Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

I'm sure this has been mentioned elsewhere, but the cpu field placings need looking at.

In odi's, they seem too attacking, often only leaving 2 or 3 on the boundary even in non-powerplay overs. This then makes it easier to get boundaries, as if you pierce the infield with a ground shot or go over the top it often results in a boundary.

More defensive cpu fields needed in non powerplay overs please!!

Either way, by the sounds of it once the P.C. boys have figured out how to edit the game, they should be able to do something about 'Mr Fearless', so even if TG don't/can't do it, I'm sure they will. :)

You and the "P.C. boys" - I feel like every time I read the forums, you and them are about to tongue-kiss!

'Mr Fearless's days are numbered ;) any news on when the oficial patch is going to come out?

Mid-October was the initial target but that might slip a bit. There won't be a lot of changes between open beta 2 and the final patch.

Mid-October was the initial target but that might slip a bit. There won't be a lot of changes between open beta 2 and the final patch.

Really? Thats a bit sucky, I really want these two implemented;

- Make catching a bit easier, or have an auto mode
- More edges for when we bowl...and in general varied dismisals.

You and the "P.C. boys" - I feel like every time I read the forums, you and them are about to tongue-kiss!

Umm no, I don't kiss boys. Now, if they were P.C. girls on the other hand... ;)

Mate, did you ever play Cricket 07? Awful, wasn't it. But when these guys got their hands on it, they actually turned it into a reasonably playable game. That's just one of the many reasons why they're liked so much.

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Really? Thats a bit sucky, I really want these two implemented;

- Make catching a bit easier, or have an auto mode
- More edges for when we bowl...and in general varied dismisals.

Both of which were in Beta 1. It's slightly frustrating: all they had to do from Beta 1 - Beta 2 was:

Fix the bowling stamina
Stop AI leaving the ball and getting bowled too much
Reduce power of 'poor' lofted shots

(which they did).

Trouble is, they also sped up the catches far too much for Beta 2 as well as, amazingly, fiddling with the edges and frequency of edges, which was spot on in Beta 1! Did anyone complain about the edges in Beta 1? I don't remember anyone complaining, so why change them? 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!'

So, since they have undone some of the good work done in Beta 1, they need to reimplement it in the final patch.

I really hope that the problem with the game freezing will be sorted out with the final patch.

as well as, amazingly, fiddling with the edges and frequency of edges, which was spot on in Beta 1! Did anyone complain about the edges in Beta 1? I don't remember anyone complaining, so why change them? 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!'

They didn't actually change anything to do with the edges. This is a case of the law of unintended consequences possibly caused by changes to bounce.

can someone list the differance between the 2 patches because from what i have read patch 1 seems better and some of the improvements on patch1 are not on beta 2, why would they do this?
Does this meen beta 2 is pretty much what the final patch is going to be if so im slightly worried, hopefully ive got the wrong end of the stick when reading the patch reviews

are you people aware of the bug when the batsman tries to play an advance shot and sometimes he missed it then the batsman doesn't move back to the crease no matter how much you try.
i played some matches online now with new beta
and i lost more than 10 wickets till now like tht

are you people aware of the bug when the batsman tries to play an advance shot and sometimes he missed it then the batsman doesn't move back to the crease no matter how much you try.
i played some matches online now with new beta
and i lost more than 10 wickets till now like tht

Even after losing 10 wickets like that you still continued to do it?

Users who are viewing this thread