier and how early?

Also, diaskasun, I've just been looking through your posts about the beta patches, and you have so far claimed to have got the game from:
- gameplanet
- gamesplanet for 5500Rs
- gameland
- gameworld for 6000Rs

I'm fairly sure if I bought something online I'd know the name of the place i bought it. That's all I'll say.

Well for ur information, before buying it I didn?t now anything about gameplanet and through a web search only I have got it so I don?t think its very uncommon to forget about the actual name of the site after using it ones. I know what are you trying to say mate but the thing is I know my self better then you so. I say I bought it from gameplanet and that?s it

You know what, your problem is very common in the world. You never understand the other persons problem!! Its not about money. If it was why would I even get it from gameplanet. I could have download it for some stupid pirot site. The problem is availability. The game is available in bangaladish but not in sri lanka.. I don?t get it

I have it on console, no matter what I'm getting the patch after you. You will get the full patch.

Also no offence but Codemasters is a company who want to make money, they don't make the game available everywhere, it's just not viable. I'm sorry but that's the way it is. Bangladesh has a much, much larger population than Sri Lanka, that is why that is like that. You have a copy. You'll get the full patch.

has the power of down the ground shots reduced [both online and offline]?

can any1 tell me if the marker issue is sorted out completely when playing online, coz people were misusing the marker and moving it constantly until the last millisecond.

does it stop moving earlier and how early?

I Second these questions. Can someone please answer?

I have it on console, no matter what I'm getting the patch after you. You will get the full patch.

Also no offence but Codemasters is a company who want to make money, they don't make the game available everywhere, it's just not viable. I'm sorry but that's the way it is. Bangladesh has a much, much larger population than Sri Lanka, that is why that is like that. You have a copy. You'll get the full patch.

well i cant do much then wait, but population in sri lanka is 2.3m and by the way we have high access % for computers then bangladesh... dont you think all test playing contrys should have got the game at lest. after all thats their market. lets not go on and on .. just feel let down thats all ;)

I'm not the best person to respond as I never played online before the patch but I'll try.

I think the power of lofted attacking shots has been made to drop off more, so that a poorly-timed shot won't go for four as often, and has more chance of being caught by a ring fielder. As for down-the-ground shots specifically: I honestly don't know.

The cursor problem is caused by lag in the connection between the two players, so for that reason, it cannot be eradicated completely. Apparently the lag has been reduced, but also there is a connection quality indicator when looking for a game, so as long as you pick green or orange you'll probably be OK.

I don't think the cursor stops moving any earlier, but I'm not entirely sure. If you're playing with a gamepad, it's not a massive problem. It makes it harder, but batting is way too easy anyway (not for me but for people who are actually any good) so anything to give the bowlers a little help isn't necessarily a massive problem.

Users who are viewing this thread