Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

Some unrealistic things
fielders are not quick enough they are very lazy to throw or pick the ball till opponent take winning runs:( , fielding is one of the important dept in world cricket at-least make some manual field to stop or throw the ball bit quicker than opponent...you could hit big short balls very easily to exactly straight to the bowlers head (boundary), it's a bad short selection but you can get perfect timing in that short easily (have anyone tried this) nice thing is could able to hit square cut and cover boundary in yorker length deliveries so its really worry for cursor movers in online :sarcasm

It would be better if they update some rosters for teams like Sri Lanka, in particular. Their bowler ratings are too low compared to the standards SL has come up recently. Bowlers like Kulasekara, Thusara have ratings 60. This gives unfair advantage to opponents during online.

Yeah whats with Nathan Bracken not being in the game - yet Jason Kreyza is. Word?

Does anyone know if AI dropped catches have been fixed. The AI drops way way way too many easy catches in the original game.

Cant wait to get this patch for the 360. :)

Supershtuffthat added 4 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Also, has the bug where the bowler runs through the stumps been fixed yet?

A few thoughts

Normal mode batting i think needs to be a little bit harder - can still score at too high run rates and batting against spin is ridiculously easy.
Great to see inside edges missing the stumps and running down to fine leg or crashing into the stumps or the outside edges passing through gully, etc.
Bounce seems OK. Great to get lbw's and setting up batsmen for a dismissal is awesome.
AI batting - doesn't take the easy singles.
Lofted shots still need tweaking.
Catching seems fine.
AI bowling needs to bowl to the fields it selects.
Please adjust the default field placings. The custom field editor needs to be smoother and more user friendly and you should be able to place a fielder anywhere - not just in the designated 'spots' on the field map.

A thought for the future - a dedicated runout mode: where close in (or out) fielders have an opportunity to perform a runout. Could be in slow mo, first person mode when a fielder fields the ball, batsmen run and the player has the chance to throw down the stumps at either end by using a power/accuracy meter. I played a demo of MLB 09 and the control method is awesome through all aspects of the game. Throwing to bases is as easy as left/right/up/down and is timed by a meter for power which affects how accurate your throw will be. Just a thought.

You can see a colour coded ping before you start and quitting before the end of the first over is unpunished.

yes so is it GREEN, ORANGE, RED ?? I played someone on ORANGE & lag was bad :( lots of missing frames, I couldnt imagine playing someone on RED lol

good idea transmission :) could we be able to chat maybe ? in finished patch or will it be in ashes 2

Some Issues I am facing Playing Online or Against a Human Opponent

I have installed the Open Beta2 Patch, and the single player mode is much more enjoyable now.

But When I play against a Human Opponent ( Same PC , without any network ) or Even When Online i face the following problems.

1. Playing online and When fielding , the Catching is almost Impossible. I dropped at least 25 catches in a 20/20 , the problem is that the Green Circle when the ball is in the air , never appears . I was Playing as australia so i guess they are a decent fieliding side, and we should get green circle at least when the catches go high up in the air. I never got a signle Green Circle on he ball during the entire match when fielding. ( This was during an online match ), and the same thing happens at times during an entire innings when i play with a human opponent on the same pc without Network.

Also i want to mention is that playing against the AI , my catching is not bad at all

2. When the ball goes in the air and gets to the fielder one bounce on the boundary , the fielders just stop it and do not hold the ball , then they roam around sort of for a second and stop doing anything when they get the ball in the hand, it results in an extra run being taken by the opponent. Is there any patch out yet to solve these fielding issues , or is it only me who is getting such problems.

3. A number of times my Wicket Keeper or Bowler when collecting ball to run a batsman out do not break the stumps , instead they just do the motion of moving the stumps/ bails and their hands never touch the stumps( the ball is already in their hands / gloves and they have time to run the batsman out easily but they cant) . This way the batsman does not get run out , It happend on at least 8-10 occassions in a 20 /20 online match.
4. Hitting the ball in the online games is way too easy , what mode is it , I dont think the online play supports hard mode ..am i right ? If yes , then what is the solution .

I have a fully loaded pc, the game runs fine , no problems with graphics or animations etc. Am also using the XBOX 360 Controller for PC

Last edited:
Hmm I havent faced these issues bar no. 2

its so annoying, both when batting and bowling

they never field it cleanly, even the easiest of takes which would be taken in milo cricket!

it always gives the batting team an unnecessary run, and wates so much time!

I like smoked penguin, with just a bit of salt....

Can i have fries with that?

Finding gaps is way too easy... If a player selects to go on the front foot or back foot the aiming radar gets smaller right? Maybe in this case your timing should get a lot harder to perfect?

Problems with Fielding

have installed the Open Beta2 Patch, and the single player mode is much more enjoyable now.

But When I play against a Human Opponent ( Same PC , without any network ) or Even When Online i face the following problems.

1. Playing online and When fielding , the Catching is almost Impossible. I dropped at least 25 catches in a 20/20 , the problem is that the Green Circle when the ball is in the air , never appears . I was Playing as australia so i guess they are a decent fieliding side, and we should get green circle at least when the catches go high up in the air. I never got a signle Green Circle on he ball during the entire match when fielding. ( This was during an online match ), and the same thing happens at times during an entire innings when i play with a human opponent on the same pc without Network.

Also i want to mention is that playing against the AI , my catching is not bad at all

2. When the ball goes in the air and gets to the fielder one bounce on the boundary , the fielders just stop it and do not hold the ball , then they roam around sort of for a second and stop doing anything when they get the ball in the hand, it results in an extra run being taken by the opponent. Is there any patch out yet to solve these fielding issues , or is it only me who is getting such problems.

3. A number of times my Wicket Keeper or Bowler when collecting ball to run a batsman out do not break the stumps , instead they just do the motion of moving the stumps/ bails and their hands never touch the stumps( the ball is already in their hands / gloves and they have time to run the batsman out easily but they cant) . This way the batsman does not get run out , It happend on at least 8-10 occassions in a 20 /20 online match.
4. Hitting the ball in the online games is way too easy , what mode is it , I dont think the online play supports hard mode ..am i right ? If yes , then what is the solution .

I have a fully loaded pc, the game runs fine , no problems with graphics or animations etc. Am also using the XBOX 360 Controller for PC

The twenty twenty section is unplayable for me.

Cannot get past the first over without the damn game freezing.

I am playing off line 20/20 tournament, normal level. Me as Sri Lanka (bowling), AI as West Indies batting. Any time the ball goes near a boundary (either along the ground, or bouncing from a lofted shot) the game totally freezes.

FYI :

MY PC easily outmatches the minimum required specifications and I have the latest graphics card drivers installed.

Ashes Cricket 2009 is now officially doing my head in !!

D

I am playing off line 20/20 tournament, normal level. Me as Sri Lanka (bowling), AI as West Indies batting. Any time the ball goes near a boundary (either along the ground, or bouncing from a lofted shot) the game totally freezes.

FYI :

MY PC easily outmatches the minimum required specifications and I have the latest graphics card drivers installed.

D

that is something totally new bro

FYI :

D

Are you using a default roster?

There is always a green circle. Sometime for a very short time depending on hard the catch is. For difficult catches it only appers like a flash.

If you are pressing too early then you are not going to see the green circle. Offline or online there is not difference.

Users who are viewing this thread